vi_spex
Unitomic

life being nature, there is no, before life

Unitomic

vi_spex

Pro

life=sensory experience

nature=life

Unitomic

Con

==Unitomic==
Unitomic

Con

Preface: Pro has not sourced any of his definitions. Thus I shall provide sourced ones for which the debate can advance upon.

Synopsis:
The Resolution is “life being nature, there is no, before life”. Breaking it down some… we get nothing. The Resolution has literally no meaning that can be granted with enough clarity to count as legitimate.

Proposition I: Definitions

Life: 1] the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death. {1}

2] the ability to grow, change, etc., that separates plants and animals from things like water or rocks {2}

Nature: 1] the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations. {3}

2] the physical world and everything in it (such as plants, animals, mountains, oceans, stars, etc.) that is not made by people {4}

1] http://dictionary.reference.com...

2] http://www.merriam-webster.com...

3] https://www.google.com...

4] http://dictionary.reference.com...

Proposition II: BOP and Requirements to Win

Pro is the instigator, and the primary claimant, and therefore has BOP. On that principle, I need not prove any particular side, I need only ensure that Pro has not sufficiently affirmed the resolution. How Pro would affirm a resolution which is, grammatically speaking, means nothing, I do not know.

Case I: Nature is not Life

Rationalization: By the definitions presented, we see that nature is not just life, but also landmass and, in truth, everything that isn’t man-made (including the stars). Because of this, even if there were no life, Nature would still exist.

Conclusion: Simply put, I have shown in this one two sentence statement that nature still exists, even without life.

Closing Statement: Ok, so I woke up today. I was really tired, and thought to myself, “no, I’m heading right back to bed after I drop off some stuff to work!!”. To some degree, I felt really bad because I had been working REALLY hard on waking up early, and exercising. So I was on the road, thinking about how I was going to break my awesome record of proper sleep scheduling. Suddenly I realized I wasn’t tired! Praise the High Unitome Above!! Once I dropped off my stuff, I went to the gym. Suddenly I realized! It was the fourth day! And I’m doing a Five-Day Split, meaning this was my day off! But alas, it is still 7-day cardio. But I thought, hey I can skip just once. Of course, that’s terrible reasoning, and not one that should be maintained. However it wasn’t the worst of it. I decided to head instead to.. McDonalds. I know, shame on me. But THAT wasn’t the worst part! I got distracted looking to see if there was incoming traffic as I was turning left of Green. Do you know what I missed? A Cop car. with it’s lights on. I cut off a cop car with it’s lights on. Luckily, I just got a really mean look, and survived unticketed. Afterwords I came back home.

So, I was thinking of a fanfiction. Anyone wanna sign up? I’m trying to get Imabench to collaborate with it. He seems to think it will do good, but I haven’t got a yes from him yet. If you wanna sign up (I get full use of your name to be any character I want.), just PM me! It’s a sci-fi, taking place in a galaxy 10 billion light years away! Don’t worry, I’ve explained it all in the story ;)

Vi Spex will be some guy driven insane due to centuries of cryogenic stasis where some fault had developed. Yeah. It will be awesome. Ya’ll should read it. It’s going to be frikkin AWESOME!

Ok, so I had the greatest dream ev… damn I forgot it……

Ok, different story then.. Yesterday I was at work, whe.. I REMEMBER IT!! So I was sitting there (in-dream) in my apartment. Suddenly my mom’s there, with my brother, and they’re packing everything up!! I’m sitting there like “WHAT THE HELL!!!” Donald says, “Well we’re moving. Heading to a new apartment”. I’m not quite sure what to think. I try to stop him. Who is HE to decide we’re moving. I mean, really!?!? Suddenly the landlords in. And she’s finding all these things wrong with the apartment, and I’m still there trying to figure out what’s going on. In the end, I get everyone out, and I’m pissed. I decide I’m never talking to mom or Donald EVER AGAIN! Well suddenly Dream version of me develops monophobia, and begins freaking out. End of story. I woke up. Almost punched Donnie. Then I realized he wasn’t there. He was in the living room. I was about to punch a version on him that I was seeing while in the half-dream half-awake stage you fall into if you don’t get out of bed fast enough.

Ok, so my tournament is going great!! 10 members already! If you want to sign up, just go to the link! :http://www.debate.org...

