knowledge is truth, and belief is disagreement

therfore con is a lier

Belief- an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.

Knowledge is truth, but a belief is not always a disagreement to truth.

I know the sun is hot.

I believe the sun is hot.

Therefore, both are correct in that situation.

In epistemology, philosophers use the term "belief" to refer to personal attitudes associated with true or false ideas and concepts. [1]

Even philosophers disagree with you. Beliefs can be true and false, so saying that all beliefs are disagreements is not true.

Example #2:

I know that that ants are tiny.

I believe ants are tiny.

These are not disagreeing, they both state that ants are tiny.

is the sun not hot?

you believe it or know it

belief is doubt

can be true is not true, true is, life is true

know IS true

It doesn't matter whether you believe or know in some situations. Whether you belief or know the sun is hot, you are still acknowledging the fact that it is not cold. If I know the sky is big and If i believe the sky is big, these are not disagreeing.

Know is true, but sometimes belief can be true.

The burden of proof is on you, which you have failed to do so far.

you can believe the sun is cold.. belief is belief

you cant know and believe the same thing.. you know it or not.. belief is unknown

Not true.

A belief is a mix of some things that are true and some things that are false. Therefore, beliefs are true and false.

I believe the Earth is flat: Not true.

I believe the sun is hot: True.

I never said you can know and believe the same thing, but two people can believe and know and they aren't disagreeing are they? Not all beliefs are unknown, I believe is a website, which is obviously true. Let's say I believe God exists and one day God appears, wouldn't my believe have been correct? Note: That's hypothetical.

it is true that the sun is hot..

it is true that ddo is a website..

how do you know its true that ddo is a website.. or how do you not believe its a website?

Pro just admitted that I was, in fact, correct. I know that ddo is a website because of the "org" at the end of it. I know that it's a website. If I believe it is a website I still think it is a website. You haven't proven anything.

ddo IS a website

Pro has stated the ddo is a website, which is correct. This, however, is completely irrelevant as to why belief is disagreement. Pro has proven nothing, whereas I have provided examples to explain why he is incorrect. Vote con.
Posted by whiteflame 3 months ago
>Reported vote: HeavenlyPanda// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Pro had terrible grammar mistakes. Pro also didn't provide proof for his point even though he was the instigator. Con refuted all of pros points and even made pro concede that con was right.

[*Reason for non-removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain conduct. (2) S&G is insufficiently explained. The voter is required to do more than simply state that one side had terrible grammar, and must point out how that grammar affected understanding of the argument. (3) Sources are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to assess sources given by both sides and assess their quality as well as their quantity. Having 0 sources on one side is, by itself, not reason enough to award these points, as the voter has to establish that the other side had reliable sources. (4) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to assess specific arguments made by both debaters, and not simply state that one side refuted the other. There is no clear concession of the debate in Pro's arguments.