vi_spex
IceeeStorm1816

my words are a god gun

vi_spex

Pro

gods word is not truth because i just got a new key to my house..
IceeeStorm1816

Con

I will be arguing that God's Word is, in fact, true down to the very last chapter.

The fact that you got a new key to your house does not have anything to do with God's Word not being true. I will wait for Pro to post an argument that is actually valid to the topic he is arguing before posting my argument.
vi_spex

Pro

you mean gods word is truth

true is matter, not information

unless i am god, my word is not the truth, and so i must be lying about getting a new key
IceeeStorm1816

Con

False. You do not have to be God to tell the truth. Whether you got a new key to your house or not has nothing to do with the fact that God's word is truth, you are not God, and your word may or may not always be truth.
vi_spex

Pro

if my word is truth i am god
IceeeStorm1816

Con

To be God, you must be perfect in every way. You may have never lied, but every other tiny sin you have committed counts as well.

"As it is written: 'There is no one righteous, not even one;'" ~ Romans 3:10

There is only one God, and no one else can even come close to being his equal. Perfect is the standard. In logical terms, if you are perfect, than you must be God. However, since no one can be God, then it is impossible for you to be God.
vi_spex

Pro

for gods word to be the truth, i didnt get a new key to my house, i must be lying
IceeeStorm1816

Con

False once again. You are not God, so his word can be truth whether you got a new key to your house or not.
vi_spex

Pro

only gods word is the truth
IceeeStorm1816

Con

No, mortals can tell the truth too. They may not always tell the truth, because only God can always tell the truth, but they can tell the truth at times. They may tell the truth a lot.

Thanks so much for this debate!
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
only gods word is truth
Posted by IceeeStorm1816 1 year ago
IceeeStorm1816
And my answer for all my rebuttals will still be: You are not God, therefore God's word and your key have nothing to do with each other.
Posted by IceeeStorm1816 1 year ago
IceeeStorm1816
My beginning argument was a little confusing. I realized in the second round that Pro was not talking about the Holy Bible when he said "God's Word". I think he was talking about God's promises.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
its the truth that i just got a new key to my house
Posted by Retributionist 1 year ago
Retributionist
Hey, I just accepted a Debate like this one.

vi_spex, you never explained how getting a new key is related to God's word.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
only gods word is truth
Posted by IceeeStorm1816 1 year ago
IceeeStorm1816
I don't know, did you get a new key? God's word is truth. End of story. You are not God. I don't know if you got a new key to your house, but it doesn't matter because you are not God.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
something tells me you will win this
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
so i didnt just get a new key
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
win according to votes