debate_man98223
Francisl89

legalization of weed

debate_man98223

Con

weed should not be legal because people abuse the fact that it is legal and just smoke it any where they feel like, they go out and buy a lot of weed and turn around and sell it on an abandon road or smoke it and then go drive. people have lost there lives to people who smoke weed and drive I can relate to that on a personal level. I also know a lot of people who use pot not for medical but to get high and I affects people in may ways but that's not what I'm getting at the point is that people like me who are allergic to weed can get a lethal reaction when people smoke it where ever they want and people like me have no choice but to go threw it to my destination. that is why weed should not be legal
Francisl89

Pro

Hello, The legalization of weed should go through because first, it should be removed from a Schedule 1 drug: as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples are:heroin,LSD, marijuana, ecstas. If one reads this, you would imagine marijuana has no medical use when we all know at this point, this is not true. I can imagine that with the legalization of marijuana, just like those who smoke cigarettes and everyone else has to deal with it, they should have places where it should be allowed and not allowed as well as DUI"s can be issued for driving & smoking
debate_man98223

Con

debate_man98223 forfeited this round.
Francisl89

Pro

Francisl89 forfeited this round.
debate_man98223

Con

sorry for not responding it was a long week anyway weed should not be legal because people abuse it and do what ever they want with it so that's just all i am going to say about this debate i guess i should have researched it out better before starting this debate i was trying to build up my debate skills for Thursday in my English class we are doing debates so i figured i check this site out and build my debate skills up. if you could give me pointers on how you debate that might give me the upper hand in my debate class.
Francisl89

Pro

Hello,
This was my first debate too. All i can tell you is that you should do research to back up what you are saying. Good luck.