military draft

brybrydacoolguy has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

if there wasn't a military draft people would get blown up and there would be no one to defend this country. not enough people would sign up for the military there for we Americans would be screwed

Why exactly do we need a draft right now? We have the strongest military in the world. We are not engaged in any wars. There are no threats currently threating us to warrant a draft.

And, drafts and wars are very unpopular. To draft people to fight ISIS would cause a ton of hate for the government. Look at what happened in Vietnam. The US let its' citizens die for no reason.

The BoP is on you to prove why we need a draft right now. I believe we don't need one. Good luck!

If there were a military draft people would die.People would get blown up. people would be targeted. However people die everyday in the military. People are getting their heads blown off while most americans won't sign up for the military.

military draft isn't a good thing, its necessary.

You just said that we should have a draft because more people will die.

Your argument is equal to saying: "People murder anyway, so let's legalize murder!" That is nonsense.

You have not provided any examples of why we need a military draft while I provided reasons on why we don't need one. Prove why we need a draft.

Good luck.
Posted by Bart1-18 1 month ago
I don't get why we would still need the draft today. With new technology and the reluctance to send in ground troops the likelihood of needing to enact the draft again seems very low.
Posted by BackCommander 1 month ago
"if there wasn't a military draft people would get blown up and there would be no one to defend this country"
Ahh yes, we'll all but much safer in the trenches, being specifically targeted by the enemy. I know that when it comes to war, forcing a bunch of people who don't want to fight into the middle of combat always turns out well.
Posted by lannan13 1 month ago
Challenge me to the debate and I'll accept.