philadam
kenicks

Native Americans should be called brown and not red

philadam

Pro

If you want the answer, just look at their skin
its brown!!!!
red is such a pointless skin color and it makes no sense
kenicks

Con

philadam,

Your opening argument is short and brief, stating that Native Americans should be called 'brown' and not 'red'. The reasonings behind your feelings on this topic is simply what we see from the naked eye; you claim their color takes on more of a brownish tone than a reddish tone.

This is not entirely true.

Yes, their skin is somewhat brown. However, it is not entirely brown; there are some light tints added. Although it is not clear, fire engine red, it is the next closest thing that represents their tone. Here is an illustration of a Native American:

http://www.filebuzz.com...

Here is another link that displays an actual photo of a Native American. Look at this and tell me he does not have a reddish tint to him:

http://www.brokenenglish.com...

Brown is too much of a set color; differences in the tones of color need to be notified.

I will elaborate on this in the next round.

Also, the use of the word "red" to describe a Native American (or, in Columbus' case, Indian)'s skin has background to it. The color of chestnuts is a medium brownish shade of red. The color, "Chestnut", is also referred to as "Indian Red", which is used by some to describe the skin tone of Native Americans.

Personally, I think that the description fits.

I await your first rebuttal.
philadam

Pro

To start, the pictures you showed me contain indians or native americans who have brown color, with some added if not fake red coloring.
Those pictures are inconclusive and indecisive
if you want a better america, it starts with more accurate profiling
thank you
kenicks

Con

philadam,

Your rebuttal is made up of solely criticizing my evidence. You did nothing to support your argument, not elaborate on why I am wrong. Your arguments are incomplete and can be classified somewhat as fallacies, which might correspond with your 0.00% win rate.

"if you want a better america, it starts with more accurate profiling
thank you"

philadam, this argument does not pertain of America's current state, which, I must agree, is a dismal one. Stay on topic, please.

Yes, while one of these photos was an illustration, the skin tone was not completely brown; it had more of a brown-reddish tint to it. Yes, a brown-REDDISH tint. Why would the illustrater have portrayed the Native American with this kind of skin tone if it was not conclusive to what some Native Americans really look like? What alterior motive would the illustrator have for painting (or oil pasteling, I'm not sure what the illustrator used for materials) the Native American with a reddish skin tone?

I really don't think anyone's paying him on the side to fix his drawings for racial purposes, honestly.

Same goes for the picture of the reenactor; why else would he apply that makeup to his Native American impersonation attire if it did not represent the image of the Native American, the "Red Indian"?

I await your final rebuttal.
philadam

Pro

philadam forfeited this round.
kenicks

Con

My opponent has forfeited his closing argument, which is arguably the most important round of all. He appears to believe he doesn't have a chance at finishing me off, and has instead done himself in.

I choose to state my closing arugment nonetheless.

philadam states that Native Americans should be called 'brown' rather than 'red', because their skin tone is more brown than it is red. However, if he retains this belief, than I would assume he also retains the belief that other races should follow the same rules; take a look at your typical african-american, classified by color commonly as 'black'. While some blacks retain a rather dark, coal-black skin, many of them have more of a medium, light, or dark-brownish skin tone, as opposed to black.

Therefore, 'blacks' are now referred to as 'browns'.

Native Americans also are now referred to as 'browns' rather than 'reds'

Then, we have the 'whites'. However, many people classified as 'white' are not the pasty color we all see as 'white'. Some 'whites' have tans, or are just tan regularly. The most related color to tan is its darker shade; brown.

Therefore, about half of the 'whites' are now referred to as 'browns'.

So now, we have a skin tone that encompasses African-Americans, Native Americans, and some Europeans. Do you see where I'm getting at? We need these different names for skin colors so we can distinguish between them. Not for derogatory purposes, but for distinguishing purposes.

Native Americans should remain to be referred to as 'red', rather than 'brown'.
Posted by sadolite 6 years ago
sadolite
"Americans" that's all nothing else. Hypanations are stupid. I don't give a rats behind where you or your ancesters came from.
Posted by Kleptin 6 years ago
Kleptin
A lot of my Indian (Other side of the world) friends call themselves "brown". That would lead to confusion.
Posted by wingnut2280 6 years ago
wingnut2280
"if you want a better america, it starts with more accurate profiling" Agreed. We need to have more efficient racism. The faster we can persecute and clssify large groups of people indiscriminately the better.
Posted by aceofelves 6 years ago
aceofelves
What makes the red man red?
Vote Placed by kenicks 5 years ago
kenicks
philadamkenicksTied
Vote Placed by sadolite 6 years ago
sadolite
philadamkenicksTied
Vote Placed by blond_guy 6 years ago
blond_guy
philadamkenicksTied
Vote Placed by mrmatt505 6 years ago
mrmatt505
philadamkenicksTied