lions are better than cheetas

cheetahs are faster and sleeker than lions. they are also better adapt to keep out the sun

Yes I do believe that cheetahs are quite faster than lions but know this!

Lions are bloody majestic.

Of course, that statement seems a bit of a baseless one, here are my opinions.:

- A lion's roar is just one hell of a terrifying and menacing sound, It's loud, deep and well....petrifying. Of course, a cheetah's roar does sound pretty damn scary as well, but they sound so much like a cat that has a soar throat. It's a NO for me. Also, the roar of a lion can be heard from 8 kilometers (5.0 miles) away, that's just amazing.

- I'll try to counteract your statement that cheetahs are very adaptive to the scorching habitat that they mostly live in.....The open plains of Africa, I believe? It seems like you're saying only cheetahs have that ability. Africa is also the habitat where most lions roam around in, and they seem to be doing real fine, I believe cheetahs and lions, their adaptive nature are quite similar to each other.

- Lions are quite fast though, can reach up to 50 kmph, of course, their stamina and speed aren't really as good as a cheetah but yes, still better than nothing right? It's good enough, every other factor really made up for it.

That's the end of it for now, will try to bring out more stuff later on, if you're up for it. :))

Cheetahs are the fastest animals on earth, that's one fact that most people know. but did you know that there is more to the cheetahs than speed? . For one, they hunt during the day, so they avoid direct competition from leopards and lions. that proves that there smart.

second lions aren't really as scary as you think :They may scare the life out of everybody when they're awake, but that actually isn't very often. Lions love nothing more than a snooze, sleeping up to 20 hours a day. you snooze you lose!

third and lastly cheetahs have special marking that other big cats don't: The black tear marks below their eyes that keeps the bright sun light from blinding them while they hunt. this allows them to hunt in the searing sun wile lions sleep

I do admit you have got the upper hand here. BUT, I will try to counteract your statements again.

About the fact that you said lions sleep an average of 20 hours a day. I looked into that fact and I found that only some parts of it are true. mostly male lions sleep an average of 20 hours a day. On the other hand, female lions mostly do all the hunting and such, they hunt in packs, using various strategies to catch preys, ambush them to substitute their not-so-significant speed. In my opinion, that seems to be more interesting than having to run at the prey until you catch it.

Despite the fact that lions regularly laze themselves out for around 16-20 hours a day because well, there's a reason behind it. Lions have very few SWEAT GLANDS, so in order to not exhaust themselves out, they usually rest for quite a long period of time in order to conserve their energy, they'll then become more active at night, becoming a more of a threat accompanying with their amazing NIGHT VISION, that's another reason why lions tend to rest during the day because their eyes are well....6 times more SENSITIVE to light than humans.

Cheetahs don't have night visions, their tear lines help them hunt more efficiently during the day but there's a pain in that, during the day, they would become more visible to other animals. Of course their speed would surely help them catch up to their preys but still.

Lions, they represent and symbolize many great traits....such as: STRENGTH, COURAGE, ROYALTY, STATELINESS, etc... according to a large portion of the Earth's population. they have been celebrated throughout history for that. There's a reason why they're considered "King of the jungle". Of course these aren't exactly 100% scientific facts but they're just as majestic as that.

"For one, they hunt during the day, so they avoid direct competition from leopards and lions. that proves that there smart." This statement of yours here, I would like to say, there's nothing smart in that, it's simply their nature. A follow-up to my counteraction above, cheetahs have TERRIBLE night visions. It's not like they're able to decide whether they would hunt at night or during the day. They simply are unable to do anything during nigh time.

One more thing, most of the time, I would support INDEPENDENCE. But for some reason, I find the....organisation and....well, how do I put this....ranking in prides of lions (lion packs) VERY VERY fascinating. Their roar is a very major factor in communicating and naming their position in their pride. Lions also have very greatly developed communication behaviours and expressive movements....probably even greater than cheetahs'.

Also, male lions' mane. A very distinctive characteristic because well, no other wild cats have them. Of course, cheetahs have their black spots and tear lines, tigers have their beautiful stripes, leopards also with their....spots. But I believe that NONE OF THEM are as great as the mane of male lions. There's such a power behind their manes.

That's all for now. your turn buddy! :)

izzy_for_enviromet forfeited this round.

ElvisDao forfeited this round.
Posted by whiteflame 7 months ago
>Reported vote: Everything// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: .

[*Reason for removal*] Both sides forfeited, so the voter is still required to assess the points given.