Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Censorship is good

SirMaximus
anime-arguments

In this debate, I am going to argue that censorship is bad. There are many kinds of censorship. One of them is self-censorship, which I am not going to be arguing against, just to be clear. Self-censorship is when someone doesn't want their audience to be exposed to something, so they leave it out. My problem with censorship is that it forces creators to leave out stuff, often against their will, which makes their work suffer. If it's the creator their self who's censoring the work, then the...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Feminism is not misandry, but rather the belief in gender equality

SirMaximus
debate_freak

In this debate, I am going to argue that feminism is not misandry, but rather the belief in gender equality. Before we begin, I will define the definitions of "misandry", "sexism", and "gender equality". I define "misandry" as the belief that males are inherently inferior to females. I define "sexism" as the belief that one gender is superior to at least one other gender. Note that I said "at least". Finally, I define "gender equality" as the belief that no gender is inherently superior to an...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

On Balance:France would have been better off under Moorish Rule

UtherPenguin

Debate currently impossible to accept. Comment or PM me if you are interested in doing this debate. Burden of Proof is on me. Historical Context: The battle of Tours in 732 saw the conflict between the armies of Frankish king Charles Martel and Moorish Emir Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi. The battle ended in a Frankish victory, however, had the Moors won it would have been likely that the rest of France would have been conquered. I will be arguing that if the Moors did win the battle of Tours...

Challenge Period
8 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

marijuana

ninjakiller558
Unbelievable.Time

Marijuana does not leave any long term side effects to your health....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 17 Minutes Ago

A persons past doesnt determine their future

DanielleNicole3238
TGambit

First round is for acceptance. Please be committed to complete the debate if you accept. I will be arguing that a persons trials in life and specifically childhood does NOT determine how a person will turn out later. Con will be proving the opposite....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Should you compare the mass farming of animals and their treatment to the holocaust

Balacafa
ImTimmyEh

As con, I will be arguing that the farming of animals cannot be compared to the holocaust. Here is the debate format: Round 1 : Acceptance (optional introduction to your argument) Round 2 : Main points and justifications Round 3: Contradictions Round 4: Conclusion Thank you to whoever accepts this debate....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Bubble Gum Should Be Allowed in Schools

DebatePr0
MrJosh

I think bubble gum should be allowed in schools. As you can see, according to http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/gum-chewing-may-improve-concentrati-13-03-26/ ,Gum may improve concentration in class. It states that two groups of twenty people had to listen to an audio track for half an hour. The groups that chewed gum recited the numbers with better accuracy and better speed. This is my first argument to show that bubble gum should be allowed in schools....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

the moon being cheese

ChokingChlorine
Devlinjustus

If the Moon were to be thought of as a cloud, then we can call it whatever we think that it is the shape of, which would be kind of like a cheese with a bunch of craters....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Earth being flat, which can go beyond our limited pretense of it.

ChokingChlorine
Zarroette

Okay, I know that in the common sense that the Earth as we know it is to be called round, but did you know that aliens who inhabit worlds may use the term flat as to say that when they view the world from the outside that they can size themselves up to a planet and come up with the term flat as the world is big enough to provide flat land for them? Or there could be the thought that the Earth is not perfectly rounded, and thus is cast down to be in the category of the flat worlds, if you are a p...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is being popular necessary for the school students

Aadiroxman
SnaxAttack

I don't think so that a child studying in school should aim to be popular. His main focus should be studies and other activities . Making friends is a different thing , but to entertain people for no use just at the cost of your studies is not the right thing to to ....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago