nicolas544
abard124

mlb is better than nfl

Started: 3/7/2011 Category: Sports

nicolas544

Pro

nfl is worse the mlb
abard124

Con

First, I would like to thank my opponent for instigating what could turn out to be a very interesting debate! I contend that the NFL (National Football League) is superior to MLB (Major League Baseball). Although I will admit that NCAAF (National Collegiate Athletic Association Football) is far superior to either, the NFL is still superior to MLB. Though I do have somewhat of a connection to MLB, as I went to many Astros and Mariners games early in life, whereas I have been to but one NFL game (the Texans won, in case you were wondering), I still feel as though the NFL is one of the greatest things in the world.

I think that, though I am a raging elitist and I don't usually like using democratic decisions, I think it's pretty clear here: The American public prefers Football. Last season, there were an average of 66,960 fans per game [1], whereas the highest average attendance for the single highest attended team in MLB (the Yankees) in 2010 was only 46,491 fans per game [2]. The fact that over 20,000 more people attend each NFL game than each MLB game is a testament to how much the average American prefers Football.

To further show the last point, I remember how excited I was when my Astros were in the World Series. I watched most of the games... At my house... By myself. On the other hand, most Super Bowls, even when they're two teams I couldn't care less about, I at least have people over and have snacks. Super Bowl Sunday is the day with the second highest food consumption of any day of the year other than Thanksgiving. That's right, Americans eat more on Super Bowl Sunday than they do on Christmas. This year's super bowl was the most watched television program in history, with 111 million viewers, even with such an atrocious halftime show [3]! America practically has a de facto holiday based on the NFL! What does MLB have to show? History? History isn't now. I eagerly await your response.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
2. http://espn.go.com...
3. http://en.wikipedia.org...
nicolas544

Pro

nicolas544 forfeited this round.
abard124

Con

Excellent argument! My argument still stands. Another thing to consider is to go back in time. If you think about college or high school sports, almost nobody cares about baseball in either case, but everyone watches the football games. I watch every single Texas football game, but I haven't watched one of their baseball games in a long time. Why should this trend not continue into professional sports?
nicolas544

Pro

nicolas544 forfeited this round.
abard124

Con

abard124 forfeited this round.
Posted by nicolas544 5 years ago
nicolas544
awesome
Posted by abard124 5 years ago
abard124
Cool... I'll take it, then!
Posted by nicolas544 5 years ago
nicolas544
thank you for bringing that to my knowledge. No, im pro for this arguement.
Posted by abard124 5 years ago
abard124
Wait... You are Con, meaning that you oppose the resolution, but according to your argument, you say that you support it. So which is it?