Music Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Beatles are NOT the best band ever

nco.20
devcoch

Round 1: State your position. Round 2: State your arguments. Round 3: State your conclusion. The Beatles are over glorified pop stars from the 1960's and were/are NOT the greatest band to ever walk the stages. I am not saying they were bad, just that they are not worthy of the titles and appraisal they are given. Many other bands from their decade and subsequent ones have more virtuosity, showmanship, and trajectory than they do....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Is Rock Music Dead?

nco.20
skipsaweirdo

The other day I asked myself when was the last time a Rock song topped the charts. So I did what I had to do, I sought the help of St. Google; to my surprise and dismay the answer to my question was "Heathens", by Twenty One Pilots. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate this band nor have I anything against it, it just that that is NOT Rock music. It's something in the ranges of pop and alternative, but it is NOT ROCK MUSIC. So then I asked myself another question, is Rock Music dead? Led Zep...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Justin Bieber is the worst singer ever

Gellisalin
flin2408

Justin Bieber is the worst singer ever...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Music Challenge #2

Opsianos
Beginner

Right...so, the last one that was 7 months ago (wow, time flies) pretty much flopped due to me being unable to submit recordings. So, here goes another one! Rules and Conditions 1. Each person must provide ONE original performance of any music per round IN ROUNDS 2 AND 3; round 1 being simply for acceptance, and round 4 being a backup round in case if anything goes wrong (taking a page out of Smithereens' book). Only you (yes, you) are to be pla...

36 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Who's the better group of MCs (solo careers count too)? Juice Crew vs. A Tribe Called Quest

Wafzal2P
DStallman

The Juice Crew is way better than A Tribe Called Quest. The Juice Crew had a lot more stars, including Big Daddy Kane, Biz Markie and Kool G Rap. The music that they produce is remarkable and their skill still remains indisputable....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Music Composition Contest

Smithereens
Beginner

Introduction This debate is a competition of music compositional skills. Here I intend to isolate technical acuity of the composition as a key area of the debate. To this end, I desire that voters on this debate use the following criterion to distribute points in a weighted fashion:VotingS/G (1 point): Subjective desirability -Which composer created pieces that were, overall, more enjoyable to listen to?Conduct (1...

43 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Is singing the most important factor of vocal music?

Matpat
spacemelon379

I will argue con. Arguments R2, R3. R4 rebuttals. Thanks....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Music Battle

tejretics
FourTrouble

Each side posts links to any songs (one song per round; except Rd. 1). Feel free to comment on your own - or your opponent's - music. Judges provide RFD's based on which music they liked more. All votes should be "tied." Round 1 is for acceptance only....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Rap should be considered music.

Shadow_Hunter
Zaradi

Rap should not be considered music since it has no tune or melody; it is simply words spoken in a rhythmic pattern. The definition of music is a group of sounds that have rhythm and harmony (1). Music is supposed to be beautiful, and it is meant have a harmony and a melody. If music has lyrics, the lyrics should be meaningful, and the song should not just be about lyrics. Rap in general is only lyrics, with maybe some rhythmic qualities thrown in. Usually the lyrics have little significant meani...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The Beatles are the best band there will ever be.

dr.jimmythefish
jo154676

Quite simply the Beatles gained such popularly to be able to make not commercial music. Also referred to as good music. Other bands have done this but the Beatles 1.pushed the boundaries of music 2.made money doing it....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago