Debatwinnerpro
Pest

media should be allowed to photoshop bodies

Pest has forfeited round #2.
Started: 10/26/2017 Category: Fashion
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Debatwinnerpro

Pro

I would like to say... its their choice... nobody should be allowed to tell them what to do.
Pest

Con

I'm gonna' save myself the trouble of putting too much thought into this one until, when and if it's even ever needed for me to use more than 1% of my brain capacity here, which I doubt... But I'd love to be surprised.

Anyhow... I guess I'll just say...

No, hurdur.

Media should not be allowed to Photoshop bodies and/or images. It psychologically damages the masses and destroys 11-year old girls self-esteem. IF they do use Photoshop, as I am not arguing the merits of whether or not Photoshop is useful when used correctly and responsibly, but IF the media uses it then for instance...

A Photoshopped, Rihanna; on the cover of some teen magazine; it should clearly state that it has been Photoshopped otherwise it's a lie and we're sinking into a debate regarding truth in media and if bodies and images are Photoshopped, put so simply as in your debate title; so I would understand; are the current practices that you're referring to, then no, not unless they are honest about it or the venue specifically calls for it. Such as the movie cover for a new super-hero flick coming to a theater near you and then obviously, common sense would go to say it's not real and obviously is photoshopped or has made use of other affects. At least anyone with half a brain should be able to decipher that one.

The media in which you are referring to; otherwise common sense would dictate there would be no debate to begin with if it wasn't; Then no, absolutely not. That is all.
Debatwinnerpro

Pro

My debate is "should the media be ALLOWED to Photoshop bodies" not if they should

the constitution says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or OF THE PRESS"

Also i see plenty of photo-shopped men in magazines, i don't set those people as my standard.
It is THEIR company, so they have the rights to do whatever they want to do with it.
Also kids and teens should be taught from a young age that magazines and reality TV are NOT REAL
Also who the hell looks up to people in magazines?? i don't, my family doesn't, and my 10 year old step sister doesn't...
And realistically we CAN'T tell companies what to do, they wont listen because we CANNOT force them to stop.