Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is the Mickey Mouse show on Disney weird?

BaddaBingBaddaBoom
baybayshri

MICKEY MOUSE IS WIRED THERES ALWAYS HAPPY ENDINGS AND GOOFY , A DOG,, WALKS,, PLUTO THE DOG. wEIRD RIGHT?? aLSO, THE MOUSE IS BIGGER THAN THE DOG. iT LOOKS LIKE GOOFY THE DOG AND CLARABELLE THE COW ARE GONNA DATE ONE DAY AND MARRY. lIKE WHAT COW AND DOG WOULD HAVE BABIES? AND MINNIE MOUSE IS WITH MICKEY MOUSE. dAISY IS WITH dONALD. AND ITS JUST OUTRIGHT WEIRD OKAY?! (this is a joke btw :)) feel free to ague)...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Uber drivers are employees under California law

Death23

Background: The advent of the gig economy has presented an important question - The legal status of gig economy workers as either employees or independent contractors. The companies prefer to classify the workers as independent contractors for a variety of reasons, including liability mitigation, employment tax savings and avoiding the burden of compliance with labor laws. On the other hand, workers' rights advocates an...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Should parents hit their children as punishment?

Jackeline.Airan
Krystalalexis

Many cultures and people believe that hitting their children as a form of punishment is beneficial for the child. I'm not saying beat children I'm talking about how corporal punishment should be promoted in moderation. Corporal punishment sets boundaries for children and motivates them to do better, as stated by Okey Chigbo in a 2004 article. Harold Bennet, PhD, President and Dean of the Charles H. Manson Theological Seminary, stated, "children need to understand boundaries and I think that chil...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The second amendment should be completely abolished

Factsman
jackgilbert

I do not think you should abolish the second amendment. There are about 11,000 gun homicides a year. However, 500,000-3000000 lives are saved through the defensive use of a firearm a year. And that's from the CDC (a government-funded source). And for the record, more than 4/5 of the gun homicides are committed by illegal firearm owners. They bought them illegally (Washington Post). Guns also protect against a tyrannical government. Abolishing the second amendment would mean sending the entire U....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

There is not enough focus on space colonisation

AlexandreTheThriceGreat
Im_Intelligent

I believe that today, there is not enough attention towards, funding of, or progress being made towards the Human colonisation of space and other worlds ... there are a billion stars out there for each one of us, yet we struggle and war relentlessly on Earth for resources. Convince me otherwise?...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The gender wage gap is a myth

Factsman
birdtrainer88

The gender wage gap is a myth, change my mind....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Jake Paul is a Bad influence to Modern Day Children

ChallengeMe
scarla

As you may know, Jake Paul, YouTube star and actor is a horrible person. I don't think this is much of an argument but I would like to see other people try to give actual reasons that are reasonable to persuade me. The first thing is Jake Paul's YouTube channel. If you live under a rock Jake Paul has a huge fan-base of over 14 million people. With around 20 million views a month, the things that he does are broadcast to millions of little children across the globe. At first you may wonder how he...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The wage gap is a myth

Factsman
MesserMessesUpEverything

The wage gap is a myth, change my mind....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Factsman
jackgilbert

I do not think the second amendment should be abolished. Change my mind....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is this site dead?

Hadii
Factsman

Been offline for awhile, looks pretty dead to me....

3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago