marriors85
RebornPatriot

minimum wage

Started: 8/23/2012 Category: Economics

marriors85

Pro

Minimum wage is the lowest pay that a worker can get. it started in 1938 in America. it became into the division of wage and hour. every hour the worker that works the less get paid the least. workers should get paid no matter what because they work and they earn their money.
RebornPatriot

Con

I accept this debate and I look forward to a great debate.

R1: My opponent says "workers should get paid for there work" this is totally contradictive to what my opponent is arguing, minimum wage guarantees that a worker will get over paid for there work. Lets put this in perspective if a worker only brings only $3 a hour for the company and the company has to pay the worker $8. That is a loss of $5 dollars a hour, so a worker is not getting paid for there work. Minimum wage simply kills jobs and should be abolished. I will dig deeper into arguments against the minimum wage in the next round.

Good luck to my opponent.
marriors85

Pro

my opponent told me if someone's making less than their salary, that is completely easy to solve, fire the guy and find someone who is willing to take the job and produce more money than his salary. even if they can't find anyone else, they'll ask and force the guy to make more money if he wants a higher salary. If he was making $4 per hour and his salary was $8 dollars. His/her boss would ask them to work more if they want a higher salary like $15 dollars per hour. the human mind would want that and work for it.
RebornPatriot

Con

My opponent just proved why minimum wage is bad he said they will fire the guy who doesn't bring in more than his salary, why would you support an economic policy that kills jobs. Need I say more?
marriors85

Pro

marriors85 forfeited this round.
RebornPatriot

Con

My opponent forfeited a round need I say more Vote Con!
marriors85

Pro

marriors85 forfeited this round.
RebornPatriot

Con

Wow what a waste of time VOTE CON
Posted by Beginner 4 years ago
Beginner
Sluggish voting. So many obvious-win debates do not get voted...I would vote if only debate.org would get rid of the phone-number part of the verification process :|