filthymexican
Benshapiro

misbehaving children should be beaten

Benshapiro

filthymexican

Pro

Misbehaving Children are everywhere, and yet they get no punishment severe enough to change their ways. They are ruining our society and clearly something must be done to stop this. Beating them with any sort of weapon, eg a shovel, should surely knock some sense through their thick skulls. This will prepare them for the harsh realities of the real world, and even if they object to it during the beating, they will surely thank us in the future for this great service.
Benshapiro

Con

Children should not be beaten.

Beating children would create violent tendencies reciprocating in the children's children as his life progresses.

It's also against the law and considered child abuse to beat your kid with a "shovel".

There's non-violent ways to get your child to behave. Time-outs or restrictions if privileges for example. Thus children should not be beaten.
filthymexican

Pro

filthymexican forfeited this round.
Benshapiro

Con

My opponent forfeits
filthymexican

Pro

filthymexican forfeited this round.
Benshapiro

Con

Extend arguments. Vote con!
Posted by yomama12 3 years ago
yomama12
its against the law bro :P
Posted by awesomejj101 3 years ago
awesomejj101
Children should not be beaten. There are ways to manipulate ones behavior through the use of negative and positive reinforcement. Called Operant conditioning.

Beating a child is a quick way, but if it continues they will snap, eventually.
Posted by masterdrave 3 years ago
masterdrave
Yes, thank you Pro! At last, someone who actually talks some sense when it comes to discipline. Too many people are caught up in their stupid and idiotic ways of trying to get their children to behave, but it all fails. A good, hard beating is really what will do the trick. It will show them that the world is not an easy place to live in. It's hard, and they need to face/accept that. Against the law? Con you fool, that's the whole point of the argument. Legalise it, and then apply it. It's that simple.
Posted by Jevinigh 3 years ago
Jevinigh
I might consider taking this.
Posted by cynicalthoughts 3 years ago
cynicalthoughts
Corporal punishment is the worst decision you may make when disciplining your child.

I have been hit by my parents since I was four, and not only that, but I've had to watch my sister undergo this as well.
Yes, I will agree that corporal punishment does have positive implications. My parents wanted me to be an outstanding member of society, and they weren't afraid to hit me, with either their hands or a stick, for their aspirations. Now, I am considered a genius, I attended one of the world's highest academically achieving schools (soon after, my sister also passed the entrance exam). However, I will honestly say that because of corporal punishment, my sense of compassion for life has been permanently retarded. Here is a casual list of some of the mental issues I've had to overcome: depression (I still deal with this now), frequent thoughts of suicide, self-mutation (cut, cut, cut, cut, cut!)...I've also thought about killing my parents after being hit. Of course, I love my mum and dad, so does my sister - we owe our all of our successes to their hard work. However, I believe we will never attain that sense of true family warmth. I will never ever ever forget the pain of corporal punishment. Of my childhood, this is all I can remember. You think I'm too pessimistic? That may be true, but isn't it also true that a few negatives easily triumph over the many positives? When someone tells you something that upsets you, you will remember that comment for far longer than you remember the compliments you've received. Corporal punishment is the same, but times the hurt by a thousand times. That's what you are giving your child.
Vote Placed by Sswdwm 3 years ago
Sswdwm
filthymexicanBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF + Con made succinct, but unaddressed arguments against the notion which passed.