Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Linguistic Question

Mr.Lee
Burls

This will be the last Debate required before my account is no longer probationary. I would like for someone to answer a question for me. If you are raised in a foreign nation who's language is something else besides English, and you move to a country where the majority of the population speaks English, will you eventually start thinking in English, instead of your previous language? And would it be hard to switch back and forth? I have this as a debate merely to get rid of the probationary restr...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 27 Minutes Ago

One Round of Random Banana.

Mr.Lee
Jonbonbon

I would like to present to that Monkeys are portrayed to eat fruit, especially that of the banana kind. Bananas are a fruit. Fruit are usually sweet. If you are what you eat, Are monkeys bananas? Molecularly, I think they are, because the proteins and nutrients are absorbed into the monkey's body, and the monkey processes those nutrients, and cells are formed as a result of banana processing. Bananas can be quite tasty, and are high in potassium, making them a good snack. Snacks can be beneficia...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Rap Genius Challenge #1

ShadowKingStudios

The Con for this debate NEEDS to carefully READ it. Acceptance is blocked until a competent opponent PMs me or applies in the comment section to be the Con. NO Purple Circles, NO DDO avatars, NOR any opponent with less than 8 debates allowed. This challenge will demonstrate the superiority of lyricism. Each opponent will have 48hrs to respond. In the following series, time lim...

Challenge Period
7 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Jesus was a Jew.

cipeylsrs
Emilirose

It is my belief that Jesus was a Hindu....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

It is silly to filter swear words whilst allowing words like "rape", "penis" and "ejaculation".

apb4y
blackkid

The three words I listed in the title could potentially cause more offense than calling somebody a cvnt, yet they're still allowed. It's not like swear filters even work, as we can either mis-spell words or use asterisks to bypass the filter. I submit that swear filters are both ineffective and redundant, and should not be implemented on sites where discussion of sexual/bodily functions is permitted....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

MIstake is the mother of all success

geenaluvkuromi
Pfalcon1318

Mistake is the mother of all success (Pro) Developing confidence is an important part of learning a language. I am a firm believer that mistakes are an important part of any learning cycle. As Henry Ford famously said: "I don't make mistakes, I learn too much from them". The next stage is to recognize the self-discovery process of one's mistakes. Sophia Lorean, a famous Italian and American actress once wittingly told a bunch of reporters that, "After all these years, I am still involved in the...

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

ELO doesn't make you a good debater

Truth_seeker
9spaceking

ELO has nothing to do with whether or not you are a skilled debater, but is determined by many factors. First round acceptance...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Uber-challenging (for me): Play Devil's Advocate!

9spaceking
Ajabi

This is the fifth Devil's Advocate I have done within the series.Rules are tweaked a bit from previous times, please read entire round one before acceptingRULES-My opponent must choose a debate he or she has done before (he or she has to cite the debate)-The debate cannot be a one-round debate-The debate my opponent chose cannot be against diarygirl4u2c, neither may it be against izbo10-M...

Debating Period
14 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Tic-Tac-Toe

lannan13
stylishBOY

Just looking for a fun game here. I will be "x" , and my opponent will be "o". x-- --- ---...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Cake or Brownies

HunterCrowTic-Tac
shelrod98

Cake is better than brownies...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago