Younglion5900
johnsterdude

marijuana should be legal

Younglion5900

Younglion5900

Pro

Marijuana should be legal why because it helps a lot of people with health problems, insomnia, and so much more. Marijuana is a lot more safer then alcohol and tobacco product so why is it illegal? Marijuana as we know is curing a lot of diseases an a lot of other problems with the mind and the body
johnsterdude

Con

Marijuana is illegal for a reason you know. It's used to just the side effects not just for the help of certain people nitwit.
Younglion5900

Pro

the fact that your profile says your 16 tells it all you don't know what has be proven an in most states it is legal you nitwit so before you come at me you mite wanna have some pretty good facts because this topic isn't for kids matter of you should even know about weed at you age.
johnsterdude

Con

FYI It's my first argument and I'M IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AND 14 YEARS OLD
Younglion5900

Pro

lmao why you choose mine. Do you not know how many legal drugs there are that kill people everyday not once have you heard someone dying of smoking weed and the fact your 14 an your profile say 16 proves to me you obviously don't know what your doing or talking about but I respect your argument. an were are your facts? I want you to look up how many people died from smoking weed
johnsterdude

Con

I'm just trying to win a bet with my friends and marijuana is illegal for a reason in certain places.
Younglion5900

Pro

because little kids like you don't understand how to use it
johnsterdude

Con

johnsterdude forfeited this round.
Younglion5900

Pro

Younglion5900 forfeited this round.
johnsterdude

Con

johnsterdude forfeited this round.
Posted by Younglion5900 2 years ago
Younglion5900
@ Zanomi3 thanks
Posted by Younglion5900 2 years ago
Younglion5900
@Bubbagump282 only people can make it addictive its a mind state
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
When something is illegal the control of the something is put in the hands of the criminal. and makes anyone associated with the something a criminal. The greatest harm caused by the use of marijuana to an individual or the family unit comes from law enforcement.
Posted by Zanomi3 2 years ago
Zanomi3
I love younglion's arguments against Con, especially considering his spelling and grammar like his. Quite possibly the most hypocritical debater I've ever seen.
Posted by Bubbagump282 2 years ago
Bubbagump282
The government won't let you grow your own legally without an unaffordable license. It's the same way with alcohol and moonshine. Also, factually, most people who do some of the more hardcore drugs (Heroin, meth, cocaine, etc) started off on the smaller stuff. Smaller stuff like marijuana. You don't want to get addicted to something, but you do. Everything is addictive, if you're willing to submit to it.

-Water can be addictive.

-Interaction can be addictive.

-Marijuana can be addictive.

-Everything can be addictive.

I know this because history repeats itself. Look at the prohibition. Look at it's effects. Alcohol was banned, then people visited speakeasies where they could get their fix. Once the ban was lifted, restrictions were committed to prevent obscene amounts of alcoholism. Restrictions preventing people from making their own homebrew, yet all the time you hear of people doing so. Moonshining is still relevant today. It's an extremely hostile hobby. Who is to say that this wouldn't happen, or that it isn't already happening now?
Posted by Younglion5900 2 years ago
Younglion5900
an heres a question for how would you know?
Posted by Younglion5900 2 years ago
Younglion5900
why would we when we can grow our own? an weed isn't a gateway drug an I don't drunk or use any other drug but weed. an weed isn't addictive addition has to deal with the mind
Posted by Bubbagump282 2 years ago
Bubbagump282
If cannabis were to ever be legal, all of you stoners would throw a hissy fit. The gov't would put so many restrictions and taxes on it that you would just do the illegal stuff again. Kind of like the way it is now with alcohol. It used to be some intense and strong stuff, but now people go out of their way to make their own without government permission, so they can have it the precise way that they want it. Not even going to mention Monsanto, Pioneer and other companies making it a more simple/sustainable product, or the fact that the use of alcohol/weed/nicotine is usually a gateway to more dangerous and more illegal drugs.
A little side note for you nitwits that say isn't addictive, you don't know a thing. Anyone can get addicted to almost anything. Anything is addictive. I, personally, am addicted to drinking water bottles. I always have one on me, and I'm done with it in a matter of minutes. I have headaches/migraines when I go extended periods of time without it, and I get a little cranky if I don't have one with me. Marijuana offers a legitimate experience when compared to the countless Dasani carcasses in my room. You're probably more likely to get addicted to a bad habit, than a good one, aren't you?
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 1 year ago
Blade-of-Truth
Younglion5900johnsterdudeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Tie. Both debaters had poor conduct and relied on Ad-hom attacks. For this, neither are awarded conduct points. S&G - Tie. Both had errors in spelling and grammar. Thus, neither are awarded these points. Arguments - Pro. Con failed to present any valid reasoning against the legality of marijuana. Pro presented several benefits of marijuana which were left standing unchallenged due to Con's lack of proper rebuttals. For this, Pro wins arguments. Sources - Tie. Neither utilized sources in this debate.