It’s basically what it says! It’s about controversy. You have to come up with a controversial debate, and you must debate the hell out of it. Also, no pseudo-controversial topics, and no topics that are so beaten into the ground that our descendants will be mining them for coal to drop on the flames(wars)!

Ok, so I’m about to head to work. I’m a chef. I basically make peoples food. I’m the inspiration for a “DDO’s The Kitchen” character, and I’m a big aid in coming up with things, because I.. you know, work in a kitchen. I’ve been doing the Oven section of the line lately (the top of the kitchens line.), and I have been getting a hell of alot of practice in these past few days. So many people coming in, I thought I would drown in tickets. But I survived. Took all the advice the boss had given me in the past, and thrived. Not many people say their boss’s advice actually works. Oh, here’s a fun fact, if you go to a kitchen with an 8-top (a table top of 8 people) 15 minutes to close, they will probably accept you in. You will probably die if you eat the food though. That’s not a threat. That’s a promise. Theoretically. Also, screw vegans! Do you know what it’s like getting an order ready for them!?!? EVERYTHING HAS MEAT IN IT! Well, mostly everything. You know what the worst god-damned thing in the kitchen is? Pasta Con Piselli! Best thing? Spaghetti. If you order a spaghetti, you may get it in like 30 seconds. It is seriously nothing more then putting some red sauce into a pan, and heating it up (10 seconds is long enough), while some pasta sits in the water to get all ready (20 seconds at most). Drop the pasta in, toss it, then plate it. Put some hot red sauce on top, and ship it. Pasta Con Piselli is actually tied for worst. I. Hate. Pasta Primavera.

Well, either how, I’m off. Thanks for listening, and as always, Vote Con.

Sources: America.

==Unitomic==

vi_spex

Pro

i dont have a religion, reliable soure is religion, to rely on

life=sensory experience, as im dead without my senses

nature=not machine and supernature

nature is true, life is true, no source required
Unitomic

Con

Counter-Case I: Everything
Pro says he has no source, and therefore his arguments are made invalid. He does actually need a source, because I provided a source. If one opponent gives a sourced responce, you must either counter with a better source, or you must show that the logic is invalid, source and all. Pro says he is dead without his senses. That is not true. A Person who does not have his senses can still be alive. And it doesn't matter if taking senses out does show death, because even if all people were dead, nature itself (which includes land and matter in general) would still exist.
Pro says that Nature= Not Machine or Supernatural. I can't respond for supernatural, but the rest I can assure gives no support for his resolution. He ends by nature is true, life is true, no sources needed. "Nature is True, Life is True" does not do anything to affirm his resolution. And yes, Pro needs sources.

Closing Case: So I went to my bosses other restuarant (yes, he owns two). See, I needed to ask a question. My old schedule says I work wednesday and am off thursday. There was discussion between me and him on switchng those days. So I needed to know whether I was off today or not. Alas he wasn't there. But the workers were, including my main ex-coworker man, Ramone! We had a discussion about things such as work and things. We talked about how the First place is so much harder. See, the first place is a standard make-the-food-as-it-comes workplace. This new place, all the food (grillhouse) is made for the next day. So they can relaxingly prepare food, while orders are fulfilled by basically putting food in a box for people (obviously in an OSHA certified, good way). SO MUCH EASIER!! But of course prepping the meat before hand can get annoying. You have to sit in a cold freezer for hours prepping several tons (literally) of meat, then season them (harder then it looks, since you have to ensure a very precise ammount of the right seasoning are carefully spread over the entire thing. Too much salt on one part can make that part taste bad). It doesn't sound hard, except for the part where you are sitting in a cold freezer for hours, doing all this with literally tons of ice-cold meat. But still, not as hard as my job. We also spoke about how awesome the new worker (who I got hired on there) was. She was a hard worker, and was quickly trusted to get things done. She was also someone I used to work with at an older job. Shift Lead and what not. She actually left just minutes before I arrived.
After leaving, I immediately an into another friend, Mike. And I mean IMMEDIATELY!! I didn't even have my second food outside when he walked by. We spoke for awhile about how lives had gone since we last saw each other. He was walking his dog, and so spent quite some time discussing how he had gotten the dog and everything.

