vi_spex
brontoraptor

knowledge beats belief

vi_spex

Pro

truth=knowledge=seen=past=memory
brontoraptor

Con

vi_spex

Pro

thats denial
brontoraptor

Con

"My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength."

-Michael Jordan

"You are what you believe you are" video-

*

When people have a shared belief system, they are hard to beat. Belief systems unite. Belief systems give deeper meaning. Belief wins every time. What is knowledge? Knowledge today can become archaic bs tomorrow.

"Glenn Beck. Belief wins every time" video-

*

Concerning the student loan debt crisis, people obtained knowledge. They went to school. They obtained information...and they became nothing. All that knowledge; nothing to show for it. Knowledge got them absolutely nothing.

"Student debt Crisis" video-

*

Michael Jordan is known by many As the best basketball player of all time. He won 6 NBA Championships, 1 college national championship (of which he hit the game winning shot, and 2 olympic gold medals.

"I've never lost a game I just ran out of time."

-Michael Jordan

"Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."

-Michael Jordan

*

Peyton Manning was a 2 time Superbowl champion, played in 4 superbowls, and was a 5 time NFL MVP.

"I committed my life to Christ, and that faith has been most important to me ever since."

-Peyton Manning

vi_spex

Pro

beliefs oppose..

you have defined retardation.. congrats
brontoraptor

Con

I just believe...

The word “Faith” is Grade-A final vocabulary, the ultimate way to stop wondering. Faith is considered a virtue, perhaps the highest virtue of all, and as such “I just have faith” is a proudly virtuous way of saying you’re done wondering. We don’t feel or experience faith, we have it, as though it’s a permanent possession. Your faith is with you always, not in waves of certainty amidst your doubts, but a conviction made and held once and for all.

As a final vocabulary, faith is perhaps most useful when it’s left vague and ill-defined. People often simply say, “I have faith” without specifying what exactly they have faith in. Positive, Ill defined and without specifics it can be used to hault wondering about anything and everything.

According to psychology, we all have faith in faith. We respect it and defer to it. When people say, “I have faith,” we are likely to stop questioning them, or at least lighten up.

*

Empirical studies of many groups dealing with major life stressors such as natural disaster, illness, loss of loved ones, divorce and serious mental illness show that religion and spirituality are generally helpful to people in coping, especially people with the fewest resources facing the most uncontrollable of problems. However, there are many forms of religious coping, and some are more helpful than others. People can draw on many religious and spiritual resources that have been tied to better adjustment in times of crisis. These positive religious coping methods include spiritual support from God or a higher power, rituals to facilitate life transitions, spiritual forgiveness, support from a religious institution or clergy and reframing a stressful situation into a larger, more benevolent system of meaning.

*

www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2013/03/religion-spirituality.aspx

*

So, let's take a look at vi_spex.

He has been in 557 debates and won..........69...

If his win to loss ratio is indicative of anything, and he is claiming "knowledge", then knowledge is not beating anything.

He claims some kind of knowledge while I claim belief.

Vi_spex's rebuttle was:

"You have defined retardation.. congrats."

This is a negative rhetoric, a negative vocabulary, a negative viewpoint.

Vi_spex has shown us a negative psychological characteristic called "Polarizing." You see things only as either good or bad. There is no middle ground. You feel that things have to be perfect or they are a total failure.

self-talk:

Vi_spex has also shown us an example of "Filtering." This is when you magnify the negative aspects of a situation and filter out all of the positive ones.

Posted by whiteflame 6 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: HomelySherlock// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: Made excellent points, whereas Con attacked him based on his previous debates.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter does not explain conduct, S&G or sources. (2) For arguments, the voter is required to examine specific points made by both sides in the debate. The voter does so for neither debater.
************************************************************************
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
sry i shouldnt call you a retard.. but you are retarded.. and you were not born like that, its so sad to see you walking talking paradoxes..
do you understand you need to breathe? how does faith work to the contrary of that.. did it ever cross your mind to think? da FCK
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
the thickets, of thick layers