Movies Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Books or Movies?

k.hadija
themoderateamerican

I would pick movies over books, i think that books include the deeper meaning and emotion of some scenes, that can't be expressed in a movie. Books are also more descriptive and movies don't always include everything that happens in the book because they don't have enough screen-time. Reading books can also expand your vocabulary and intelligence....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Is the new live action version of 'Beauty and the Beast' better than the 1991 animated version?

k.hadija

I think the 1991 animated version of "Beauty and the Beast" is better than the new one. The original was a movie that everyone had an emotional connection to, and the new one is just so deadbeat and dry. Besides, originals are always better than remakes....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Is Disney ruining star wars for the millennial generation?

Starwarsfan
gamestar

As an 18 year old star wars fan, I can easily say yes Disney is killing the magic for me. Don't get me wrong, they've done good things like making The Force Awakens and Rogue One, but my grievances are in other departments. My biggest concern is the EU. I was livid when Disney made nearly everything "Legends". That just goes to show the only legitimate content is whatever they make. Whether you read the thousands of books, comics, or played the games like Knights of the Old Republic, you felt im...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Lando definitley betrayed Han

zach16williams
ucannotbeatme

I am a huge Star Wars movie fan. I've seen every movie more than three times(except Rogue One, only twice) and I was watching the Empire Strikes Back with my buddies when one said, "Lando didn't betray Han at all, he was just doing what's best" it's obvious that Lando betrayed Han to me but if anyone doesn't think so and wants to argue about it then I will gladly....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Do you like the Lord Of The Rings?

RachelDixon
kgbisafterme

Do you like the Lord Of The Rings? have you watched it? Is it boring? is it awesome?...

12 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

fight club is the best movie ever made.

el13smith
Sidex

I believe that Fight Club (1999, David Fincher) is the best film ever created, and perhaps the best that will ever exist -- but this debate will be purely based on the fact that Pro (myself) is arguing that FC is the "best" movie. I will be using several arguments, some based purely on the wording of my argument or my opponent's. Con must prove in at least one way that a) FC is NOT the best b) another movie is better. "Best", in this debate, is being used to say that FC is simply the best qualif...

6 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

should there be a bee movie 2?

VeganBeefBurrito
NoxViginti

people have argued this topic for years: should there be a bee movie 2?...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Captain America is better than Iron Man

Israel_Urrea
jonathonave

My statement is that Captain America is better than Iron man and Captain America was the first Avenger!...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Voldemort is worse then Darth Vader

HalfAnOnion
TheConservativeSocialist

Let's start by looking back at them, at a younger age. Voldemort realized he was extremely powerful, when he was young. He had always been cruel; when he was in an orphanage he hung a young boys bunny from the rafters, for no apparent reason. Darth Vader was a slave, he was always good; until he got older. Voldemort had to work extremely hard, to get any sort of power. He had to mass murder, and gain himself followers. Lord Vader, on the other hand only had to kill the current Sith Lord to gain...

1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The Witch (2016) written and directed by Robert Eggers is underrated.

Desert
YourLeftNut

The Witch movie is underrated. Accept if you disagree....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago