Shynar
LatentDebater

natural beauty is better then the make up

LatentDebater

Shynar

Pro

In today's world everything becomes seeming. And the best example would be the women walking in the street with the ton of cosmetics at their faces. I feel very miserable about such kind of girls, as their skin deteriorating day by day. Because of the make up,even merely due to a little bit of foundation, their pores become cluttered and consequently the pimples and acnes appear. As a consequence, their skin senesces faster, which is also a disadvantage of this issue.
LatentDebater

Con

If done correctly I would claim that it is impossible to refute a woman is more attractive with make-up plastered upon her face.

It is true that it could cause harm if not done correctly, if using wrong solvents or if applied in an ugly manner but it is not true that natural beauty is better than make-up since if it was, make-up industry would never have arisen.

The purpose of make-up is a two way exchange:

1) To make a woman (or transvestite male) appear more attractive to others.

2) To make a woman (or transvestite male) FEEL more beautiful than normal in a stressful social scenario, such as a party or job interview.

If we observe the first function of make-up I would like to say this: Naturally nearly no one is near-perfect and the select few of the human race who are naturally beautiful (such as my future wife :P) would still look better with enhancement because that is all that make-up is.

I would like to use two examples of women who look more elegant and pretty with make-up in my opinion.

CASE STUDY #1: THE NATURAL BEAUTY

BRITNEY SPEARS

As you can see the eyeliner and cheekbone definition are definitely better with make-up but due to her natural beauty there is little difference to see in skin quality and eyebrow shape. The lips I would argue are more beautiful in make up photo but that is because I personally like less-pink and more full lips on a Caucasian woman and can't argue that objectively this is more beautiful.

I don't mean to be rude but essentially absolutely everything is uglier without the make-up whether it's skin tone, kin texture, eye shape, eyebrow sharpness, lip texture, lack of forehead lines all are superior with make-up.

Here is where I come to a dilemma that I will not in case study #2 (the natural ugly) because Britney spears is naturally extremely hot. Now, for those who do not know the right picture is the one with make-up and I shall explain why this is still the hotter picture despite her natural beauty. Okay the lips were applied a bit messy so natural beauty scores one (only because the make-up wasn't applied as it should be) but the eye lashes, skin tone, eyebrow definition, chin definition and cheekbone protrusion are all more elegant and prominent in the make-up picture.

This is where it becomes rather obvious that make-up enhances everything that is already very beautiful in a face. Because although the left picture is what I'd rate a 8/10 natural beauty the make up gets that babe up to a 10/10 for me because absolutely everything good in her face naturally has been enhanced to its maximum potential with make-up.

The left is undeniably hot in every way. Feminine in every respect, the prominent cheekbones, the sharp eyes lashes and the tanned skin as well as thin, sharp chin line and lips to die for. The right is hot but not AS hot.

Case Study #2: THE NATURAL UGLY (This might blow your mind)

KATY PERRY

Katy Perry isn't actually ugly but compared to most women she is one of the few who I believe jumps fro a 6/10 to a 10/10 by make-up alone. I shall now show you what I mean.

Not much to say here... Uglier without it in every respect. The first picture has forehead wrinkles, eyebrows hardly defined, thin masculine lips compared with think feminine full lips in make up picture and frown lines too. The make up picture has flawless skin tone, lips, cheekbones and eye lines and no wrinkles apparent whatsoever, it not only enhances her beauty but hides her less attractive features such as wrinkles and thin lips.

The left picture is an attractive woman who WOULD LOOK BETTER WITH MAKE UP. You can see everything is nice and attractive but there's just that perfection that make-up offers in the second picture that natural beauty cannot compare to, whether its the quite-effective concealment of her wrinkles around her mouth as she smiles or the overall better skin tone, eye and eyebrow colouring and definition.

I'm not even going to comment because it's so much uglier without make up.

In conclusion I have FIVE contentions.

C#1: MAKE-UP ONLY EVER MAKES A WOMAN LOOK WORSE WHEN NOT APPLIED AS MAKE-UP SHOULD

If applied correctly there is simply no way that a woman's natural beauty can outdo her make-up look.

C#2: IT ONLY HARMS SKIN IF USING PHONY COMPANIES.

The regulations that make-up industries are put through to ensure that all products have been put through brutal testing to make sure that even a baby can take it is immense. They could be prosecuted for millions if even one person develops an allergic reaction (assuming they don't have something extreme like eczema already which if you suffer from it it's a bad idea to put powder or chemicals on your skin).

C#3: EVEN NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL MINORITY OF WOMEN STILL LOOK BETTER WITH MAKE-UP BECAUSE IT ENHANCES WHAT IS ALREADY THERE

Even if your genetics leave you lucky enough to have nothing to hide or conceal with make-up. The ability of make-up to enhance what is already there is undeniably better than the natural look because anything, enhanced is by definition better.

C#4: OUT OF THE TWO FUNCTIONS OF MAKE-UP THE FIRST IS UNDENIABLY TRUE

The primary function of make-up is to make a woman (or transvestite male) appear more attractive to others.

This has been proven to have been met by even natural beauties such as Britney Spears.

C#5: OUT OF THE TWO FUNCTIONS OF MAKE-UP THE SECOND IS ALSO MET OFTEN AND IS VERY IMPORTANT TO A WOMAN'S WELL-BEING AND EVEN MALES IN THE SHOW-BUSINESS INDUSTRY.

