vi_spex
Accelerator

love=joy+hate

vi_spex

Pro

joy=touch, taste, see... having sex is an intense experience of joy
hate=returning at energy
Accelerator

Con

I am will be on the refuting side of this topic and arguing that Love does not equal joy plus hate as my opponent has put forth.
Even though we are dealing with an abstract concept the premise of your argument is wrong. Love does not equal joy plus hate, according to your definitions. You misconstrue joy with pleasure when you say "joy=touch, taste, see... having sex is an intense experience of joy," . There is a difference between the two is that Joy as defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary: a feeling of great happiness, a source or cause of great happiness : something or someone that gives joy to someone, success in doing, finding, or getting something, has almost nothing to do with the physical sense but mental and emotional sense. However Pleasure is defined as: a feeling of happiness, enjoyment, or satisfaction : a pleasant or pleasing feeling, activity that is done for enjoyment, something or someone that causes a feeling of happiness, enjoyment, or satisfaction, this definition has to do with achieving a happy state by a physical stimulant, your definition of joy is really the definition of Pleasure. You are making love to sound as if it were a physical task, that having sex in a relationship will make it last. However if that was true then one-night stands would work, High school flings would be true love, and people searching for love would only have to get into someone's pants for them to love them. Does that work in real life though, the answer is no. therefore you statement, love=joy+hate, is actually Self-desire=Pleasure+hate.
vi_spex

Pro

joy is the opposite of pain, there are just 2 true emotions

how do you feel happy about having sex as a man with no dick?

it takes positive emotion+hate for there to be love

love is unknown, know is true
Accelerator

Con

Not a single word in that incoherent ramble did you refute nor put forth anything worth of value. Everyone reading this I am sorry, you came here in attempt to find an interesting debate but got this.
Now then how about we start debating instead of making fun of each others dick sizes, it is quite low of someone to make fun of such thing. However I guess for someone who can't even get the definition of joy right I can't really expect much. Here is a question what is the definition of this "positive emotion," and "Hate," that makes love so lovely. Also pain is not always the opposite of joy an example would be a masochist, they relish in pain and get joy from it, why don't you explain that (without making fun). Also the next time you dare to insult me I will have no mercy with my choice of words!

http://www.merriam-webster.com...
vi_spex

Pro

drinking to much soda is love for soda

joy is positive emotion

you are insulting me.. idiot
Accelerator

Con

Not a single answer to my question but anyway. Drinking too much soda is gluttony not joy although some people do misconstrue it as joy.
vi_spex

Pro

why not drink water

i dont see a question
Accelerator

Con

I drink water so I won't die. The question I asked which I said "here is a question," in round two, is this what is the definition of this "positive emotion," and "Hate," that makes love so lovely? The definition that you said make the components of love.
Accelerator

Con

I don't even know how to respond.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
sure i dont hate the bright light i fly into thats about to fry me, but i hate you for trying to stop me with a story about it being dangerous

the more i love 1 girl is the more i hate the rest
Posted by NikolaGustav 1 year ago
NikolaGustav
You can love someone/something without hating it.
Posted by Accelerator 1 year ago
Accelerator
Are you being serious right now? Because I can't tell.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
you demonstrate that you can assert i lack understand, by lack of understanding
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
vi_spex demonstrates a lack of understanding of the term hate. so he looses as a debater, however

You do not actually love something if you do not something contrary. you only have regard for it.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
hate is disbelief, like when you are the only guy driving diesel because its better for the environment even thou to most, its more fun with regular fuel..
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
May you elaborate on your definition of "hate" please?