Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Batman is Better Than Any Superhero in the Justice League

Squirrelnuts57
TheSymbiote

This debate is not a "troll" debate, but it isn't serious either. Most funny arguments if you would like. Good luck.Batman could defeat any superhero in the justice league. Now some of you may think, "No there are people that are invincible in the justice league." Well, you're right, but Batman doesn't kill, and he doesn't need too. Batman is the smartest person in the justice league and even devised a plan to protect the world against the leaders of the justice league in case t...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

debate on whether success is important to you and why

iloveumittens
moneystacker

Do you think success is important to you why or why not ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Sexism

PaigeZ
JayConar

I've been doing research on sexism for my persuasive essay and I would first like to point out that sexism isn't just for women but for men as well. The definition of sexism is prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex. Some examples are, when you hear the word rape, what popped into your mind? Unfortunately most of you if not all thought of men. Well a dear friend of mine who is a male was raped by a female. How often do you hear of that? not of...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Contender's Choice

Geographia
JCB_Penguin

This is an open choice topic. The Contender may choose a topic, either from a Pro/Con position in the comments, or in a PM with me. Standard "DDO rules" apply.The one thing about this is that voting is STRICTLY off-limits, this shouldn't be a issue, however, as only TUF, airmax and bladerunner have the ability to vote.If you are one of the above, do not vote. This is a debate, not a contest....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Animals should not be kept in cages

LatinaGirl8894
TheSymbiote

The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather, "Can they suffer?" ~Jeremy Bentham 1. Cages are Harmful "Wire cages are the standard in commercial breeding. Sadly, though, there is no limit to the damage wire cages can do to dogs' health. They experience joint and limb discomfort and irregular growth from standing on the wires. Their paw pads can be badly bruised or cut from the hard metal. Because wire cages aren't comfortable, dogs remain standing for longer pe...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

9spaceking will Lose this Debate

9spaceking
lannan13

9spaceking: the user that instigated this debate. His profile can be viewed here: debate.org/9spaceking People will select who made the better arguments for why he or she should lose the debate. Hopefully a more formidable opponent than last time will accept. I promise to use different arguments than last time. I accept full burden of proof, and if you ask for any part of it I will only give you cake....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Abortion is bad and should be largely illegal

debatr1234
aburk903

It is my position as the Pro side that abortion is wrong and (except in a few cases i will detail later) should be illegal: this is true for several reasons, primary of which is that the lines drawn between who has the right to life and who doesn't are arbitrary. What makes a child in the womb not worthy of the right to life? Dependence on its mother? babies out of the womb are dependent as well. Does a person's size determine their right to life? if so, if lebron james more worthy of life th...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Gay Marriage should be legalized in all 50 states.

Malec-M
EliasL

I will be arguing for gay marriage. I believe that in all 50 states of the USA, gay marriage should be legalized. Round one is acceptance. Round 2 in opening arguments. Round 3 is main body. Round for is closure....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Is Abortion Okay

Squirrelnuts57
frostyclaw

I believe that abortion should not be committed for multiple reasons. So many people have been debating over this for several years now and I want to know what some people think about it and why. I do not see why so many people can agree with babies dying before they have had a chance in the world and I hope that others agree. If you had sex, and then got pregnant, it's not the baby's fault. Please tell me why it is alright to kill the child off before it's ever got the chance to see the light o...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should we change the bulldog standards?

20pettinoer
5soshorselover

He gets bacterial and fungal infections in his skin because his folds and wrinkles trap dirt in moisture. This can cause sensitive and hurty skin and loss of hair. Because of his squished up face and deformed palette in his throat, each breath is labored and is not exactly the proper way to breathe. This makes it dangerous to even EAT! His body structure causes pain and problems such as hip dysplasia. Plus, because of the way his eyes are set, they dry up and get itchy. They can also develo...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago