Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Harrison Bergeron is an anti-hero

Hayd
T.Lowe

FIrst round is acceptence. No new arguments in the final round....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Debating is good for you!

DocMan
warren42

My first debate on here! As many people try to stay away from politics and science, their will to debate has decreased. This is a problem, since debating has many good effects on people, such as: -It gets people to think critically. -Debate can challenge bias. -You can meet many cool people by debating. -Debate can encourage positive action. And many more. I don't know why anyone who dislikes debate would be on this website, but I'd like to hear the standpoint of anyone who dislikes it,...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Debate.Org User Information Bulletin (Official)

bsh1

Aloha!This debate, formerly known as the "Debate.Org Presidential Bulletin," is part of an effort I am making to reach out to more areas of the site and to update more users about site programs. I recognize many members may not frequently visit the forums, and so I conceived of this debate as an alternate way to disseminate information out into the larger DDO community. I will post information about several programs that users can avail themselves of in this debate,...

Challenge Period
89 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Get rid of the border

WhatIsYourProof
IcyCream

When Great Britain came to America, they immigrated. The Indians welcomed them, and the colonist stabbed them in the back. Then they built borders to "protect" themselves. After that they robbed land, killed for land, and then threatens to deport or detain anyone that isn't an "American Citizen". I will like a clean and calm debate....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Should Job Applications Ask About Non-Violent Felonies?

marissa82794
David_Debates

I'm from the state of Oklahoma, , I was wrongly convicted of a CDS charge less than 7 years ago , and this is considered a non-violent crime. I've applied at many jobs and get denied because of a bad background check, they go 7 years back. I have a child now that I struggle to support because these job applications-even at fast food places ask if you've been convicted of a felony. when most jobs see that you put "yes" they throw your application in the trash,no questions asked. It's considered d...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Conor Maynard or Zayn Malik's Pillowtalk

fe99
acacia12

I'm saying that Conor Maynard's version of the song Pillowtalk which was originally done by Zayn Malik. In this debate I will be stating how and why Conors' version is better and my Opponent will state why Zayn is better... If you haven't heard Conor's version it is in the link below Conor Maynards' version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hos6QhJ9a_U Zayn Malik's Version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3d6GntKbk...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

You Choose the Resolution!

Darenskiy
ThinkBig

==Introduction==If you're willing to accept the debate, you must present a minimum of five resolutions from which I'll pick the one that is most appealing to me. I'll also choose the position I'll be arguing on; despite the fact that I'm listed as con. The opposition cannot use any definitions, frameworks, introductory statements, or sources when presenting his / or her resolutions. After I've chosen the topic, the debate will begin.

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

It is wrong to kill one to save many

Sarah9019a
TheOneAndOnlySinner

Full resolution: It is morally unacceptable to kill one innocent person to save the lives of more innocent people. Rules: 1. Don't forfeit because it causes a glitch. If you don't want to make arguments, just say that and submit the argument. 2. Please don't troll. 3. Kritiks are fine. If you use semantics, I might run topicality on you, but if you are prepared for that go ahead. 4. Burden of proof is shared. 5. GoogleDocs are not a violation of conduct as long as they remain within the...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should Dogs Fur Be Used To Make Human Winter Coats?

Kama_17438
bigmack2010

Dogs are called mans best friend, and rightfully so. But many people say that using their fur for our coats is cruel. Many disagree. What is your opinion?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Audit the Fed

Lexus
OreosAreCool

Resolved: The U.S. Federal Government should pass the Federal Reserve Transparency ("Audit the Fed") Act.The BoP shall be shared, first round is for acceptance.Thank you to tejretics for setting up this second round of the Summer Regular Tournament. The bill can be found at: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/24/ ...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago