vi_spex
42lifeuniverseverything

listen to satan, or he will be your king

42lifeuniverseverything

vi_spex

Pro

you reject a snakes warnings, and think water beats medical treatment as a cure for the burning sensation in your arm, and this is how satan satan rules your path
42lifeuniverseverything

Con

If you call poison control, and let them fix the problem, then you will watch them put medical treatment into your arm and heal you. Also, if Satan convinces everyone to heal his snake bites with water, then wouldn't Satan be lying. Also isn't it in Satan's nature to lie, so if you ever did hear Satan you wouldn't believe what he said?

That opening statement was attempting to imitate my opponents way of presenting arguments. Do not take it seriously please. Take what follows from this point on seriously.

I appreciate my opponent being willing to shed light on our universe through one debate at a time. Now let's begin.

1. Logical Issue.

You are proposing there are only two options if Satan the snake bites you. Either you treat yourself with water, or treat yourself with medical treatment. You are also assuming that Satan is convincing you to take the water. But what if you are missing a third option. Satan bites you then assumes you for dead and walks away? What then?

2. If you listen to Satan.

You claim that when you do listen, Satan rules you. So what happens when you choose Con and don't listen? Satan rules you.

You created another one of these dilemmas vi_spex, and I am simply going to let voters know, this is a lose-lose situation currently. Because I am the only person to recognize it as such, I should automatically win.

Why is Satan ruling you a loss? Because slavery is wrong, and Satan is a slave master.

3. Finally, if Satan exists then God exists.

If you assume Satan's existence, then logically you are assuming God's existence as well. Therefore if God exists, then there is a source of good power that can kill Satan and free you if you don't listen to Satan. So by the force of Deus Ex Machina, I automatically win this debate.

*mic drop*

- 42
vi_spex

Pro

snakes dont speak human language

it is written in the bible that satan is a lier

the rest on out is highly illogical and can not be made sense of..
42lifeuniverseverything

Con

"snakes dont speak human language"

We could debate this some other time, but the Bible does not in the original Hebrew imply that Satan was a small snake. Instead it calls Satan a serpent, which could be interpreted to mean a dragon, which are believed to have been able to speak. So really you are just saying random things without thinking about it too hard.

"it is written in the bible that satan is a lier"

*sigh* that is exactly what I said vi_spex. READ MY ARGUMENT. I said that since Satan is a natural liar, anyone who actually met Satan WOULD NOT BELIEVE HIM. That was my point.

"the rest on out is highly illogical and can not be made sense of.."

How is it illogical? Also you are highly illogical. In several ways. Your past arguments excluded. You cannot just rebuttal with that I am illogical. If anything I introduced several logical concepts, and logical flaws you made. Those points needed answering.

Look the topic is interesting. But it does not need 8,000 characters to cover it. It does not need 3 rounds. And it most certainly does not need a 7 point system on Elo.

I would ask that in light of current arguments, and the fact that Pro has left us with a current lose-lose dilemma, that all voters would vote Con.

Also Pro has not sufficiently upheld their BOP, because Pro's arguments are shots in the dark, that are not connecting with the main idea in a substanial way. Or even an impactful way.

With that, I suffer another round of trying to reform vi_spex for the better. *sigh* It's a losing battle.

Posted by 42lifeuniverseverything 8 months ago
42lifeuniverseverything
Forget it.

Shadow god.

That is my new name for you.
Posted by vi_spex 8 months ago
vi_spex
to explain my position metaphorically.
Posted by vi_spex 8 months ago
vi_spex
atheism opposes theism, i am a god of the shadows
42lifeuniverseverything
Atheism hates you....

Unicorns love you illogically....

Thus another talk show with vi_spex concludes.
Posted by vi_spex 8 months ago
vi_spex
religion.. when voters think i am wrong
Posted by vi_spex 8 months ago
vi_spex
thats the spirit :)

i know i am the best, no doubt involved he he he
42lifeuniverseverything
vi_spex, this means war. Do I make myself clear?

From now on, I will debate you, and crush you until you give in and submit. I am a better debater, and don't you ever doubt it.

42
Posted by vi_spex 8 months ago
vi_spex
you managed to piss me off with your noobing.. well done, this is the highest level of opposition i encounter
42lifeuniverseverything
*it does not need 2 rounds. Excuse my typo.
Posted by vi_spex 8 months ago
vi_spex
or this is an example of how satan rules your path*
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 8 months ago
ThinkBig
vi_spex42lifeuniverseverythingTied
Reasons for voting decision: Grammar: Pro's statements are incoherent, makes no sense, and does not follow. Arguments: The resolution is "Listen to Satan, or he will be your king." This makes absolutely no sense and is rather undebatable; however, con argues very well and is able to refute Pro's baseless assertions.
Vote Placed by parkerwil 8 months ago
parkerwil
vi_spex42lifeuniverseverythingTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro makes statements without backing them up. Con, makes statements and proves their validity. Con, proved all Pro's statements void. Conduct same, no sources given.
Vote Placed by H501 8 months ago
H501
vi_spex42lifeuniverseverythingTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins grammar because of Pro's refusal to capitalize, and conduct for the same reason (Not taking the time to press "shift" is rude, and shows that you don't care about the debate.) Con also wins convincing argument, because I have no idea what Pro was trying to say. Since there were no possible sources to use, they tie there.
Vote Placed by adilmuhammad 8 months ago
adilmuhammad
vi_spex42lifeuniverseverythingTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct was same, nobody had bad conduct, so tied. Spelling and grammer same too. As for arguments, CON had much more convincing arguments than PRO. Even though PRO had very short arguments, (not actually arguments), CON gave a great rebuttals. PRO even supported CON in a point (Satan is a lier). Nobody used sources, so theyre tied in that. Thank you, Adil Muhammad, Qatar