Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should children be allowed to watch unmonitored television?

Ishika
debate1234567890

Yes children of today should definitely be allowed to watch unmonitored television . I would lije qoute an example before beginning with my argument. It was afternoon and I was watching television. My mom walked and say what I was watching and finding it inappropriate for me to watch she told me to change the channel then got busy with some work. I switched it on again. Is this monitoring sufficient ofcourse not. Hence what is required is monitoring our values and morals and bringing them up in...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Teachers should not be allowed to contact students through social media.

LatinaGirl8894
Zanomi3

Round 1 will be Acceptance Rounds 2&3 will be arguments and rebuttals Round 4 will be rebuttals and conclusion...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Athenian democracy

Mr.Oxley
mjb3

Athenian Democracy is definitely not a democracy based on the definition of a true democracy....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Was the athenian democracy a real democracy?

swimmer19
Hazel_Rose17

No, the Athenian democracy was not a real democracy because they didn't give power or vote to the people but just certain people....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Athenian Democracy

scherry_sydney
kemp_jordan

The Athenian "Democracy" is not in fact a democracy. The Athenian people were actually under a government called Demokratia. This is a rule by male citizens only, excluding women, free foreigners, and slaves....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is Athenian democracy a real form of democracy?

ImProbablyGoingToLose
ncheer

No, i don't believe athenian democracy is a true form of democracy because only 12% of the athenian population is aloud to vote. Those who are aloud are stuck doing that, must for the rest of the time they are alive or are a member of the athenian empire. Those who aren't aloud to vote includes slaves, freed immigrants, and women! And even then, only men who have completed military training and are 21 years of age can vote. They have to be citizen of birth from both parents, and if they arent, t...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Athenian Democracy

indiana_us
weezyy_nicole

I do not believe that Athenian democracy was actually a democracy because only 12% of the population was allowed to vote. This is not a democracy....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Athenian Democracy

babybucket
sidsoftball11

I don't think that Athenian is democracy because, because it didn't favor the people....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Athenian Democracy

tjroksoy12
HannahRenee24

I believe the "Athenian Democracy" is, in my opinion, not a democracy because anyone can use a voting system, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a community has become an actual democracy....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Athenian Democracy

dreamer25
jessvball

No I don't think the Athenians were even a democracy. They voted but the males had all the power, not even all males, just free ones who, were in the military. This was not a democracy....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago