vi_spex
Bennett91

morality=survival truth

vi_spex

Pro

if a gigantic powerful highly advanced friendly warrior robot crash lands on earth without possibility of escape, that if threatened or in the face of violence will protect anyone and itself, does it make sense to attack it?
Bennett91

Con

vi_spex

Pro

ok? let me add, any example of morality is survival truth
Bennett91

Con

I await my opponent to provide an "example of morality is survival truth".

I refer to previous examples where self sacrifice/ non survival is "truth"

My opponent may want to arguer that these sacrifices entail a greater truth, but he has yet to define the truth of the victims or even what "truth" mean.
vi_spex

Pro

why did the giant sacrifice itself?

and i await you are not blind to the obvius
Bennett91

Con

Pro has refused to provide an example or any explanation to elucidate his point. The title and round one OP are not noticeably related.

Vote con.
vi_spex

Pro

so i guess the giant didnt sacrifice himself and con has addmitted his lie in round 2

thanks
Bennett91

Con

My opponents premise is survival = morality - it does not implicate self sacrifice as a moral virtue, nor does he even bother to expand upon his own vagueness. He refuses to expand upon his premise merely responding with single sentences.

He provides no context nor definitions.

Another example I'll provide which Pro can't refute: If all of humanity where to disappear, the earth would continue to exist. The sacrifice of humanity would not constitute the earths survival as the earth is not a living thing. It is an amoral scenario. Therefore morality =/= survival

If my opponent continues to refuse to provide detail or any context or further understanding of the OP he must forfeit.
vi_spex

Pro

i have provided every example that can possibly exist

survival is opposite of suicide..
Bennett91

Con

Again Pro has refused to explain his position. He has not provided a single example.

He says morality = survival according to the title. He then says survival is the opposite of suicide, does he mean to say suicide is immoral? Who knows.

He has not demonstrated how self sacrifice is immoral. Another example would be of a terminally ill patient seeking to end their own life. How is such immoral?

I'll now posit an example of how survival can be immoral. For example to the institution of slavery. Slavery is in itself immoral, upon this immorality lies the survival of both the master and the subsistence of the slave. The continuation of this system, aka survival, is immoral. Many slaves would often commit suicide rather than help their owners continue such a system.

If Pro had a point it has been refuted.

Vote Con, thank you.
Posted by Bennett91 1 year ago
Bennett91
Just more coherent.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
your beliefs are strong
Posted by Bennett91 1 year ago
Bennett91
Is not as strong*
Posted by Bennett91 1 year ago
Bennett91
Again, if you have to accuse me of being religious your position is as strong as you think it is. Again, no, I'm an atheist. Again, if you want this "debate" aka public horse whipping to be deleted by the mod I won't mind.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
you are a christian arnt you?
Posted by Bennett91 1 year ago
Bennett91
If you'd like to contact airmax to delete this debate i'll accept.