Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Debate.Org User Information Bulletin (Official)

bsh1

Aloha!This debate, formerly known as the "Debate.Org Presidential Bulletin," is part of an effort I am making to reach out to more areas of the site and to update more users about site programs. I recognize many members may not frequently visit the forums, and so I conceived of this debate as an alternate way to disseminate information out into the larger DDO community. I will post information about resources that users can avail themselves of in this debate, as well...

Challenge Period
119 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

All Dreams Will Come True

holla1755
Masterful

It seems many things have suggested that all dreams will come true. By "dream," I mean an ambition; I do not mean a mental experience experienced during sleep. It seems the things include, but may not be limited to, music lyrics, music videos, speeches, quotes, guidance, advice, statements from significant figures, the extreme, sometimes invisible values that have already been found within and about the universe, and, if he exists, God. Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D., President of Rensselaer Poly...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Rap battle

NDECD1441
suharry123

I haven't been doing a rap battle for a while so I decided to try again. Don't forfeit and 1st round is acceptance. Good luck....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

All Dreams Will Come True

holla1755
PowerPikachu21

It seems I often hear that all dreams will come true. It seems I hear suggestions of the type in music lyrics, movies, speeches, and statements by significant figures. Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D., President of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, a college I attended, said in an NPR interview on March 4, 2009 "The advice I give to young people is fundamentally to not let others put limits on who you think you can be, ... ." Around the time President Trump was inaugurated on January 20, 2017, h...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Any fact or debate view I can cast doubt on

FanboyMctroll
MrDelaney

I can disprove or provide doubt for any debate, point of view or fact you provide. Everything has 2 sides of the story to it and every topic can be disproved or challenged. For example, you get caught speeding, I can take it to court and challenge it by stating "When was the last time the radar was calibrated"? As it might not be reading the speed correctly therefore I was not speeding. Another example might be an incriminating e-mail that is sent, I can argue that I was hacked and I didn't send...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

JFK was murdered, it's not some conspiracy theory

FanboyMctroll
levi_smiles

JFK was assassinated by the CIA, there are so many facts that prove this was not some conspiracy and the work of one patsy Lee Harvey Oswald. Sure they say he did it but I don't buy it. The CIA assassinated JFK, you don't think so, then lets debate it...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Open-Topic Discussion

benschroeder43
darth_timon

Hi, to whoever considers accepting this offer to an open-topic free-style discussion/debate, allow me to elaborate what this is: The format is simple: Pick ANY topic you would like to talk about and go for it. I encourage picking something you are more familiar with to limit the amount of time spent providing citations, as I would much rather prefer a direct explanation of the issue (of course background and data to back it up is appreciated). There is no true structure to this, other than...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

DebateIsland.com, the better casual debating version of DDO?

TrumpSupporter
Forever23

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO. The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whol...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Should there be special bathrooms for transgenders?

MariaH_1331
Arganger

I believed there should be transgender bathrooms because forcing them to be with their "original" genders or the opposite gender can be offensive because they have chosen to become the opposite gender for a variety of reasons and I believe we, as humans, should respect their decisions. Also, giving them their own bathrooms can give them a sense of individuality, knowing that they have a type of bathroom made specifically made for them. It would also give them a choice as to which bathroom they w...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

The old testament, new testament and quran destroyed western civilization. Do you agree?

ilovejews7
Zidane

I hate religion:the hypocrisy the evil faces, the lies, the genocides... i hate religion. I think humanity was better off without the quran old testament new testament I hope their gods wipes them out because there is nothinh holy about religious ppl. I hate their faces their lies and their hate...i love when religious ppl experience unexpected hardships i hate religipn because there is nothinh peaceful about religion. Look around every city on earth and then look at the churches and mosques.....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago