vi_spex
Preston

know=physical experience

Preston

vi_spex

Pro

i dont know Means, i have to imagine it, so if i take my hand behind my back, how many fingers am i showing?
Preston

Con

Know is defined as " to be aware of through observation, inquiry, or information."

Information can be obtained from another and thus you can physically know something without physically experiencing it.
  • We know that everything will not disappear when we blink because it is literally impossible.
  • We know that the sun will rise again even though we've never experienced tomorrow.
  • We know history even though we never experienced it, because just because we don't individually experience something doesn't mean it only exists with us.

In order for my opponent to win they must show we cannot know anything we do not experience for our selves, AND that know is thus defined as a solely physical experience.
vi_spex

Pro

i can at best believe what others tell me, as i have to imagine it

so its impossible that the sun will not rise ?
Preston

Con

Yes it is impossible that the sun will not rise, because we know it will not cease to exist for millions and millions of years, And because we know and have not experienced you are incorrect in stating:

know=physical experience
vi_spex

Pro

god couldnt kill it no..

Preston

Con

god couldnt kill it no..
- But we don't know there is god, we believe there is a god, so we don't know if he can destroy it, we believe he can.

i don't know Means, i have to imagine it, so if i take my hand behind my back, how many fingers am i showing?

- Your fingers do not cease to exist just because i can't see them, i know they exist even though I am not physically experiencing them at this time. I am not claiming you know everything regardless of experiencing it, i am saying you don't always have to physically experience something to know it.
vi_spex

Pro

is god impossible?

lies exist
Preston

Con

no but we dont know anything for 100%, thats what faith is for. I win this debate by the way, you havent countered my arguments or proven your own resolution.
vi_spex

Pro

you havnt been con.. automatic lose

assuming you are human, i know you cant close your eyes and read on, unless you have transparent eye lids or something
Preston

Con

I havent been con... uhm... well im glad this is done...

Here is everyone's RFD:

Pro does not fulfill BOP, he rants but does not provide any refutation to cons argumentation, at one point he just posts his first post. Because he does not prove the resolution you default neg.
Vote Placed by TGambit 1 year ago
TGambit
vi_spexPrestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: sigh
Vote Placed by imabench 1 year ago
imabench
vi_spexPrestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: As usual in Vi's debates, he fails to produce a single coherent argument for a debate that has an incomprehensible resolution to begin with.