Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Oil Should not be Used for Electricity Production or as a Transportation Fuel

EAT_IT_SUKA
ryang

This debate is about whether or not oil should be used for electricity or as a transportation fuel. My thesis shall be: 'Oil should not be used for electricity production [1] or as a transportation fuel [2].' My opponent's thesis shall be: 'Oil should be used for electricity production or as a transportation fuel.' This debate has conditions, though: Any information gained from Internet research needs a link to where you got the information from, and any information gained...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Muhammed Ali Vs Mike Tyson in Their Prime 15 Rounds *FANTASY*

RXR
Allenn

What would happen if two of the greatest heavyweight boxers (In their prime) who never fought clashed in a 15 round battle ? Where will it take place ? Madison Square Garden Date: May 6 Pro: Ali Would Win Con: Tyson Will Win My Opponent will state his reason why Iron Tyson will defeat Ali. Rules: -No Ear Biting :-) -This fight will take place in the ring -No Forfeits...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

The User Known As "Bluesteel" is a girl

Zaradi
Arcanas

This is clearly the most pressing issue on the site as of this moment, so a debate about it is clearly in order.Resolved: The DDO user known as Bluesteel is a girlDefinitions since this is going to become necessary:DDO - Debate.org, the website we're using right nowBluesteel - http://www.debate.org/bluesteel/girl - of female gender or identifying with the female...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Colorado (Pro) Vs. Texas (Con)

Liberals
Texas14

First round is acceptance. I will be arguing Colorado is a better state than Texas. My opponet will be arguing otherwise....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Kittens want to kill us all

SmallTacos
StalinIncarnate

Rules: 1. Have fun 2. Stay on Topic 3. Explain yourself as best you can with 500 characters. Since Pro has burden of proof, I'll let him go first....

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

is it compulsory that women in india have to leave their parents home after marriage

Mayura
Arcanas

Hi i do not think it is fair that being a girl its compulsory that a girl have to leave parent's home after marriage.its just change in sex now a days even women are equal to men than why its compulsion. Why women have to sacrifice always. Why she always consider herself weak and let people take its benefit. I mean why its compulsory ! Just want to why its compulsory ?...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

DDO Win/Loss Record is Detrimental

Chaosism
Zaradi

I believe that keeping a record of every member's Win/Loss record is overall detrimental. It changes the dynamic of the debate by encouraging some participants (not everyone, not citing anyone in particular) to act differently than they normally would in order to increase their record. Firstly, some participants will accept a debate challenge because they spot a technicality in the wording of the instigator, and then exploit that in order to add another victory to their record, thus, defeatin...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Selective breeding of dogs (pedigrees) is eugenics by another name

hannahd91
AndyHood

Eugenics is a dirty word which most sane, morally upright people have long dispensed with. No one is better or worse than anyone else and thankfully, ideas of 'blood purity' and superficial distinctions that once rendered one race superior to another have long been void of support. Yet, we still continue to breed pedigree dogs and will very often shun crossbreeds for being 'lesser' dogs. We breed for function over form, simply to maintain breed purity, and ignore all the problems (health and oth...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Con Chooses

Shadow_Drew13
WillYouMarryMe

Just going to note, this is my first argument over the web. I will stand as pro. Con can choose the topic. Rules: It cannot be a topic that is impossible to argue. No trolls. That's not gonna fly here. Cannot be anything that is gender biased, since arguments like that never seem to end. You have 8000 characters to make your argument. There are 4 rounds. (Please don't take offense to this, it's my catchphrase...) May the best douchebag win....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Was Math invented or discovered

Camaroni1000
sidewinder

I want to see the point of view of people who think math is discovered while I personally think math was invented. I think math was invented because it is a tool people use to solve problems. You don't discover tools you create them....

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago