udaxxi6969
lov_turtles

life makes more sense if we believe curses are real

udaxxi6969 has forfeited round #2.

udaxxi6969

Con

believing in curses can lead to major paranoia in one's life. if every person believes and accepts superstitions and curses, then they shall be in constant fear of something bad happening to them. For example when a person's path is crossed by a black cat or a person is standing under a ladder, they shall have the fear of something bad happening to them and therefore will be unable to live their lives to the fullest.
lov_turtles

Pro

My opponent mentioned fair points concerning why a person should not believe in curses. However, I believe the example of a black cat and walking under a ladder go further to demonstrate a curse consists of luck. That is how I will ultimately view this topic.
When looking at whether or not a person should or shouldn't live in fear of a cat and ladder I would agree that it appears ludicrous, but this is also important to a person's life because this makes them more aware of surroundings. Therefore, by being superstitious and increasing awareness a person tends to stay safer. This also does not necessarily make a person fearful or less adventurous but rather cautious. Having fear is not bad either. Think of it like this, if a person is gambling and starts a losing streak, they believe they are running out of luck and may withdraw. By withdrawing from gambling you protect money that could be used to be invested rather than taking the risk of being one in a million of "hitting it big".
Posted by canis 6 months ago
canis
I do not know what a curse is..in real life..?
Posted by missmedic 6 months ago
missmedic
It's bad luck to believe in superstitions.
Posted by onlytwin 6 months ago
onlytwin
This is false and I agree with the original poster. Reality can be measured and quantified according to our technological limitations. Because we can measure reality, we understand that things such as curses do not seem to exist. Believing they do despite a lack of evidence is objectively making less sense of reality than if you did not believe in them.