When a woman has to impress a guy she likes, impress an employer at a job interview, feel confident enough to wear that slightly daring outfit for a party the immediate response of most women is to feel insecure. Out of the two genders, men are the ones who are forced by nature to be cocky, arrogant and self-assured in their beauty (and even many of them are extremely insecure). However culturally, in almost every culture especially that of Arabs, women are told to be the more concealed, insecure and modest gender and this social culturing leaves them in a delicate state about their appearance.

Let me give you some quotes about make-up.

http://www.goodreads.com...

“I love the confidence that makeup gives me.” Tyra Banks

“‎Lipstick is really magical. It holds more than a waxy bit of color - it holds the promise of a brilliant smile, a brilliant day, both literally and figuratively.” Roberta Gately

“There are no ugly women, only lazy ones” Helena Rubinstein

“Earlier, watching her apply mascara with ritual concentration, he'd wondered just how beautiful a woman had to be before she believed it.” Alison Fell

Women are naturally insecure beings, as are most men too. However, most men are insecure about lack of muscle or general fitness levels and so are very free to enter a fitness program using protein shakes if they so wish. Women are constantly in their natural state and to counter the stress and feelings of being inferior to others for an interview, a party or perhaps daily life some women NEED just a some LITTLE THING to make them feel "Hey babe, relax you're wearing make-up there's no way you're ugly now" and to put that beautiful smile back on their face as they strut over and kiss the guy of their dreams without feeling a shudder of disgust at the fact that they are so barely flaunting their flawed features.

Natural beauty isn't better than make-up it's the option one has when not wearing make up or being unable to get hold of it.
Shynar

Pro

Yeah, those pictures look much better with make up, rather than without. But all those Hollywood stars were using make up before, consequently as I said in round 1, the skin tone changes, quality of the skin decreases and ultimately wrinkles appear, that is why they look so unpleasantly. Also, due to the degradation of property of the skin and because of their position in society, nowadays they HAVE TO apply make up to do not look ugly in front of the camera.

The tip for you, if you will not apply the make up form the begining, your skin tone will never look like those superstars'.

And you said that your future wife WILL wear make up, but there can be an accident, that you can marry the one beautiful, gorgeous girl, but after the marriage, when she will be tired of applying the make up, you will see the natural, real in other words, beauty and will be shocked such as at this pictures :

http://media.tumblr.com...
http://i2.asntown.net...
and
http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

At all these pictures Asians are applying make up so perfectly, as I condole the husbands of their. They can totally change their faces but is not good anymore.

The another fact, why make up is no good, is that it hurts animals all over the world. Because as you know probably, the make up goods are tested firstly on animals, and only then we can buy them. All of these, is due to the money, according to the expression " human beings are worst animals in the world".

So, don't you feel sorry for the animals that did nothing for us?!

The last but not least argument is that rather than spending money for the make up, you can collect all of them and give them as a charity, so becoming better person than you are.

Concluding, I am a woman who is not wearing the make up, nevertheless this fact, I am looking after it. And looking pretty good.
LatentDebater

Con

I shall repost all three of your links for my debat because ironically all three actually prove that make-up is better than natural beauty.

http://media.tumblr.com...
http://i2.asntown.net...
and
http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

Lovely now that is over.

My opponent has not addressed any of the five contentions I porposed in round one so I shall re-iterate all five and then counter her round two debate.

C#1: MAKE-UP ONLY EVER MAKES A WOMAN LOOK WORSE WHEN NOT APPLIED AS MAKE-UP SHOULD.

C#3: EVEN NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL MINORITY OF WOMEN STILL LOOK BETTER WITH MAKE-UP BECAUSE IT ENHANCES WHAT IS ALREADY THERE.

C#4: OUT OF THE TWO FUNCTIONS OF MAKE-UP THE FIRST IS UNDENIABLY TRUE.

Okay, so now I shall counter her arguments.

My opponent's opening line was " those pictures look much better with make up, rather than without." So she has conceded to both case studies adn I thank her for having the sense to do so.

Then she goes on to rebut this point by stating "But all those Hollywood stars were using make up before, consequently as I said in round 1, the skin tone changes, quality of the skin decreases and ultimately wrinkles appear, that is why they look so unpleasantly." She supplies us with no evidence for this claim. Essentially what is being said is that although everything I stated in round one is true, the only reason make-up makes these women look better is that they are ugly due to using make-up. If people became uglier due to using make-up then why is make-up legally moitored vigiliantly by traine dprofessionals for safety testing?

She also says "the make up goods are tested firstly on animals" In the more economically developed countries this simply isn't the case.

Perhaps I should give evidence for this.

I think USA is very similar to UK and the EU but the best articles I could find were for these nations.

http://tinyurl.com...

Shynar

Pro

Shynar forfeited this round.
Posted by RamonSindo 3 years ago
RamonSindo
Yeah I agree natural Beauty is much better than the makeup,as e makeup wont last forever,what will last is you natural beauty.
http://iloveno1.com...
Vote Placed by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
ShynarLatentDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's photos showed women with makeup look better than woman without makeup if the makeup's skillfully applied, and Pro conceded then forfeited. Pro's sources ran contrary to his resolution.