staraa
Lee001

love marrige is good than parents happiness

Lee001

staraa

Con

Today in this worl where everyone rushes for hus or her love parents are left behind nd theur happiness is not a factor fir children . I am completely against this topic
Lee001

Pro

Thank you Con for starting this debate! I look forward to a enticing and challenging debate! :D

I will use this round for acceptance, and definitions.

*Love-an intense feeling of deep affection.

*Marriage-the legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same sex) as partners in a relationship.

*Good-to be desired or approved of.

*Parents-
a father or mother

*Happiness-is a mental or emotional state of well-being defined by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.

All definitions from Google definitions.

I await my opponents argument!
staraa

Con

Yes well said by you . The definition of love is all complete but when you associate this love wid marrige it becomes some what different. Parents who give birth to you , look after you day and night and what they receive a betray!!. Is that for this day they give birth to us. A big NO. Its just a simple thing for a boy or girl to fall in love and get married but for parents itz rather a big deal for their reputation . The society kills them by their crticisim. I dnt understand how a child can forget a love of 20 years in front of 20 days so silly thing.
Parents are left behind to cry for the rest of life over such a child really ridiculous thing.
Friends its time to think over this issue as tommorow when you are going to become parents than what if you are unhappy and your children get maaried.
Its quite easy to talk about this issue but in reality its a very complex issue.
Lee001

Pro

Thank you Con for your argument. From Con's argument we know that Con is implying that:

A) Con thinks you should'nt love someone in a romantic way.

B) Loving someone romantically means you have betrayed your parents.

C) You should only love your parents.

First off, Con says "The definition of love is all complete but when you associate this love wid marrige it becomes some what different" As provided by the definition, love is a feeling of deep affection for someone. There are no restrictions on love or boundried. Nobody made arule that you should only love your parents. This is your opinion, not a fact.

Con then says "Parents who give birth to you , look after you day and night and what they receive a betray!!." How is becoming an adult and getting married to someone you love a act of betryal? I mean, your parents had to have sex and love eachother to make a baby, even you. No love=no sex= no kids.

Then Con says "I dnt understand how a child can forget a love of 20 years in front of 20 days so silly thing" Again, this is based on opinion. Its not a fact that a child forgets their parents. So, are you telling me, you're going to be living with your parents until you die? You don't want to get married, nor have any kids because you think loving somebody beside your parents is a betrayal and sin?

Con states "Parents are left behind to cry for the rest of life over such a child really ridiculous thing." Many parents want their children to grow up, get married and have children so that the parents may be grandparents. Many parents are happy for their children.

Honestly, if i ever have kids, I want them to grow up, and get married and have children. I'd be compleatly happy with that. How is that bad?
staraa

Con

I am sorry to say but pro has totally misinterpreted the message . I think you have not gine through the topic .
Let me tell you that love maarige against the will of parents happiness is the topic.
1-you should love in a romantic way but the point is that if you doing this before marriage and against the will of your parents than it is wrong..
2-as my well known opponent said they live lily as grandparents. I agree this but this point Is quite misleading with main topic. Parents will become will become happy only when this marriage would be with their wish.
I am sorry to say but all the arguements you posted were of a maariage in which both families are happy which should be.
Only point I want to raise is simply that we should have marriage with one whom iur parents also accepts with happiness and not that in which only we are happy.
So my friend I think now the topic is more clear to you. Waiting for your arguement
Lee001

Pro

I did not misinterpret your topic. You clearly state "love marriage is good than parents happiness" with you being Con. This means, your implying that the parents happiness is more important than you as an individual being happy romantically.

I'm having a tough time understanding your argument here due to grammar errors, but I'll do my best here.

Con says "you should love in a romantic way but the point is that if you doing this before marriage and against the will of your parents than it is wrong.."

How is loving someone against your parents will? You can't control who you love. You can't control your emotions. Again, like I said before, love has no limits nor boundaries. You shouldn't sacrifice your happiness and future for your parents own rules/ boundaries and so on.

Posted by Theunkown 1 year ago
Theunkown
*loving another person, not living
Posted by Theunkown 1 year ago
Theunkown
I don't understand why living another person insults the parents of the lovers
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
Sorry to break it to you, but when you become a parent your kids eventually growing wings and flying off on their own is part of the deal. Everyone has to grow up and become independent sometime, and if you think about it when your kids grow up and become their own people and fall in love that's when you know you did a good job as a parent.
Posted by staraa 1 year ago
staraa
It does not makes any sense from where I belong the point is that I have seen many cases in front of my eye where parents are left for a insult by the society just because their children had an affair. N many places they are boycotted. Are we children so much selfish that we gave our parents such a pain. If yes than shame on you guys. A person who cant sacrifice his love for their parents who gave them birth than how could you believe him or her as a good husband or a wife????????
Posted by staraa 1 year ago
staraa
Posted by Theunkown 1 year ago
Theunkown
Con, I don't mean to insult you but your views on love and marriage are very old fashion (archaic) and has no reason-based grounds.

I understand you are brought up in a social conservative society (Rajasthan) but don't blindly follow what your parents say what is right and wrong, and use the logic and reasoning that makes us human to determine it.
Posted by Lee001 1 year ago
Lee001
Sorry, my last paragraph got cut out of R3 :/
Vote Placed by Theunkown 1 year ago
Theunkown
staraaLee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Absolutely terrible spelling by Con. While the title of the debate has no spelling error, the grammar is atrocious. I understand that not everyone has English as their first language (myself included) but come on. More importantly, Con's arguments are also very unconvincing (even if I ignore the incoherency) whilst Pro makes successful refutations. Con argues that romantically loving another person is a betrayal against your parents + harms their 'reputation', he also says that love before marriage and before parental consent is 'wrong' with no insight as to why it is so. Con's arguments and basis of right and wrong (as presented in this debate anyway) has no rational grounds but rather only cultural ones. Even if culture was to be considered over reason, not all cultures have the same view. Thus arguments to Pro. Neither side really used sources except for definitions and both debaters had proper conduct.