kai11
JohnGentry

minecraft is better than roblox

Started: 10/5/2014 Category: Games

kai11

Pro

acceptance:
1ac/1nc
questions
answers/rebbutals
conclusion
JohnGentry

Con

First off, Minecraft is owned by Microsoft. The intention of Minecraft is to allow the "gamer" to create and or survive in a 3D virtual world. This is, however, limited; minecraft is only limited what is default in the program. By default, the player cannot edit or change the code in their game to improve their gameplay. Minecraft does have unofficial "mod developers" but this is only subject to the 3rd party. Those developers are not (currently) affiliated with the company of Microsoft or Mojang.

Roblox, on the other hand, allows its platform to have more flexible developers. Roblox designed its platform to allow the developer to program in LUA and share their creations with everyone on the platform. In terms of software, Roblox has been constantly improving their physics engine to improve the player experience. Unlike Minecraft, Roblox allows players to create anything they desire; because of the flexibility, you could create a very similar game to Minecraft on Roblox.

http://www.roblox.com...
http://blog.roblox.com...
http://minecraft.net...
https://minecraft.net...
https://account.mojang.com...
http://corp.roblox.com...
kai11

Pro

I believe that Minecraft is better because it has been around longer than Roblox. I say this because that means minecraft has longer to fix the glitches that roblox has not, and because I have sent the roblox people several messages containing several glitches that have made my roblox experience very bad. such as the glitch when you make something and it gets destroyed and you walk over the seat on accident I am then stuck in the seat and unable to move.

you said, "Roblox, on the other hand, allows its platform to have more flexible developers. Roblox designed its platform to allow the developer to program in LUA and share their creations with everyone on the platform."

so in response to this I say that in minecraft you are able to do this too. several people that I have met have designed texture packs for minecraft along with mods that I have used and the Microsoft company sometimes even helps to fix the glitches in the code that others have created.
JohnGentry

Con

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I guess I'll ask questions. (According to the rules above)

You mentioned that "minecraft has longer to fix the glitches that roblox has not."
How exactly has minecraft had a longer time to fix their glitches since roblox was created in 2005?

"such as the glitch when you make something and it gets destroyed and you walk over the seat on accident I am then stuck in the seat and unable to move."
Forgive me if i'm wrong but, isn't that a developer's glitch rather than a glitch in the software?

"I have sent the roblox people several messages containing several glitches that have made my roblox experience very bad." I'm not sure what you mean by this, may you clarify?

"Microsoft company sometimes even helps to fix the glitches in the code that others have created."
Can you please provide a source pertaining to this?

One last thing. Did roblox or minecraft exist first and can you provide evidence supporting your statement?
kai11

Pro

based on the fact that roblox has been around longer than minecraft i could pose the question back on you "why has roblox not fixed tthe glitches when it has had more time than minecraft yet for some reason minecraft is not just a dating site for little kids but a real, fun game that people enjoy?"

if it is a glitch in the developers area why didnt roblox fix it to help out the users?"

i mean i have sent emails to the developers of the original roblox to fix some software glitches on the actual site that i noticed but they have failed to respond and to even fix the glitches
JohnGentry

Con

JohnGentry forfeited this round.
kai11

Pro

kai11 forfeited this round.
JohnGentry

Con

JohnGentry forfeited this round.
kai11

Pro

i apologize to my opponent for forfeiting the round but i had some other things to do. but the show must go on

i believe i have won this argument do to the fact that minecraft has not been around as long as roblox yet minecraft has the better graphics, it has little to no glitches in its code, and finally mine craft has not had a problem with its advertising. the way i found robloxx was by accident when i was looking for spider-man games and that just happened to pop up. FYI the game was terrible.

in conclusion plz vote pro on this debate
JohnGentry

Con

Eh, sorry for not replying. I lost my internet for a while. You didn't answer any of my questions, you only placed rebuttals (restating the same things). I base my conclusion on the FACT that roblox has been around longer than minecraft. Also the FACT that roblox has better graphics and impose greater flexibility than minecraft. Also on the FACT that roblox has legitimate sources that indicate they contain a better physic engine.

On a side note, pro, I'm sorry for missing out on the round. :(

In conclusion, please vote con for this debate.
Posted by kai11 2 years ago
kai11
check it out

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by kai11 2 years ago
kai11
no thanks on redoing the debate right now im in another one on whether alienware is actually worth the money you pay for it
Posted by JohnGentry 2 years ago
JohnGentry
I'm sorry for missing out on part of the debate. :P I request a redo on this thing. Anyways, I suggest placing sources to support your legitimacy. Also, DefineRich, there is no proof to support that Minecraft copied Terraria. (How does this involve the debate?)

"Minecraft is a bettter version of Roblox because there includes texturepacks that make the game look even better."

Dude, check out roblox. I can literally make all of that on their engine. xD Roblox can actually replicate Minecraft and maybe even better! Also, mods are third party. They shouldn't be considered apart of the company "Minecraft."
Posted by DefineRich 2 years ago
DefineRich
Con, Roblox did exist first before minecraft but minecraft is a better version of Roblox. Now Minecraft came before another game called"Terraria". Minecraft technically did copy all the potions from Terraria such as, invisible, water breathing and many more. This time I don't agree with minecraft because it came out before two games. Minecraft should give credit to the following games! It seems that minecraft is copying ideas from other similar games and improving them.
Posted by DefineRich 2 years ago
DefineRich
"First off, Minecraft is owned by Microsoft. ". Microsoft just bought minecraft recently! Its not really called owned by Microsoft because technically Microsoft bought of minecraft. Players can edit their gameplay that is why there are called mods Mr Roblox Fan!

Roblox is a game created in 2005. Minecraft is a bettter version of Roblox because there includes texturepacks that make the game look even better.

Pro has a better facts.
Posted by kai11 2 years ago
kai11
I DO too
Posted by JohnGentry 2 years ago
JohnGentry
Actually, theres some truth to that. xD Its mostly kids that play the games, but developers ( ages 15-20) usually create the games that is on there. I personally program in Lua and create games on their platform.
Posted by Dheu 2 years ago
Dheu
But Roblox is filled with little kids trying to date each other. lol. Children are silly! -- Unrelated to debate
Posted by Narwhalicorn 2 years ago
Narwhalicorn
Check Pros instructions in round one, the debate structure is defined there.
Posted by JohnGentry 2 years ago
JohnGentry
lol its fine, where do i read the instructions? I'm not sure how this works.