cmerksick
mondaynightdebator

no littering

Started: 11/7/2013 Category: Economics

cmerksick

Pro

Several states, including Iowa, have started "No Litter" programs. Iowa found it cost taxpayers $13.5 million annually to clean up litter and debris. So three years ago, according to the magazine, a concerned group teamed up with Iowa law enforcement and started a campaign that has dropped those costs considerably.
When someone spots a litterbug, the offended person calls 1-800-NOLITTR and reports the offender"s license number. Then, a polite but pointed letter is sent to that driver"s address stating, "A citizen reported seeing you littering." It points out the annual cost to taxpayers and says "we"d appreciate your cooperation."
This program alleviates the need for personal contact and any potential confrontation between the litterer and the observer. Many Iowans, the magazine reports, now have the "No Litter" number programmed on their cellphones for fast action.
mondaynightdebator

Con

Well First I would like to invite my opponent to write this next round without plagiarizing an article (http://gazettextra.com...)
your arguments should be your own words not something taking word from word from another web site.

That being said however let me start by saying I am not for littering, This of course raises the obvious question as to why I would debate this on a "con" side. Well the answer is easy. In fact its so easy it can be found in my opponents opening copied argument.

This "service" does absolutely nothing to help solve the problem, and costs the taxpayer an extra unnecessary cost.
Simply stated the taxpayer pays additional costs for things such as postage, envelopes, paper, printing and so on, however at the end of the day the litter is still there. So now the tax payer also has to still pay for someone to go clean that.

and my second argument is that there are already other services in place to help the problem for much less cost to the tax-payer such as adopt a highway.
cmerksick

Pro

cmerksick forfeited this round.
mondaynightdebator

Con

my arguments still stand and my opponent forfeited this round still waiting on his reply
cmerksick

Pro

cmerksick forfeited this round.
mondaynightdebator

Con

mondaynightdebator forfeited this round.
Posted by yo7ossam 3 years ago
yo7ossam
i just want to know how can anyone support litter it is very bad for the community and your picture in front of people
Posted by The_River 3 years ago
The_River
Cheetah, your comment made me laugh so hard.
Posted by Cheetah 3 years ago
Cheetah
How is someone going to support littering?