vi_spex
zeromeansnothing

logic has no flaws

vi_spex

Pro

if you have a bear skin, you have a dead bear, and if you have a bear skin, i know it comes from a bear.. cause and effect
zeromeansnothing

Con

logic

1. reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity

Con states .......'if you have a bear skin, you have a dead bear, and if you have a bear skin, i know it comes from a bear.. cause and effect'

I believe that the 'building block' approach of human logic is basically an irrelevancy. The world refuses to comply with its restraints and its limitations. If you have a bear skin the bear no longer exists as an entity. Logically my toe would be me if that were true. We talk £$%&* when we attempt to hear ourselves speak. It is a monologue. A hunch has as much validity if it is based on clear sensory input. I believe in cause and effect but what that has to do with logic is there for you to illustrate. Give us an example of useful logic.

I eat chicken and I know what a chicken is. What is your point? What is the cause and what is the effect? What about all the worms the chicken ate? Logic has one obvious flaw, and that is that it is as useful as a pointy stick in a desert. What do you do with it?

Hi vi-spex!
vi_spex

Pro

cant have a bear skin without a bear.. cause and effect

you pick up a chicken and eat it, you have tasted it before so you know what you be eating
zeromeansnothing

Con

Kant:
  • analytic proposition: a proposition whose predicate concept is contained in its subject concept

ie bear skin = dead bear

----------------------------------------------

What if we are able to grow bear skin artificially in the future. What then? Is there a best before on your 'bear' logic?

Lab-Grown Synthetic Skins Could Replace Animals in Cosmetics Testing
by Kestrel Jenkins

http://www.ecouterre.com...;

Is a skinless bear an actual bear, Is my severed toe-nail me? Who am I? What are you saying about the bear? What are you saying about logic. Is the following logical

'logic has no flaws'

Are all bachelors unhappy? Logic is fallacious beyond comprehension. Do you agree, vi-spex?

vi_spex

Pro

artificial bear skin is artificial.. bears are natural

a bear is a bear

some bachelors are unhappy.. why change the subject
zeromeansnothing

Con

vi-spex states ' a bear is a bear'

Here you loose the debate, Pro.

You are a believer in human logic as a person would be a believer in religion. I am not.
In this instant, you use language to state nothing, or to reveal nothing. You reveal the obvious and your logic is as illuminating as a pointed finger. You identify something that need not require words. Look at the article on Wik on 'analytic Logic'.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Philosopher Leonard Peikoff, in his essay "The Analytic-Synthetic Dichotomy," expands upon Rand's analysis. He posits that:

The theory of the analytic-synthetic dichotomy presents men with the following choice: If your statement is proved, it says nothing about that which exists; if it is about existents, it cannot be proved. If it is demonstrated by logical argument, it represents a subjective convention; if it asserts a fact, logic cannot establish it. If you validate it by an appeal to the meanings of your concepts, then it is cut off from reality; if you validate it by an appeal to your percepts, then you cannot be certain of it.

You could make your bear observation with a pointed finger, with a children's fairy tale or with a box of crayons. There is as the quote suggests, subjective nuance and appeal lodged within its walls. How many flaws does logic need to have, vi-spex, for you to concede your point?
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
surely you need a timeless escape vs 1 second looping now
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
maybe we should revote after having voted to see who wins.. lolol
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
"undefeatable"
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
i did win..
Posted by zeromeansnothing 6 months ago
zeromeansnothing
Thanks for the debate, I enjoyed it. If you win this thing then 'I am a monkey's uncle'
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
or microphones loud enough to wake up the def
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
well i dont know there are glasses for denial
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
if you have a bear skin, you have a dead bear
Posted by zeromeansnothing 6 months ago
zeromeansnothing
You appear to be drowning here, vi-spex, and your cries are an appeal to an unconcerned audience. What do you mean by a bear skin? I can't hear you.
Posted by vi_spex 6 months ago
vi_spex
i just owned you with it.. given its undefeatable and founds my position as a god over yours :))

if i had an egg there would have to be an egg layer somewhere