vi_spex
CatherineMorland

logic is cause and effect

vi_spex

Pro

i know you cant read these words with your eyes closed, unless you have transparent eye lids or something

there is no logic in fantasy..
CatherineMorland

Con

People often misinterpret the words cause and effect.
Now, that's illogical

As stated in the Nikor Project,

Confusing Cause and Effect is a fallacy that has the following general form:

1.A and B regularly occur together.
2.Therefore A is the cause of B.

This fallacy requires that there is not, in fact, a common cause that actually causes both A and B.

Now onto your actual question, I strongly believe that not all logic is related to cause and effect. There is a strong difference between logic and common sense, people often think that every day actions require logic. However, when I'm crossing the road I am not think of why I'm crossing the road (cause) or what is going to happen to me when I cross the road... (effect). All, I think is that I need to get to the other side. This shows common sense is not logic. You have not properly defined your terms...
vi_spex

Pro

cause and effect is 1.. like beginning and end

cause=effect.. puncher=punch on my face

intent=specified cause
random=natural cause

sense is logic.. commen sense is non sense
CatherineMorland

Con

I'm quite intrigued by my opponent's lack of structure and inability to write words of substantial meaning.
Due to my opponent's garbled language I shall continue in explaining in MY way why logic is not cause and effect.

Common sense vs. logic as from (http://logicsite.net...)
Logical Thinking means = a way to analyse a problem to come up with an answer sometimes using a formal system similar to mathematics (a process / disciplined method of thinking). Logical thinking, or incorporating logic into your thinking will ultimately help you to reach a conclusion which is as accurate as possible.

Common Sense means = Is a way of taking social understandings and rules, and applying them to a situation, by using common sense, doesn"t necessarily lead us to the truth.

Is my opponent actually trying to argue that a newborn baby has logic? It cries and gets milk as a response. Does this baby think, "Oh man, I'm so bored...hmmm what to do... I know! cause and effect!" the baby then proceeds to cry. If what your saying is true, is my opponent trying to say that creative writing is not creating.
When one writes they do not think of CAUSE and EFFECT but rather follow the common saying, 'Don't think just write" I can see my opponents rebuttals that he or she is firmly following this mantra.
vi_spex

Pro

im saying, there is no chicken without an egg, so the chicken is the egg

egg=chicken+lay
chicken=egg+hatch

reason is the opposite of logic.. a blind man cant reason about whats on a picture im holding up to his face

understanding is logical.. reason is logical or illogical..

reason is the concept of mental simulation of logic

logic is true, truth can only be in the past

a baby can grab your finger..

commen sense is non sense.. there is hardly need to raise my shield when i get attacked with a plastic spoon
CatherineMorland

Con

CatherineMorland forfeited this round.
vi_spex

Pro

concept or* mental simulation

yea
CatherineMorland

Con

May I remind you fellow opponent
with your rather deep example of a chicken and egg cycle, therefore that is cause and effect you are wrong.
A circle has no beginning nor end.
How can a circle demonstrate cause and effect?

I maintain my stance having used a wide variety of reputable sources
see here for another:
http://www.differencebetween.net...
vi_spex

Pro

surely there is no egg without an egg layer and no egg layer without an egg

cause and effect has no beginning or end.. or a first cause is impossible, thats like getting punched from a non existent puncher
CatherineMorland

Con

Common sense vs. logic as from (http://logicsite.net......)

Is my opponent actually trying to argue that a chick and egg cycle is cause and effect as well as a person being punched? Yes, the person who is puching the other individual is thinking, "Yahoo, I'm going to punch this due (cause) and make him fly to Venus (effect)" no, he/she simply punching out of strong emotion.
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
which terms do you need clarified?
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
opposition is contrast, without contrast you telling me flavorfull is tasteless
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
your position as a con is that you do see through your closed eyes, unless you have transparent eye lids
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
ow the candy pop.. well i might cook one later
Posted by LuckyScientist 5 months ago
LuckyScientist
You have not made a clear motion. Nor have you clarified it in round 1. Please elaborate on your motion.
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
what
Posted by LuckyScientist 5 months ago
LuckyScientist
Clarify your resolution