Dj_yoyoyo
DillonStapes

kids picking teachers

Dj_yoyoyo

Pro

Students should not be allowed to pick their teachers because of three main reasons.The first reason that students should not pick their classes because, some classes can be too crowded or their empty. The second reason is that students should not pick their classes because, it can help with experience of being with different teachers helps prepare a student for their future. My third reason that students should not pick their classes because, other students can be a distraction during class.

I think that students should not choose their teachers because Everybody wants to choose their favorite teacher, no duh. But, if everybody chooses one teacher, the classrooms would be too crowded for a student to learn anything, or for a teacher to teach anything, for that matter. We need to balance out the classrooms.so kids can learn for once!

Students should not pick their classes because, If a student always gets what they want during school, they will not be used to when they don't get what they want, therefore becoming 'spoiled'. They will not cope well with these situations. Therefore, by putting a student through the experience of a different teacher that may not be their favorite, they will gain experience, and can cope better with different situations. Also, by putting a student through a variety of teachers with different teaching styles and attitudes, they will also be better prepared for different people one may meet throughout their lifetime.
Students should not pick their classes because, When students get to choose, they'll choose a class with their friends. They'll talk to their friends during class, get distracted, not focus on the teacher, and have no idea what's going on. They may not be learning as much as they could have been.
This is why i think kids should not pick thier teachers.

thank you.
DillonStapes

Con

First off, your topic switches from whether students should choose their teachers or whether students should be allowed to choose their classes. Because in you opening argument you addressed both, whether you meant to or not, I will address both as well. The first reason that students SHOULD be able to chose classes, is because when a student is going through his/her schooling they should have the freedom to choose the class they are interested in. The government which founded the schools was founded on the basis of freedom and justice and you don't get that when students cannot pick his/her certain interests in classes. By requiring a student to take an art class when the student wants to become a doctor and they are not put in a medically relate class you are discouraging the individuals freedom as well as creativity that so many of modern day schools greatly encourage. Second, students should be able to choose their teachers. Having gone through schooling myself I can recognize the fact that some teachers helped move me forward and some teachers did not. So unless one is against the progression of a student, then why limit the choice? I understand your point of whether classes will get too full or students will misbehave, to contradict that students already misbehave. And being in a class with a teacher you like doesn't encourage one to be rude and misbehave. On the point about class size, if a class gets too full if a teacher is very popular, they can make more classes and a certain teacher can teach more periods. And that still doesn't justify the reasoning behind taking the students freedom from their selection in their schooling.
Dj_yoyoyo

Pro

Dj_yoyoyo forfeited this round.
DillonStapes

Con

I would like to point out that my opponent has not responded and has forfeitted for any reason. I'd like to let my opinion and debate stand for him to asses and respond to rather than stacking more evidence against him.
Dj_yoyoyo

Pro

Dj_yoyoyo forfeited this round.
DillonStapes

Con

DillonStapes forfeited this round.
Posted by Pandas 2 years ago
Pandas
There is a difference between picking your teachers and picking your classes. Your title is picking teachers but in your arguments you used the word picking classes. Also, it would help if you specify the age range of the students/kids you're talking about.