Ivan1126
person_name

muslim refugees

Ivan1126 has forfeited round #3.

Ivan1126

Con

should western countries accept muslim refugees? do muslim refugees believe in the values that made western countries the way they are today? these values for instance include free speech and free speech includes criticism of religion. will muslims be able to take that? the answer to that question is NO. we all know what happens when one criticizes islam.
person_name

Pro

The thing is should we be so selfish to deny the Muslims that are good people (yes they do exist) into our country? We talk all these horrible things about Muslims but MOST of them just want to live a safe a productive life without worry. What you want is a safe little bubble where you and your kind and be together "safe" from other religions and cultures. I however, do not want that, I want a diverse country where people can come to be happy. After all, that is what America represents right? Why else would we have the Statue of Liberty sitting on our coast. Muslim people take criticism all of the time from people like you who think because they hold that specific value of religion that they will blow everyone up. Yes, there are some who are bad people but hat should not stop us from letting them in. By the way, most terrorist attacks are by non-Muslims, and if you want numbers, by most I mean 94%.
Ivan1126

Con

i'm an ex muslim myself, my whole family is muslim and 95% of the people i know are muslims therefore im not blindly hating on these people. These muslims you're referring to as 'peaceful' are called moderate muslims and these 'moderate' muslims share the same values, principals and beliefs as radical muslims the only difference between them and radical muslims is that radical muslims ACT upon these beliefs and values unlike moderate muslims .
I never said muslims arent good people, what i said was they shouldnt seek asylum in western countries unless they are prepared to live in a place where everybody can express their opinion freely without the fear of getting killed. Mostly terrorist attacks committed by non-muslims dont happen because of religion, they happen for other reasons. Is there people from a certain religion blowing stuff and themselves up as much as muslims these days? NO.
person_name

Pro

The moderate Muslims are not harming us so why should we prevent them from coming to the U.S ? Just because they "are not prepared to live a place where everybody can express their opinion"? Which does not make sense because you of all people should know that Muslims could take criticism and not kill in the process. I for one have never heard of a story saying a Muslim got judged by other people and then decided to blow up a building. I think it would be beneficial to have Muslims in the U.S to continue to diversify our country, that is what make us who we are. More people would realize that they are not all bad people and become more comfortable around them. They should be able to seek asylum here because the are facing worse cases where they live now. Also, Christian people have killed almost the same amount because people did not believe what they did. Which is the same as what the Muslim people are doing so I do not know why people say that Muslims kill way more people compared to other religions.