Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Anything multiplied by 0 would be 0

Mattyb1614
vi_spex

You, vi_spex, must undergo the following conditions if you choose to debate me on this topic: - No plagiarism - This debate must be taken seriously. A few jokes in between are acceptable, but that is it. - Both Pro (me) and Con (You, vi_spex) must share their BoP (Burden of Proof); Both must reason why they think what they think. Failure to undergo these conditions will result in an automatic loss. I will now present my arguments. Multiplication is a mathematical operation that...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Palmer should not receive the inheritance from the will.

lyn280
sweetbabyjesus

Presiding Earl, J 1) On August 13, 1880, Francis B. Palmer made his will and testament, he left small legacies to his two daughters and left the rest to his grandson Elmer E. Palmer. (1.1.1) 2) Elmer who was sixteen at the time was well aware of what was in the will and was very impatient to receive it. (1.1.3-4) 3) When Francis started to show his intention to change the provisions made in the will, Elmer poisoned Francis. (1.1.4) 4) Now Elmer wants to claim the possessions left to him from...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

lyn280
sweetbabyjesus

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Riggs v Palmer

vand1832
aamjed91

1) In regards to the statutes that regulate the making, proofing, and the effects of wills when written, the intent with which they were made was that of making sure that the donee (or donees) named in the will were given the property promised to them. 2) To this end, and through a literal interpretation of the aforementioned statutes, one might say that if someone is named in a will, and the will can not be, and is not, modified in any way, then the person that was named must be given the prop...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

The Hapsburg family had a positive influence on Spain overall

Atheist-Independent

I am back with more nerdy historical debates! The premise of this debate will be: The Hapsburg (Habsburg) family overall had a positive influence on the Kingdom of Spain. I will take the Con side of the premise. Also. I will provide definitions in a day or two, yet I don't have time at the moment. I have made this debate impossible to accept, yet I will probably open it up later on for all those who are interested.Good luck to my future Hapsburg loving opponent!...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

6*0(6), so 6 sodas multiplied by 0 is 6, because the equation doesn't happen

MattDoesGML
vi_spex

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen! I am here to debate vi_spex on one of the hardest debates to find a conclusion to (Because the opponent did not learn math during the days he attended school): Is 6 x 0 = 6? Hopefully, this debate will be mighty funny entertaining.I definitely wish that I am not debating a baby.Rules

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

6*0 = 0 is true

GDNE
vi_spex

I saw that you had a debate about this earlier, and were not convinced. First round is acceptance....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

William the Conqueror had the right to invade Britain and become King of England

Atheist-Independent

This debate will follow the premise that William I (the Conqueror) of England had a legitimate claim on the Kingdom of England and therefore had the right to invade Britain. I will take the pro side of this premise.This debate will follow a generic format with the first round being for acceptance only. I am keeping this debate impossible to accept, however I will likely open this up later on. Good luck!...

Challenge Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

palmer should not receive the inheritance from the will.

marusya
tinibully07

1) On the day of August 13, 1880, Francis B. Palmer made his last will and left a part of his estate to two of his daughters, Riggs and Preston. The will to his two daughters consisted of small legacies, nonetheless, it was a gift to them upon the testator's death. (508.1.1.) 2) The latest provision to the will was made by Palmer to include his 16 year old grandson, Elmer Palmer, to the will. This last provision was added right before Francis B. Palmer was killed by his grandson Elmer Palmer. T...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

marusya
tinibully07

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago