fitz
Puck

no matter what race or religion: we should all be treated the same

Puck

fitz

Pro

thank you to who ever accents my challenge.

in Canada people of native backgrounds are the highest concern.

if a Caucasian and a man with native backgrounds were to apply for the same job with the same qualifications the man with native backgrounds would have to be chosen over the Caucasian. now this makes no scence.

neither does the fact that they don't even have to pay taxes. it they are not working a full time job they get paid for every child they have and they also do not have to pay taxes.

which I think should not be the case. if you are a Canadian citizen you should treated like every other Canadian citizen.
Puck

Con

To assert all people ought be treated the same, is to say no one person may be more valuable to me than another. That I, anyone, must not judge a person's qualities, or rationalise what interest they may present.

People are not equal, nature does not grant, for instance, equality in beauty, intelligence. Individuals are not automatons, and the use of individual decisions lead to different choices, outcomes, beliefs and virtue. Men are not equal, they should not be treated as a null state upon which the slate of decision is rendered. It is an attempt to demand that one individual is as valueless as another, that I should treat each person as an equal end to my own purposes.

This is rubbish. Equal results do not arise from unequal conditions, there is no equal reward from unequal action. It demands I cannot act upon my own reason, to forward my own desires. That A is not A.

"if a Caucasian and a man with native backgrounds were to apply for the same job with the same qualifications the man with native backgrounds would have to be chosen over the Caucasian. now this makes no scence."

Instead you offer an alternative? Choosing another ethnicity 'white'? It is the same premise you seem to abhor, and otherwise only resolved by the flip of a coin. If they are equal, truly equal (doubtful - performance can be reviewed after hire, reasoned to a limited extent in the hiring process), then it matters not to the employer who he hires - and it's his business that is pertinent, not those asking to be hired, in such a decision. Even so, an employer should be free to discriminate as to whom he/she hires, they bear the costs if the choice is wrong, and the state has no business in demanding who one should hire.

As to taxes, that's easily resolved as I advocate neither should pay, not adding additional theft to state endorsed crime.
fitz

Pro

i'm not saying that we ARE equal, i'm sayibg we should be treated as equals.

just think. if we were to be treated as though we were 100% equal, there would have been half as many wars. and our world right now would be a much better place.

discirmination is still happening to day. if it wasent, the united states would have pulled out of iraq a long time ago and canada would have no reason to be in afhganistan.

and a lot of wars were started because of different beliefs and religons. if we found a way to cope with the fact that other people believe other things. even the holocaust could have been avoided.
Puck

Con

"i'm not saying that we ARE equal"

Fantastic.

" i'm sayibg we should be treated as equals."

Not so fantastic. Why should unequal individuals be treated as equal? Why should I expect equal return from unequal performance? Why *should* I be forced to treat all people as null value? It's anathema to my own ends, my own purposes if I do.

"just think. if we were to be treated as though we were 100% equal, there would have been half as many wars. and our world right now would be a much better place."

ipse dixit

If we were all treated as equal we would still be trading sea shells for things we wanted, by virtue of nothing being of more value and not seeking those of value, who produce at a better rate, those things desirable.

"discirmination is still happening to day. if it wasent, the united states would have pulled out of iraq a long time ago"

What?

"and canada would have no reason to be in afhganistan."

Canada is an ally with other occupying forces in that country. Should they be there, no, though discriminating against the Taliban is useful, unless you consider their rhetoric, aims and purposes equal.

"and a lot of wars were started because of different beliefs and religons."

Yes. If someone invades a country I reside in, I would hope the controlling government would adequately discriminate between citizens and invaders and not offer them welfare.

"if we found a way to cope with the fact that other people believe other things. even the holocaust could have been avoided."

Irrelevant. Judging different beliefs against a standard =/= war. If you want to consider global genocide valid with say the concept of individual rights, and treat those who hold those views as equal, then go ahead. Don't expect me to do the same however, don't expect me to treat them the same.
fitz

Pro

fitz forfeited this round.
Puck

Con

Forfeits really don't make good rebuttals.
Posted by aarshiata 8 years ago
aarshiata
Its logical here.
No-one can choose their religion, background or nationality. Nor can any one make a big deal out of it.
it shall be taken in pure sense that ones adaption of grammar or looks can be exempted.

Not in this case,

when you face the real world, you will surely find unusual remarks on the basis of what you are.
sometimes, people relish hurting a persons feeling, making them feel lower than what they are and also on the type of language they speak.

We all are individuals, we don't have two self's. When someone points us, its the word 'I' who feels bad.
Posted by SirAntonyP 8 years ago
SirAntonyP
This is a no-brain-er,
Treat others with respect you don't need to love them all the same you can still love your girl and treat others with respect, you just need not be a d1ck to everyone, like i said a no-brain-er.
Vote Placed by TheSkeptic 8 years ago
TheSkeptic
fitzPuckTied