Movies Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The use of French the the movie "Ice Age"

SaucySalamander
PowerPikachu21

In the movie "Ice Age" the character "Sid," who is a sloth, says "bon appetit" while presenting a pine cone as a meal to a rhinoceros. My brother argues that the phrase "bon appetit" should not be used because it is French, and the movie is being translated from the language that would be used by animals to communicate with eachother to English. My argument is that the movie is not being translated from how the animals would communicate with eachother, but instead the lines are written how peopl...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Was Total Recall Just A Dream

rickyd0714
SuperTrooper44

I'm here to debate that the movie Total Recall (The original with Schwarzenegger, not the remake. I've only seen the original.) was a dream inside Quaid's head....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Is La La Land a good film?

sitdownnow
Zarroette

This film is not just a cheesy Hollywood movie. It shows the brutality of trying to get into showbusiness whilst using the Musical genre to progress its story line. I dare you to disagree....

1 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

Star Wars. Pro - Clone Wars. Con - Originals.

MartinMC
SUPMON

First round acceptance. Other rounds for your own arguments and counter. What to consider for this debate. Clone wars VS Galactic civil war Will be discussing and arguing which movies were better (Clone wars 1-3) (Civil War 4-6) Canon will also be included, all aspects of the current time of these era's taken place....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Star Wars VII is the worst film out of the current main 7 movies.

JimShady
Fiver

Star Wars, Episode VII: The Force Awakens was the first Star Wars movie that I'd seen in theaters, and so when I first saw it, of course I thought it was amazing. Then I got the movie on DVD and watched it a few more times, and the more I saw it, the more I disliked the film. Now I'm willing to say that Star Wars 7 is the worst movie out of I-VII, not counting Rogue One or The Clone Wars. You might be saying, what, the Prequel films are much more terrible, but hey, the Prequels are actually m...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Is star wars good for kids to watch or bad for kids to watch

600010168
Sonofcharl

Is star wars good or bad for kids...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Are Superheroes Still Superheroes Without Villains?

aomvaraa
nodixxx

Are Superheroes Still Superheroes Without Villains?...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Books or Movies?

k.hadija
themoderateamerican

I would pick movies over books, i think that books include the deeper meaning and emotion of some scenes, that can't be expressed in a movie. Books are also more descriptive and movies don't always include everything that happens in the book because they don't have enough screen-time. Reading books can also expand your vocabulary and intelligence....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Months Ago

Is Disney ruining star wars for the millennial generation?

Starwarsfan
gamestar

As an 18 year old star wars fan, I can easily say yes Disney is killing the magic for me. Don't get me wrong, they've done good things like making The Force Awakens and Rogue One, but my grievances are in other departments. My biggest concern is the EU. I was livid when Disney made nearly everything "Legends". That just goes to show the only legitimate content is whatever they make. Whether you read the thousands of books, comics, or played the games like Knights of the Old Republic, you felt im...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago

Lando definitley betrayed Han

zach16williams
ucannotbeatme

I am a huge Star Wars movie fan. I've seen every movie more than three times(except Rogue One, only twice) and I was watching the Empire Strikes Back with my buddies when one said, "Lando didn't betray Han at all, he was just doing what's best" it's obvious that Lando betrayed Han to me but if anyone doesn't think so and wants to argue about it then I will gladly....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Months Ago