intellectiq
Barnakk

legal age should be 16

intellectiq

Pro

I know what everyone is thinking that's crazy considering that's younger than 18 and there still in school you can get your driver license at 16 and I believe that the younger you are being treated like an adult with responsibility which can help you in your future.
Barnakk

Con

People who are 16 and even older are still discovering themselves. With that said, the couple barely know each other and marriage is to be for a lifetime, not a few years. Understanding yourself as well as your partner is a vital point in marriage and should not be dismissed.

It is impossible for a 16-year-old couple to be independently financially stable. By marrying at such a young age, you'd only be setting yourself up for disaster and an inevitable divorce.

I will address my other points later
intellectiq

Pro

I agree that getting married and being in a serious relationship at a young age can be a disaster being legal at 16 don't necessarily means that they don't have tobe married or in a relationship that being said although at the age 16 you are still figuring yourself out the reason there an age limit based on maturity which isn't fair because some people mature faster than others that being said those who under the age limit are smarter and mature then those who over the age limit so I feel that why should someone who is very mature advance and know what there doing be helded back because of the age it doesn't make sense.
Barnakk

Con

My opponent starts off by contradicting himself/herself by stating a relationship at such a young age may be disastrous. My opponent argues that some people mature faster than others, which is true; however, the frontal lobe of the brain, the part of the brain whose function involves the ability to project future consequences resulting from current actions, the choice between good and bad actions (or better and best), the override and suppression of socially unacceptable responses, and the determination of similarities and differences between things or events, isn't fully matured until the late 20's. With that said, many will argue that the legal age of marriage should be set at past 18.

http://biology.about.com...
intellectiq

Pro

Another good point however sources indicate that the fully development and maturity starts in the early 20's
another point that my opponent made was that it would effect them in the future if at a young age they be treated like adults with the responsibility that can make them an responsible as adults do longer you treat them like children the more immature they will be
If you say there not older enough to do this or that there going to do it anyway what makes teens what to do grown up enough is the fact that someone tells them they can't if these teens knew about the responsibilities of being adult earlier on they would be careful in the decisions they make.
Barnakk

Con

Pro's only assertion lacks any proof and shall be dismissed.
intellectiq

Pro

intellectiq forfeited this round.
Barnakk

Con

Barnakk forfeited this round.
intellectiq

Pro

intellectiq forfeited this round.
Barnakk

Con

Barnakk forfeited this round.