jakethebro12
Reeseroni

minecraft

Reeseroni
Started: 11/6/2014 Category: Games

jakethebro12

Pro

should minecraft be acidemic use
Reeseroni

Con

First of all, academic*, and no it should not be, and hopefully will not be.
jakethebro12

Pro

if you want to build a midevil town for a project use minecraft
Reeseroni

Con

Okay, again medieval* (do you not use spellcheck?) Next, no! That would take a tremendous amount of time to complete, and if this was a presentation would you go to the front of your classroom and download and login to your Minecraft account and show your class your medieval town? Or if it was a homework assignment would you coordinate with your teacher to join your Minecraft server at a random time of the day to show it to her? This would be extremely inefficient plus controls can be confusing.
jakethebro12

Pro

I have used minecraft to build a city for science it a good way to build cell cities
Reeseroni

Con

So from what I understand, you have used Minecraft to complete your homework assignments? In what way does this help you learn?
jakethebro12

Pro

minecraft my take time but its a good tool and i should know
Reeseroni

Con

I have used Minecraft many times over for personal entertainment. In no way would this have helped me at school to get a better grade, or to increase my knowledge in science class. This may be a good use for spare time, as it is probably the most addictive game that you can possible gain any knowledge from. Another problem would be, what if they get sidetracked and just start to mess around and play instead of work? It may be fun, or mildly educational, it still should not be used in schools.
Vote Placed by TK57 2 years ago
TK57
jakethebro12ReeseroniTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gave 0 reasons why minecraft should be used for educational purposes