Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Jersey Mike's is better than Subway.

SnaxAttack
marymac150

This is a fun little debate that I wanted to do. Which sandwich shop is better; Jersey Mike's or Subway? I am on the side that Jersey Mike's has better subs, than Subway; and my opponent will argue the opposite. For the rules, there is really no rules. Only rule is that the first round is acceptance only, than everything else is fair game.You can use sources if you like, but is not necessary. This debate is more about on who can withstand with their opinion from the first...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should prayer be allowed in schools?

SnaxAttack
srhelsel609

For this debate, it will be discussed if any student in school (Elementary, Middle, High School, or College) should be allowed to pray within the school. I shall be "Pro", meaning that I am on the side for allowing kids to pray in school, without interuptance of "forcing" religion down anyone elses throat. My opponent will be arguing the opposite.Structure:1st Round: Acceptance and Any Questions within the Debate (Ask Questions in the com...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

The Holocaust happened

ThamesDarwin
TheTroof

ADDENDUM: TheTroof has asked for a gas chambers only debate, so we'll do that instead. I am the most reasonable man in America. TheTroof has been been debating the Holocaust with a couple of people with decent knowledge of the topic. It's been interesting to read. I'm interesting in seeing whether he's interested in trying his hand with something with years of experience debating this topic and with sufficient expertise to have taught the topic at the university level and to have published sc...

Debating Period
24 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Toilet humour is funny

really12
Deboateng

First round is acceptance and cordial greetings, the remaing rounds are rebuttals. Good luck to my future opponent....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The death penalty should NOT be allowed

sara_ann_dee
tajshar2k

Hello and thank you for joining my debate I will be arguing in favor of not allowing the death penalty in the United States.This is how the debate will be layed out:1st round: Acceptence only (anything more will be an automatic forfeit)!2nd round: Opening argument / statement3rd round: first round of counterarguments4th round: Final counterarguments and closeing statementAny violation to the setup will result in an automatic forfe...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Should the legal drinking age be lowered to 18 years old?

sara_ann_dee
lol101

Hello and thank you for joining my debate I will be arguing in favor of decreasing the drinking age requirement. This is how the debate will be layed out:1st round: Acceptence only (anything more will be an automatic forfeit)!2nd round: Opening argument / statement3rd round: first round of counterarguments4th round: Final counterarguments and closeing statement<...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Fancy Polite English Gentlemen Insult Battle

imabench
DonaldTrump

Alright here's how this works: Each round, not including the first round, both sides will post TWO insults that although they may not be vicious or sting, they would be the kind of insults you would expect from a Fancy Polite English Gentlemen. Example: "You mother is so uncultured that she cannot tell the difference between a Caviar spoon, and an Iced Tea Spoon!" ^ You post two each round starting in round 2. Voters pick whoever has the FANCIEST insults overall, fanciest being defined a...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

That Modern Day Life is Boring

comerfge
cathaystewie

I believe that modern day life is boring. The amount of time that people these days spend on phones, tablets, computers and watching TV is unbenificial for our personal health and lifestyle. The use of digital technologies is reshaping human brains and the impact on young people must be considered by their parents and educators, a neuroscientist warns. This neuroscientist is Professor Susan Greenfield of Oxford University. "If you're a very young person and you haven't developed, let's say, a ro...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The last year of elementry you should have to switch classes!

james1014
TheOpinionist

When the next year is middle school they should switch classes to get ready for transition,being more organized and more homework. In the beginning of the year some students are not use to transition so they will be late for classes. Then if that kept happening it can effect grades. In elementry that is where we make mistakes. Then in middle school you need good grades to get in a good high school and start your life....

1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Marijuana should be legalized for recreational use

sara_ann_dee
MMcMahon36

Hello and thank you for joining my debate I will be arguing in favor of legalizing marijuana for recreational use.This is how the debate will be layed out:1st round: Acceptence only (anything more will be an automatic forfeit)!2nd round: Opening argument / statement3rd round: first round of counterarguments4th round: Final counterarguments and closeing statement

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago