Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

A Theist should value a killer of the innocent over a killer of the evil.

9lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlb
sengejuri

First round is for acceptance....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Challenge

9spaceking
Actionsspeak

Hello actionsspeak. I challenge you to a debate, inspired by http://www.debate.org/forums/debate.org/topic/41266/, and not wanting to challenge Defro. You may private message me possible topics (and my side) and I will choose one. Then you will post the topic in this round as response. After that, we will begin debating. If I win I go to Pewter city. If I lose, well, let's not be pessimistic. ...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

My opponent will not be able to win this debate

9spaceking
Teemo

I believe my opponent will not win this debate. He will argue that he will win this debate. Round one is for acceptance and no one may post new arguments within the last round. Forfeiture brings an auto-losing of all 7 points. Breakage of any rules results in a full 7-point forfeiture....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Standard ties are more respectable to wear than bow ties.

9lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlb

Difference between a standard tie and bow tie is so significant that it has caused the entire upper class to prefer the latter whilst the real people working for a difference in the world know to wear the standard, humble tie for the truth that is diligence and not snobbishness!Sure bow-tie is classier and it is a sign of a higher status but the standard tie has far more practical benefits.Let's take the example of the rapist.He needs to gag a whore strai...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Have you read all the Divergent books in the series?

wdywfm
Kale22

I just want to know if you have read all the books, so we both get a free debate in out if the three we need :)...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

There should be more humane execution for those on dead row then the current executions.

theduke
9lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlb

the first round is acceptance only. rules are those of the national speech and debate association. your trying to convince me that execution needs to to be more humane for those on death row. It does not matter what the execution is as long as its more humane....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Pornography should not be banned

jp_porwisz10
RossM

Round 1: Opening statements Round 2: Facts/Argument Round 3: Facts/Argument Round 4: Closing statements. I look forward to this argument. Good luck...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Most Debates on DDO are not serious/professional and/or are just theism vs atheism

Conspiracy_risk
Dennybug

I'm not exactly sure how to make my argument, but if you look through current and past debates, a LOT are very unprofessional. There are many joke debates, debates where people have terrible grammar, and a HUGE amount of theism vs atheism debates (mostly christian vs atheism) . Not that religious arguments are necessarily bad, but few know how to pull one off professionally....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Puns

Mr.Lee
stainerpete

I like puns, so would someone accept this to share puns? Someone who states nothing is impossible has clearly never tried slamming a revolving door. I went to a theatrical performance on puns, it turned out to be a play on words. I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, then it dawned on me. When Jake and Kate tried to kiss in the fog, they mist. Any other?...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

History Debate #4

sengejuri

This is a debate about any historical topic. It is impossible to accept, so write your topic in the comments and I'll invite the person with the best proposal to debate. Please include all definitions and assumptions you'd like to use in your comment. Structure will be as follows: Round 1: acceptance only, no arguments Round 2: Opening statements for each side (no rebuttals allowed) Round 3: Rebuttals and additional arguments Round 4: Final rebuttals and conclusion (no new arguments)...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago