zackkorn
dtaylor971

kids should get paid for doing chores

dtaylor971

zackkorn

Pro

kids need motovation
dtaylor971

Con

I accept this debate, and I look forward to a healthy one! Thanks for the debate topic!

"Kids need motovation."
This statement, alone, acts like children need motivation to do something. While this is true, one should not need motivation to help their own family, as helping the family should be your motivation and reward alone. Kids would then start demanding more money because they are not 'motivated' enough. It would just be one of the errors of the parents' way.

Since this was your only argument, I will turn to mine rather fast. Please, if you can, give me more to refute in the next argument, as I like to refute a lot. Thank you!

For my first argument, I will turn to the message it sends. As we all know, in childhood, children learn how to do things such as walk and talk. Later in their childhood, they learn how to behave and the rules of live. If we pay them for doing chores, then it will make them greedy and send them the wrong message. That message would be, "do something for me and you will get paid." While that will cover most circumstances later in life, the ones it does not cover will bite them in the butt. Like, for instance, someone drops a wallet. The child who was paid to do his chores all of his life takes five bucks from the wallet and returns it to the man who dropped it. Do we really want out kids doing this, and learning these life lessons? I think not. Maybe you think differently.

Paying children to do your work will also make them have a bad attitude in the future. It will make them lazy, as they will think that they can pay something for anything and would willingly do it. But this is not the case. Children need to learn that they can not pay people to do things, but rather have to do at least something themselves. This may be extreme, but it actually could happen. I bet there are some pretty moderate cases out there.

For my last argument today, I will point out that, like a normal worker, they all always looking for a raise. But the thing is that kids want a bigger raise more often. If you make them work for free, then they will not usually want a raise. If you pay them, they will never be satisfied. Trust me, I used to be a kid. A very greedy one, also. So just trust me on this one.

In conclusion, my first arguments were based on futures and attiktudes and how they would be changed. I also refuted pro's only argument. On to you!
zackkorn

Pro

when kids get a job they will have to work for money so when you pay your kids a certain amount of money a week like 5 dollars depending on what they do for chores.

so it will make kids greedy but that can be good. the kids will want to do more chores so things will get done a lot faster
dtaylor971

Con

Thank you for adding more arguments.

"When kids get a job they will have to work for money so when you pay your kids a certain amount of money a week like 5 dollars depending on what they do for chores."
Unfortunatley, I do not understand what you said there. You provided no valid reason after 'so.' It is true that when they grow up, they will get a job. But here's the problem. As I said before, kids get greedy with allowance. Therefore, they will get greedy with their jobs. That leads to getting fired. It may be a bit extreme of an example, but it has probably happened with overly-sensitive kids before.

"So it will make kids greedy but that can be good. The kids will want to do more chores so things will get done a lot faster."
In the time being, it can be good. But in the future, it can be horrific. Also, children would not know how to handly their time well. If they do too many chores for the sake of money, they may not get tgheir homework done. It also makes bad moral values because, as you said, kids would be working for the sole acquisition of money.

Thank you for this debate!

Best Regards,
D.J

Posted by zackkorn 3 years ago
zackkorn
bee back tomorrow
Vote Placed by Matt_L 3 years ago
Matt_L
zackkorndtaylor971Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con has stronger arguments than Pro.
Vote Placed by 19debater19 3 years ago
19debater19
zackkorndtaylor971Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins for longer debates, more sources, and better spelling and grammer.
Vote Placed by Josh_b 3 years ago
Josh_b
zackkorndtaylor971Tied
Reasons for voting decision: There are responsibilities outside the workplace, chores help reinforce self responsibility.
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
zackkorndtaylor971Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I found both arguments in this debate not very logical. While Cons arguments were more concise, they lacked rationality so I am not awarding points as the arguments needed to be stronger. Con had far better conduct than Pro. The grammar of Con was more concise and made the arguments easy to read. As such Con wins the debate in my opinion.
Vote Placed by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
zackkorndtaylor971Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro proved none of his arguments and did not refute his opponent's arguments. Con used an example to prove his arguments and actually countered his opponent's. Pro started with what is not even a statement and made grammatical mistakes.