OH! Did anyone watch the latest episode or two of Once Upon a Time? Is so, then continue reading. If not, go to the next paragraph. OMG They showed the Sorcerer (ish)!!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait till we see who he truly is! Or how he is involved with the Dark Ones Curse! I hope they don't ruin it! Also, Rumples talk with Belle? I swooned! Luckily though Will (don't like him) won't be with her for long. If you watched Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, you'll know why.

Ok, so that aside. I need to rush to find the boss so I can make sure about today.

As Always, Vote Con

Sources: Ameri-motherfvc-ca!
vi_spex

Pro

i have no religion, religion is false

i know my experience of now

without nature life cant exist, nature is life, i cant exist without nature

i need to prove to you that life is true? do i need to prove to you that you read these words?

is nature false?
Unitomic

Con

God, what it must be like in his head. Honestly if mind reading were possible, reading his would be illegal. They would probably legalize weed first.

Firstly, Pro can't prove religion is false. Thus that means nothing. Also Pro never offered any real impact from that statement. Next his says he can't exist without nature. That doesn't matter. Because the resolution seems to imply that nature requires life, not the other way around.

Also, lets look at that whole "without nature life can't exist, nature is life". A leads to B, therefore A is B without rational logic. The Sun allows for Plants. Thus the Sun is a Plant. I wonder if it tastes good.

Pro believes he can somehow twist (to put it lightly) some part of my statements against me. I didn't say he must prove life exists. I said he must prove his definition is right. But the voters can easily see that Pro has performed a strawman

And Pro ends with a question that means literally nothing to the course of this discussion. Presumably it's a strawman as well.

Hey, has anyone else thought that Vi Spex is a mutated Spam Bot? It would explain the discussions he has.

Anyhow, things happened, a fellow coworker took some food out, and didn't check it, and shipped it. Well.. to get to the point.. The Boss's Wife got a semi raw Lemon Basil Tilapia. I took the fall. Son of a b*tch. Yeah he was pissed. Well after a short discussion, I've opted to accept a job offer elsewhere, and put in my two weeks at my place. I can do my job d@mn well, I don't need someone treating me like cr@p. Well I'ma head off.

As Always, vote Con

Sources: America Fvck Yeah!
vi_spex

Pro

lol.. religion is false.. proves itself

at best 1 can be true, and many exist, hinetedi hint hint

life requires nature, life is nature, nature is life

plants cant exist without a sun?

also sun and plants are nature.. and clearly i am right.. just give it up

hint, judgement reveals defeat

and you have been defated in all lengts sir, you havnt even been con yet :)

a tip, maybe you guys should learn what the con position is, just saying
Unitomic

Con

I'll sum up his arguments.

1: Claims that his arguments don't need proven.
2: Something that grammatically doesn't line up.
3: And probably some more Non Sequiters.
4: And lastly nothing that affirms the resolution.

Ultimately Pro never affirmed his resolution. I however have shown that nature does still exist with life.

Judgement means Victory.

Vote Con

==Unitomic==
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
btw science is founded on philosophy.. cant exist without it
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
philosybin+human=philosophy
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i just looked at my dog, is that a fact?
Posted by pressplay010 1 year ago
pressplay010
I think you meant to say " it is truth..."

Do you own an English dictionary? please don't be insulted but I'm guessing English isn't your first language.

If you look up science & philosophy in your dictionary you should see something like this:

Science:
noun
1. a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws:
the mathematical sciences.

Philosophy
noun, plural philosophies.
1. the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.

You see the intrinsic difference is that philosophy deals mostly with thought (principles of being, knowledge and conduct.)

Whereas Science is dealing with facts.

A debate about if life is perception and therefore truth is actually one that has been going on for centuries the oldest version being the allegory of the cave suggested by plato .
It is philosophy and belongs in that category.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
it is true, not philosophy, and not religion, science
Posted by pressplay010 1 year ago
pressplay010
This debate is of no value to the debate.org community as it lacks any sort of form and or specifics. I am displeased that Vi_spex posted this in the "science" category when it is clearly philosophy if any category at all.
Vote Placed by Chaosism 1 year ago
Chaosism
vi_spexUnitomicTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had a few minor ad hominem remarks: Conduct to Pro. Pro's arguments didn't follow proper grammatical structure: S/G to Con. Pro never clearly defined his argument in terms that anyone other than himself could fully understand; his word usage was never clarified. Con used the only sources.