Medea was betrayed by her husband not her children, killing them would not bring her husband back to her even when she was contemplating on killing her children. i feel like she could have taken the children and go away to start a new life.

i know my opponent is supporting her actions but:
1: what is responsibility?

2: she let her emotions take over her actions

3: madea knows exactly what she was doing and killing her innocent children were not
the right choices to make

4: what happen to the term "Karma"

5: Therefore, Because of Medea"s emotions, and the pressure from outside sources getting in the way of her decisions; she is not responsible for her actions.

6: Also Medea states, "-anger is master of my plans". Anger is an emotion that clouds judgment, and makes people think and act irrationally.

7: madea needs to be punished for this act

8: Madea was rude to the king, that's why he sent her to exile

controversial: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

non controversial: 8,

1. infanticide- the crime of killing an infant, especially when they are your child.

2. What goes on in your relationship shouldn't be what pushes you to end your child's life .

3. The author believes anger can be controled of we knew how to control that anger people wouldn't do stupid things .

4. She is reasonable for her own actions. Weather she was married in to the family or not.

5. If she wanted to solve something she could have ran away with her kids.

6. The children you gave too, is it really worth taking your child life over some guy you aren't even related too?

I understand where my opponent is coming from, but its still not right to take the lives of the innocent children.

Now I don't know if my opponent is saying madea is right or wrong.
1: anger can be controlled

2: emotions can cause damage because you revenge

3: madea's reaction to her husband's infidelity was more re personal, she wanted him to suffer.

She could've handled it way better

I never said that it was okay to kill your child .

1. Anger can be controlled but if you don't know how to control it then what should I person do ? We act of anger with out thinking and that what gets us in trouble.

2. Exactly . Madea's emotions is what Caused her to act out of anger and jealously.

I am confused on what my opponent is arguing .

One of the most dangerous thing a person can do is act acoording to jealousy.

1: think before you act not act them think later

2: is it jealousy or anger that made madea take the lives of their own children?

3: there was alot mixed feelings and Revenge is one

4: how come my opponent talked about revenge

5: yes jason was wrong but not all glitter are gold, we as humans have to accept the fact that a fellow human can make us laugh and cry at the same time

Ashley_95 forfeited this round.

Philomena3 forfeited this round.

Ashley_95 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by daem0n 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Pro was the first to forfeit. Arguments: both sides seem to agree Madea did the wrong thing, which is Con's position. (Pro seems to have forfeited out of embarrassment as soon as they figured out they were supporting their opponent's position.)