Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should violent video games be banned

Destinyclifton99
Hematite12

Opponent accept my challenge and best to you...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 29 Minutes Ago

Is loosing your virginity at ages 13+ ok

Destinyclifton99
Treadsoftly

Opponent accept my challenge...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 54 Minutes Ago

Russia would defeat the USA in a war.

TheRussian
lannan13

I will be arguing that Russia would defeat the USA in a war. These will be the conditions for our debate. 1. No nuclear weaponry. Just "traditional" warfare. 2. No allies, just 1 v 1, Russia vs. USA. 3. US is the aggressor (realistic considering America's aggressive war history.) 4. My opponent has the choice of arguing how/from where the US would strike. This also means that my opponent is basically the general of the US army, so in a way, we are not only competing with brute military force...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Most Important Battles Challenge (7)

1Historygenius
danny123

Rules: We will debate battles for different wars and time periods. What happens is that every round a battle will be placed by each debater. Whoever has the most will get the most points from the votes and thus win. Sieges are not included in this. Just land and naval battles. It is encouraged that a simple overview of the battle is given then each side states their personal reasons why it was important. The intentions for these debates is that they always be quick and simple. The voters then...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Hunting vs Meat Industry

JRivers
RowanM

After a nice long debate with a good friend about this topic I felt the need to bring it up on here. I see that there's a lot of people doing the whole unable to accept the challenge thing without discussion first and due to the nature of this debate I have done so as well. The debate is that of hunting for food vs. the meat industry. This debate may fall into many different areas, what is sustainable for the population, which is more humane, health factors of both, but what I do not wan...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

It is logically impossible to not be a nerd by the age of 30 unless you are mentally retarded.

ManofFewWords
Ozzyhead

First round is acceptance.Nerd: A single-minded expert in a particular technical field. ...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Choose your topic!

Xanxus
9spaceking

You're move Space King if you choose to accept. State your topic! i)Acceptance ii) Opening statements iii) Rebuttals iv) Counter-rebuttals v) Conclusion...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Opponent picks Topic

9spaceking
Loveshismom

Hello. I'm bored. So con can choose whatever topic he wants and the side I'm on. I can alter the topic if it seems too extreme or biased. You can even do a troll argument, but beware, I'm prepared! RULES: you may not do a topic at or beyond college level of education. Because I have not yet reached those levels of education yet.Round one: says what topic, which sideround two: I change the topic if needed, opening statements by both sidesround 3: rebuttals<...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The legalisation of Euthanasia is fundamentally good.

ManofFewWords
Questioning

First round is acceptance.I will open with my arguments in R2.I will define 'good' as having more net benefits than net drawbacks. ...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Russia would defeat the USA in a war.

TheRussian
EthicsPhilosopher

I will be arguing that Russia would defeat the USA in a war. These will be the conditions for our debate. 1. No nuclear weaponry. Just "traditional" warfare. 2. No allies, just 1 v 1, Russia vs. USA. 3. US is the aggressor (realistic considering America's aggressive war history.) 4. My opponent has the choice of arguing how/from where the US would strike. 5. Total war. No outside help, just the two countries brawling it out. 6. We will not consider future military projects, only what reso...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 12 Minutes Ago