Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Taxation is Theft

ButterEater

Before we start, terms must be defined, so here they are. Theft - The immoral non-consensual taking of another's justly owned property. Justly owned property - Property acquired without the initiation of force, or fraud. Taxation - Compulsory payment from the citizens to their government, to be spent by the government. My argument(s) are as follows P1. Theft is the non-consensual taking of justly owned property. P2. Taxation is enacted by force, and is non-consensual. C . Theref...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Beard or Clean Shaven

WOLF.J
myopinionisrightidiot

Con be siding w/ clean shaving. Rules: R1- just acceptance Factors will include but not limited to: -attractiveness -maintenance -cost effectiveness -socio-cultural values, societal prejudice etc. (all of each beard and clean)...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is it romantic to wait until marriage to make love?

NKJVPrewrather
Remigijus127

You don't have to be religious to believe this. Make the fist move....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

If you discover a unicorn, you should give it to science

Amphia
TimeTurtle

Here is the scenario: You are walking in the forest and discover a magic unicorn. Legend is that it has the power to cure cancer. Should you give it to science? No...leave the dang thing alone. Who knows what the scientists will do with it? I promise this is a joke, anyone want to debate with me?...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Twitter Style Debate

Arganger

For the moment this cannot be accepted. Leave your idea in the comments, and if I like it, you will be challenged. If you use more than 280 characters you will lose and all voters must vote as such.I am willing to argue on a side I disagree with, if and only if you are as well....

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

DebateIsland.com New Tournaments VS Debate.org?

TrumpSupporter
Debatwinnerpro

DebateIsland.com just released tournaments. Their tournaments have different Debating formats such as Formal Traditional, Formal Lincoln-Douglas, etc., have prizes such as points, badges, etc, range from Blitz (15 minutes per round) to 48 hours per round, are 8 people, etc. DebateIsland.com released "Formal" Debating. That includes Lincoln-Douglas Debating and Traditional Debating. They also have a Blitz mode which is 15 minutes per round. Their is a 9 point voting system. DebateIsland.com...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Satanic Freemasonry?

LGordon
WOLF.J

The world's oldest secret society, The Freemasons are constantly under fire for their secretive rituals. vast symbolism, and interesting Dogma. Religious leaders specifically, bash the order for being of "The Cult" or simply Satanic or Pagan. The Freemasons and their actions are constantly misunderstood by people who have a fear of secretive societies and would rather replace their beneficial and peaceful mindset for Conspiracy Theories of world domination. Masons have helped support many things...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Rebel Flags

Wolfy101
Debater181

Should Rebel Flag be banned...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Open Debate (Relaxed)

WOLF.J
frankfurter50

Shout me in the comments about a debate suggestion, and i'll debate the most appealing one. It'll be relaxed, so no need to debate about serious topics like abortion or whatnot....

Voting Period
10 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Animal Abuse

Murphymatters
Trey383

Animal abuse has been a problem for many many years, as an animal rights activist I take a stand against animal abuse....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago