tiafoight
Cold-Mind

marriage age should be lowered

Cold-Mind

tiafoight

Pro

i think that the marriage age limit should be lowered because if people love each other at any age they should be able to get married. it doesn't matter how old you are as long as you know its true love, i am madly in love with my boy friend and he already proposed but we are still to young to get married but i will do anything to get married to him i love him and i am sure that there is a lot of people that agree with me and there might be people in love to so please come join our debate.
Cold-Mind

Con

I accept the debate. Here is the format we will do it in:
round 2: Arguments
round 3: Rebuttals of arguments
round 4: Rebuttals of rebuttals (If any. Forfeit allowed)
round 5: Conclusion
tiafoight

Pro

everyone knows that people debate about stupid things, but I think this is a good debate, marriage age should be lowered because it should not be up to other people if your in love with someone then they should be allowed to spend the rest of their lives together. it's their decision to be with the person they love, not someone Else's decision. this topic has been argued a lot in my family but that don't change the way I feel about my true love. give me 10 reasons why it shouldn't be lowered
Cold-Mind

Con

1) There would be much more divorces.
People change.It is possible for couple to not like each other's personality after those changes.Divorces are hard, because people feel like they wasted so much time and they gotta sue each other in order to get as much property as possible

2) People would get kids at younger age.
Young people are by default bad parents.They have a hard time dealing with their own problems.Some people would feel like they never experienced things they wanted to do in life.
tiafoight

Pro

well a lot of people should know that divorce is an option but if you are willing to make a sacrifice and marry who ever they want if they love the person that they want to marry. I am pretty sure that younger kids will make good decisions about using protection and being safe and it is also up to the parents to decide if they want their kid to have a good safe happy life. I feel that I cant be happy if I am not married. people deserve a chance not just being judged before they even get a chance
Cold-Mind

Con

Purpose of marriage is sharing property(including kids). Couple can live together without marriage as well. I will not fulfill my opponent's irrational request of 10 reasons. Since my opponent gave 0, my 2 will be more then enough.
tiafoight

Pro

tiafoight forfeited this round.
tiafoight

Pro

tiafoight forfeited this round.
Cold-Mind

Con

I refuted my opponent's arguments, and made my arguments to why marriage age should not be lowered. Vote con.
Posted by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
@schachdame You should have waited for debate to end for posting additional arguments. Helping debaters is one way road to transforming debates into the forums.
Posted by schachdame 2 years ago
schachdame
Damn and i wanted to wait, but this I really firing me up: 1/ no experience in long term relationships 2/ hormonal imbalance and misjudged of emotions 3/ sexual responsible 4/ life experience less like to develop 5/ financial dependency from parents 6/ kids cannot always get what they want; bad role model 7/ not beneficial for society and economy 8/ missing ability to rationally see the problem in predicting 80 years from 15 years life experience 9/ marriage is not necessary any more to be "together". It doesn't add anything to a relationship apart from financial regulations that are irrelevant in this case 10/ one would also need to lower the age for legally binding contracts or have legally married "adults" that cannot rent or buy property.
Posted by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
I am asking judges to excuse me for not shaping and sourcing my statements. There is a 500 character limit that prevents me from doing so.
Posted by Katrina0961 2 years ago
Katrina0961
Haha Craighawley215
Posted by schachdame 2 years ago
schachdame
Oh this is just golden.I really like passionate debates about love. They are really recreational.
Posted by Craighawley215 2 years ago
Craighawley215
I'd be happy to debate, but it won't let me accept
Vote Placed by doomswatter 2 years ago
doomswatter
tiafoightCold-MindTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not fulfill BoP and forfeited last round.