davidrichtenburg
SPENCERJOYAGE14

nike Vs. adidas

Started: 10/29/2013 Category: Fashion

davidrichtenburg

Pro

nike is boss
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for challenging me to this debate round. :D

Because my opponent never told us who he was for, I will start out by choosing Nike.

From my opponent's statement, "Nike is boss" he has already conceded that I am to win.

Now before I begin this round I would like to set up the definitions to create this debating atmosphere:

Nike: In Greek religion, the goddess of victory, daughter of the giant Pallas and of the infernal River Styx. Nike probably did not originally have a separate cult at Athens. As an attribute of both Athena, the goddess of wisdom, and the chief god, Zeus, Nike was represented in art as a small figure carried in the hand by those divinities. Athena Nike was always wingless; Nike alone was winged. She also appears carrying a palm branch, wreath, or Hermes staff as the messenger of victory. Nike is also portrayed erecting a trophy, or, frequently, hovering with outspread wings over the victor in a competition; for her functions referred to success not only in war but in all other undertakings. Indeed, Nike gradually came to be recognized as a sort of mediator of success between gods and men.

Adidas: Adidas is the modern god of flying footwear. He is interconnected to the great flying spaghetti monster and he cannot do anything but eat butter toast and say, "Cool bro, Nike is totally cool."

[1] http://www.britannica.com...
[2] The Book of Obvious Information " Rebekah Murillo

At the end of this debate I implore you to vote con. :)
davidrichtenburg

Pro

I reject your reality and Substitute my own by saying that you are ill informed. I stand by my statement of Nike is boss. Quality is the main issue that should be brought up. Nike was started by a pro track athlete. Adidas was greater by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Nike is a goddess, Adidas is a god.

I anxiously await your rebuttal
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

It looks as if my opponent is not debating the same topic as I am, as you can see he is still conceding the argument, and he looks as if he would like to change the topic to absolute truths. But obviously he cannot do that. Because of his failure to up hold his place in this debate round I implore you, the judge, to vote negative.
davidrichtenburg

Pro

Well.........., Nike still makes the superior product, so ya
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

SPENCERJOYAGE14 forfeited this round.
Posted by jesusfreak22 3 years ago
jesusfreak22
It seems that the pro didn't choose a side. All his arguements were "nike is boss". That doesn't make logicall sense. Spencer did a very good job with conducting arguements!
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Sorry I forfeited! I had a real debate tournament that I was at and didn't make the time limit. :(
Posted by davidrichtenburg 3 years ago
davidrichtenburg
by what measure are you gaging Adidas success? also Nike makes better products in design and functionality.
Posted by MattsDebate 3 years ago
MattsDebate
Count yourselves lucky that I am not able to destroy your arguments. Also referring to the topic, you never specified what product you were referring to or if you mean the success of the business. Also Adidas would win because they are successful and still up keep their social responsibilities by not exploiting overseas child labour. Nike is disgusting.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
I know right, the goddess Nike is better then the god adidas anytime.
Posted by kortneeblairsit 3 years ago
kortneeblairsit
nike !!!!