News Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

9/11 was not an inside job.

darryshan
Free_Th1nker

The evidence for 9/11 being an inside job is factually deceiving, and requires many assumptions. For example, claims that the buildings fell at freefall speeds ignore the obvious debris that fell faster than the collapse, seen in this image: http://i.imgur.com/ny6BLbn.png Also, claims that WTC 7 was destroyed in a controlled demolition do not take into account any of the information from the NIST report which explored WHY the buildings fell. The investigation showed that the load bearing s...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Iraq war

Muhammad_ali123
dexterbeagle

The Iraq War began on March 20, 2003 with the invasion of Iraq by troops from the United States and Great Britain. This war has also come to be known by several other names including Operation Iraqi Freedom and the Second Gulf War. Before the invasion, the government of the United States claimed that there was a possibility that Iraq was storing weapons of mass destruction that posed a threat to the wellbeing of the United States and other nations. The United Nations asked Iraq to cooperate w...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

The war the U.S. Is fighting on terrorism will not come to an end to terrorism

Chargers
brant.merrell

I believe that the war on terrorism is completely pointless and does not have an outcome where terrorism will be completely abolished. First round is for acceptance...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Masonic(7,74) Code(4): GOD=7_4, 7/4=July 4th. Freemasons laid dow the BIGGEST code in history!

Brad_Watson.Miami
farm3r

GOD=7_4 whereas G is the 7th letter, a circle, D is 4. The ancients observed the 7 Classical Planets: Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and 4 of thee don't cast shadows on Earth (Venus does)/4 can't be easily seen during the day (Venus can be). There are 4 lunar phases roughly 7 days (~7.4 days) each varying due to apogee and perigee. Lunar year + 7 day week +4 days = 365 day solar year. Mars has a 47 year cycle where it retu...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The new Pantene ad feminist ad "not sorry" is a terrible ad and a bad influence of feminism.

le-wingnister
toughenough

The recent Pantene campaign "Sorry, not sorry" encourages women to not apologize. I find this ad wrong in many levels, affecting both reputation of feminism and modern society negatively first round acceptance only. this will be my first debate on debate.org note: I am a english as second language speaker. http://youtu.be/rzL-vdQ3ObA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzL-vdQ3ObA...

0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Should the death penalty be used on violent criminals?

DestinyFate
Scarmiglione

Death simply is too fast, and does not teach a lesson to criminals. The death penalty would take away just ONE criminal life for many other lives that were killed by it. There should be a non-violent punishment(like making dangerous criminals go to a soundproof dark room for one day, and then keeping them in prison). A life-sentence without parole is also a good way to teach criminals their lesson....

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

guns

miffex44
FuzzyCatPotato

This will be short, as I have not much to say. Guns should be melted down and destroyed as they are they main cause of deaths in the United States of America....

2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Should we stop gay People?

46T.OP
debateking69

from the begging of the creation. God made them male and female(marki 10:6-7)...

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Printed journalism is still a relevant and worthwhile medium

samsvo
Dishoungh

This debate is over whether printed journalism (i.e magazines, newspapers) are worthwhile and relevant in this heavily technologically developed age. I am pro and my opponent is con. Instead of defining "worthwhile" and "relevant" individually, I will make the claim that, if printed journalism were to cease to exist, it would have a large and mainly negative effect on the world as a whole. Con will be arguing that, if such a thing were to happen, there would be a small or largel...

3 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Whose pokemon team would win?

yomama12
Kyuubi22

I have changed my team up since my last pokemon match on here, so.. We will each state are pokemon in such order: Pokemon, ablity/held item move 1 move 2 move 3 move 4 we will state two pokemon each round, and the last round shall be how you can defeat each of the opposing team's pokemon. First round for acceptance only....

7 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago