smallaaro
Tvirus

m games and kids

Started: 4/24/2014 Category: Games

smallaaro

Pro

kids should be aloud to play m games it is the parents falt for getting them the game so it is pretty lame
Tvirus

Con

I accept your challenge and I hope the best from my opponent but don't get mistaken I will crush you so good luck my opponent here are my top reasons
1. De-sensitizes killing. The thought of my little boys picking up a gun to shoot someone is not only disgusting, it teaches them to disrespect life. What if that could carry over to their own life?

2. Mean to women. I already live in a house with a manly husband and three little boys, so I have enough testosterone to deal with on a daily basis. Many of these ultra-violent games foster violence toward women -- something I definitely don't want them to carry over to how they may treat me -- or your daughters, who may someday be their future girlfriends.

3. Inappropriate sexual content. For the same reason we don't let our youngsters watch a rated-R movie, many of the latest violent games have sexual content and nudity. I don't know about you, but I don't want my boys to learn about the birds and the bees through a game.

4. Explicit language. I knew my son was guilty of playing a violent game when one day he said, "Oh, sh@#!" I asked him where he learned that word, and he said, "I played Call of Duty." Enough said.

5. Bad conflict resolution skills. Violent video games show kids how to express themselves physically, through violence. It's already way easier for a child to push another child when they're angry than to express their emotions and resolve a conflict through words. My boys have their fair share of quarrels, but I don't want them to learn they should resolve conflict through violence.

6. Measures success through killing. What kind of message does it send to our kids when they get rewarded with points by killing people? I love to hear my kids say, "I did it!" when they are playing a game -- I just want my kids to derive that feeling of success through positive, challenging achievements, not the accompishment of killing someone else.

Why It's Particularly Bad for Young Brains

Little kids have a hard time distinguishing the line between the real-world and the gaming world, as young minds are still forming what is real and what is make-believe. To kids, these virtual experiences feel very real, not only because the graphics today are so amazing, but because they are taking on a first-person role in the killing process. Rather than just watching a rated-R violent movie, when kids play a game, they are one of the main characters inside the adventure. The entire experience becomes a more meaningful -- and deadly -- in their brains, which are forming new connections everyday.

How to Limit Exposure

You know your own kids and how sensitive they are to material, so ultimately you're the best gauge for your own kids. When you buy games, pay attention to the ESRB ratings and look for the rating of "E" for everyone. But it's not that easy when big cousins they look up to (or even their daddy) likes to play these games. I told my kids to blame their mother: "When you're in a situation where someone is turning on an M for Mature game, tell them that it's not ok for you to play or watch them play that game. If they have a problem with that, tell them to go talk to me."
smallaaro

Pro

kids should be aloud to play m games it is the parents falt for getting them the game so it is pretty lame. i see what you are saying but i understand if a kid is yunger then 4th grade no they should not play m games i under stand your cunsern
Tvirus

Con

Thank up I for your kind comment I see we agree on something's but most parents buy the m rated game because they don't give a crap
smallaaro

Pro

I agree they don't care tell they see what it is truly like for say have you heard about a game called unreel tournament u can blow people into bits
Tvirus

Con

I appears we agree but why should kids be shoes more violence . There's already too much violence I know that violence affects children cause it happens to me . I have goals hat if anyone gets in my way I will destroy them I have goals that no normal person will think
smallaaro

Pro

um well i see your point i know that playing call of duty or some sort of game helps me get calm because ther is "someone" to take my anger out on. of topic but why is your name tvirus
Tvirus

Con

Oh I really love resident evil I'm a bit of a zombie fan I love zombie if they were real ill smash there brains out and burn them to hell if there was a hell see there I go again being violent see what violent games did to me , and ima a smart person who rads millions of words a day and loves to learn .
smallaaro

Pro

i see your point and u win no doubt my side did not have good enough info hope we can do this again some time
Tvirus

Con

Sure let me send you a friend request
Posted by smallaaro 3 years ago
smallaaro
hey at least it isint the worst basic logic
Posted by BasicLogic 3 years ago
BasicLogic
Second worst debate I have seen
Posted by ThatOneCoolGuy 3 years ago
ThatOneCoolGuy
Well, that was the worst debate I've ever seen.
Posted by Tvirus 3 years ago
Tvirus
No I will maby win Thai debate
Posted by smallaaro 3 years ago
smallaaro
are u done talking on the debate and plese if u want just call me small or aari
Posted by Tvirus 3 years ago
Tvirus
Okay hero go what do you want
Posted by smallaaro 3 years ago
smallaaro
comon t plese
Posted by BasicLogic 3 years ago
BasicLogic
Oh small...