supernatural
HunterSego

laptops are better than books

HunterSego

supernatural

Pro

dear opponent,
I feel that laptops are way better than books as a large amount of information can be stored in a laptop most laptops are Eco friendly as many laptops run on solar energy.Rather than carrying 10 books, you can just carry a small laptop.
HunterSego

Con

Hello supernatural. I am very happy to be debating you on this topic.

Before I address your arguments, I want to state that my position is to negate that a laptop is better for reading than a book. Pro didn't say this but I want to make sure that there is no confusion about this later on in the debate.

For this debate, I am going to copy and paste Pro’s text in apostrophes and make it italic.

Pro’s Argument:

Pro first says that a laptop can store a large amount of information. This is true, a laptop could hold many books. In a run on sentence, Pro states that laptops are eco-friendly because a lot use solar power. This may or may not be true and I think that Pro should get a source to back this claim up. Lastly, Pro brings up a good point with saying that a laptop is smaller than carrying around ten books. This is very true! A laptop is smaller than carrying ten books, but in most cases, it isn’t smaller than one book. It isn’t practical that someone would be carrying ten books around though. People usually don't read more than one or two books at a time.

My Argument:

1. A laptop is much bigger to carry around than a book. Not only this, but a laptop is much easier to damage than a book. A laptop hitting the ground can permanently ruin it but a book dropped the same way could take little to no damage.

2. A laptop needs to be charged to stay on. This can be an inconvenience if you’re trying to read and have the battery run out. You’re then stuck having to find a place to charge your laptop. A book doesn’t require electricity to run, so you never have to worry about not being able to read it.

3. A book is easier to read than a laptop. Laptops are large and clunky which can make reading comfortably a challenge. With you book you can lay down, stand up, or even be upside down. You couldn’t do that as easily with a laptop. A book is also, in most cases, lighter than a laptop which can reduce fatigue that the reader could’ve experienced from having to hold the heavier laptop.

Good luck in round 2.

supernatural

Pro

supernatural forfeited this round.
HunterSego

Con

If Pro would like to continue, they can post their round 2 argument in round 3.
supernatural

Pro

supernatural forfeited this round.
HunterSego

Con

It seems that Pro isn't going to try to continue the debate. Please vote Con.
supernatural

Pro

supernatural forfeited this round.
HunterSego

Con

Pro never responded after round 1. Please vote Con.
Vote Placed by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
supernaturalHunterSegoTied
Reasons for voting decision: FFs. Next time, con, go to DDO forums to the "Post unvoted and forfeited debates here" thread.