jarret
PatriotPerson

lochness monster-fact or myth?

PatriotPerson

jarret

Pro

I believe that the lochness monster or "Nessie" does exist.
PatriotPerson

Con

I believe that Nessie is a fake. Let's debate!
jarret

Pro

I Believe that Nessie is real because of the technology. They have underwater cameras, sonar, radar, and lots others. So Nessie can't hide Hide forever, can he? Next is the amount Of sightings. There are at least 100 sightings in total, with the latest sighting in 2011
PatriotPerson

Con

Technology doesn't prove anything. Yes, we have all that stuff, but if we actually had the high hopes and beliefs of Nessie being real, we would busting our butts in Scottland (whatever country) to find that thing. And as much as I know, we aren't. Sightings? Haha. That's mostly just mumbo-jumbo. People can say or edit anything they want with technology. And if they even did see something, it was probably just some normal sea creature such as a tortous or a dolphin and made themselves believe they saw a sea monster. The last time Nessie was reported was in 2011. And that was practically two years ago. Plus, the first "sighting" of Nessie was in 1933. Wouldn't that thing be dead by now? And anyways, Nessie "is" a dinosaur. We all know that dinosaurs died out a really long time ago.
jarret

Pro

thanks.
I still believe that Nessie is real because it may not be a dinosaur. if it was, then just call it a "plesiosaur" or a "liopleurodon". compare to big foot, or the yeti. How long have they been around? probably a thousand years. they're not dinosaurs. they are monsters. and back to "it should be dead by now." maybe just before they die, they lay an egg .that way the "legend" never really dies.
PatriotPerson

Con

Um...a plesiosaur is a dinosaur... -_-. And Bigfoot/yetis aren't even real. Monsters aren't real, either. Monsters were stories created by parents a long long time ago to stop their children from doing naughty things, because they were scared of doing them because the monsters would "kill" or "eat" them. Do you know that is how Slenderman started? If you still think monsters are real, you need to get a grip on reality because frankly, they aren't. And trust me, I used to be obsessed with cryptozoology and all this monster business. Why should they lay an egg when they die? That's not even possible. They need to um...mate...to produce an egg. Eggs don't just randomly pop out of animals. And last time I checked there was only one Nessie, therefore it couldn't/can't even mate.
jarret

Pro

some animals are asexual-they can produce young by themselves. and that offspring is genetically identical.so there is truth behind that. also, a plesiosaur IS a dinosaur. that's what I said. Nobody really knows if monsters are real. there is no rock-solid proof that they aren't, but there is no rock-solid proof that they are. so really, it could slide either way.
PatriotPerson

Con

The definition of asexual, according to the free dictionary: 1. having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless. 2. Relating to, produced by, or involving reproduction that occurs without the union of male and female gametes, as in binary fission or budding. 3. Lacking interest or desire for sex.

Now, definition number two goes exactly with what you said, I'll give you that. But, I'm here to debate why Nessie isn't real, not about...erm...baby making--so stop talking about that. And even if Nessie did just make eggs like that, wouldn't we be seeing more than one Nessie in the Loch Ness? How about anywhere else in the world? There's only been sightings of one Nessie--and it's in Scottland.
jarret

Pro

There could'nt be a second nessie because the old one could perish soon after. Maybe they are'nt monsters OR dinosaurs. Maybe they're something else.
PatriotPerson

Con

No offense, but that was the most pointless rebuttal I've ever seen.

V
VO
VOT
VOTE
VOT
VO
V

F
FO
FOR
FO
F

C
CO
CON
CON!
CON!!
CON!!!
CON!!
CON!
CON
CO
C
Posted by PatriotPerson 4 years ago
PatriotPerson
@A.WitherspoonVI, I completely agree, actually.
Vote Placed by TheDarkMuffin 4 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
jarretPatriotPersonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides weren't very strong, but I believe Con loses Conduct points for calling Pro's rebuttal the worst he had ever seen without actually making any constructed argument.
Vote Placed by A.WitherspoonVI 4 years ago
A.WitherspoonVI
jarretPatriotPersonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Your arguments were bad, this debate was bad, you should feel bad.