the-debate-master
shamuuuuuuuuu29

kids should be able drive at 13

Started: 1/6/2016 Category: Places-Travel

the-debate-master

Pro

i think kids should be able to drive at 13 so if the parents get hurt they can drive the parents to the docters so they dont die and have no parents kids you want to dirve i know you do so vote yes so they will make it a law.
shamuuuuuuuuu29

Con

I accept this challenge. (I don't fully understand some of your evidence, so keep that in mind) I understand that you want the legal driving age to be lowered to 13 years old, however that simply can't happen. For starters not all 13 year olds are mature enough to drive and they could go places they're not supposed to be.
the-debate-master

Pro

kids will only go places they want when they're not doing homework and their parents let them go out but they should know better then to go some were there not suppose to and they can't go to the bar you have to be 18 or older so how culd they go some were like that
shamuuuuuuuuu29

Con

As I stated earlier, not all 13 year olds are mature or responsible enough to drive, and I do understand that some 13 year olds are mature enough, but realistically speaking the average 13 year old would drive somewhere they're not supposed to. You said that they can't go to the bar so there is no harm in it, while they can't go to a bar, they're are still bad places they can go. When I was just 10 years old I saw someone at my school participate in a drug deal , and I will never forget that, so just imagine how much easier it would have been for him if he could drive there. I noticed that you said they will only go places when they aren't doing homework, and that seems pretty far from the truth, it seems like you are describing a perfect child who always does their homework, and will only go where they're supposed to go, but that doesn't happen, maybe you are describing yourself, and that's understandable but most 13 year olds are not responsible enough to own a car or make the right decision on where to go, for instance maybe a 13 year old is driving him/herself to school and instead they just ditch, can you imagine how many people would go to the wrong places. that's just a few reasons on why 13 year olds shouldn't drive, and there are a lot more.
the-debate-master

Pro

the-debate-master forfeited this round.
shamuuuuuuuuu29

Con

I'm just going to assume that pro has given so i will not provide any more evidence.
the-debate-master

Pro

the-debate-master forfeited this round.
shamuuuuuuuuu29

Con

shamuuuuuuuuu29 forfeited this round.
the-debate-master

Pro

the-debate-master forfeited this round.
shamuuuuuuuuu29

Con

shamuuuuuuuuu29 forfeited this round.
Posted by coco68214 1 year ago
coco68214
i think that people should be able to drive at the age of 13
Posted by Glitter2998 1 year ago
Glitter2998
I totally disagree. I was 13 last year and I don't think I'm responsible enough to drive right now!
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
Allowing 13 year olds to drive would increase their amount of 8th graders drinking which is already 1 out of 4 and lead to more teen pregnancies probaly since they can go where they want.
Posted by Noah4oo 1 year ago
Noah4oo
This is ridiculous. How could a 13 year-old be mature enough to drive? They are simply not mentally nor physically mature enough to be given access to a transportation method higher than that of a bicycle. Perhaps you are 13 and believe that you are indeed old and mature enough to be able to take care of yourself should an accident occur or you get into some place that you shouldn't be, but I can tell you for a fact that no 13 year-old is or will be. It's just a fact of nature and I mean no insult to you as a person.