Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should you be allowed to bring your phone to school

abasler029
Ezic

I think that they should allow phones in school for educational purposes like for research. Also so that in case of an emergency you know that someone in the school/class has there phone on them so they can call whatever they need to do. I also think that you need a phone especially for LA because there are now Ebooks that you can read the book on your phone. I think that phones in school can be very helpful for education in schools world wide....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

The Galactic Empire would win in a war against the US

jkyrocks123
brontoraptor

I just want to make it clear that this is just a fun debate for anyone who is a Star Wars fan. Rules: Both sides can use ANYTHING they want to help their sides win (Vehicle, Weapons, Special Forces,etc.) Extended Universe is allowed. Voters decided both sides fate!! Scenario: The Galactic Empire is once again striving to gain complete power of the Universe. Throughout conquering multiple different solar systems, they decide to come across earth. They decided to send down a transmission t...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Should gays be allowed to marry?

SoggyTofu
minddrag

I believe homosexuals and bisexuals etc. should be allowed to marry, as in the bible, it says "Love is love." Homosexuals and bisexuals etc. are people as well. Although the bible does say that homosexuality is a sin, it also says that haircuts are a sin....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The 'Alvinn! and the Chipmunks' characters don't even look like chipmunks

Glitter2998
M.brown

If you watch the Alvinn! and the Chipmunks show on Nickelodeon, you;ll see that they do not look like chipmunks....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Debate.Org Presidential Bulletin

bsh1

Aloha!I am the elected President of Debate.org, and this debate is part of an effort I am making to reach out to more areas of the site and to update more users about site programs. The positions of President and Site Moderator are not the same; but, as President, I do run, oversee, or work on various initiatives that are pertinent to members who primarily use the debates section. I am not empowered, however, to grant you voting privileges or delete debates or things of that nat...

Challenge Period
32 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Plain Cheese Pizzas are Stupid and Pointless

NBhimmy
AyeItsSara

Pro must explain how plain, cheese pizzas are pointless Con must explain the plain cheese pizzas merit Round 1: Acceptance Round 2: Main Arguments Round 3: Rebuttals Round 4: Rebuttals/Closing Statements...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

In today's world, Kindness is good.

Pushpesh
sanjee.kmrr20

In today's world, where moral values seem to be slowly getting vanished, kindness is still a moral value which human beings should instill in themselves....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

I am bad at debating

FlammableX
AWSM0055

The title of this debate is "I am bad at debating." The Pro will have to show that I am bad at debating. I, of course, will be refuting the Pro's claim....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should there be background checks on people who look suspicious when trying to buy A pet?

Eagle2016
sciguy23

Should there be background checks on suspicious people who want to buy a pet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kw30953o00...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Born gay part 2

cheyyy03
Rollingcorgi

Though I agree that it should not matter how we are oriented, whether from birth or from choice, and that our access to equal rights should not be contingent on us being 'born this way,' I do believe people are born gay for this reason. If it was a choice I'm sure people would opt out. There choice to do so but statistics say people do have a choice and some peoples choice would have not chosen this for their own reasons....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago