Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

What would you do if you found a guy in your house on your PC?

britkit_francis
Rami

Scenario specifics: You work for the government. Come back to house to find guy near your computer with some sort of device plugged in to your PC. You figure that he is trying to steal your data and also add a virus to the government system. The guy turns, looks at you, types something in, removes the component and tries to scram. This guy could also be mental or determined and won't listen to reason. What would you do? (Argue why your way is better than mine.) I would attack and figu...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

THBT Religion was not the main cause for the Taiping Revolt.

UtherPenguin

Debate currently impossible to accept, pm me or comment if you are intrested in joining the debate. Until then, it is closed. If Con finds the terms to be inaccurate or unreasonable, then he or she may alter the terms (But only with an argument as to why) Failure from either side to abide by the rules or terms of the debate will result in a lose of conduct during the voting stage. Burden of Proof is on both sides. Format: R1: Acceptance of terms. R2: Opening Arguments R3: Rebuttal...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Cute Animals

Lee001
SummerLover19

Okay, I'm really bored of doing serious debates, so here's a fun one! 4-5 Pictures per round, may be any type of animal. Post your pictures in the first round! Good luck!...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Quality (Pro) vs Quantity (con)

lord_starscream
Tatedabeast

A debate upon the old saying, quality vs quantity. I think quality is more important than quantity....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

We shouldn't keep pets.

wg4568
7Alan

I believe that we, as a species, should not keep pets when we can't even keep our own population alive and healthy. In the year of 2014, U.S.A. citizens spent a total of $58.04 billion on pets. Thats enough money to feed 20152700 people for a year based on a $240 grocery cost per month. Surely, this huge spending on pets would be better put to use looking after our own species, and only then can we begin putting resources towards pets. Sources: http://www.americanpetproducts.org/press_indust...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

why are you so perfict

CAHAL101
kimmi

bae you are so perfect god created you to perfection and he gave me his most beautiful creation thats you no words in the human language can describe how amazing you are lady's and gentleman this is not an actual debate but if you would like to judge you can but your words wont matter to me because she is amazing and beautiful love yah bae...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Earth exists as an oblate spheroid

Lexus
Death23

Pro has the burden of proof. They will begin arguments this round and waive the last round. Rules: 1. Semantics/trolling not allowed 2. You must waive the last round. This means not saying anything more than "I waive the final round" and some thanks to me if I deserve them. You must also begin the debate in the first round. 3. No forfeits. 4. Be civil Failure to comply with these rules will result in a loss. Definitions: exists: has objective reality oblate spheroid: An oblate sph...

Voting Period
23 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Should gay marriage be legal?

lcsimonson
Lexus

Round 1= ACCEPTANCE. Round 2=ARGUMENT #1. Round 3=ARGUMENT #2 . Round 4=CONCLUSION....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

AOW war debate, The asian country vs european country (asia pro europe con)

greatkitteh
tsume

Although I am NOT part of AOW, I`m having another war debate! This one is ASIA vs EUROPE. rules:. Any country with two continents combined (russia, turkey) are banned.

Debating Period
19 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Whose view of life is better? (Secular View)

Debate_King1475
Cowboy0108

This is not really a debate. It is just a fun way of seeing how you view life. I will make my statement of life in the second round. Round 1 should be only an acceptance otherwise you won't hav much to say round 2. The voters can do a few things1. Which side they most agree with2. Which side touched them the most3. Which side uses the most logicthere are no restictions for the voting just explain why you vote the way you doOh...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago