Ilona
Sojourner

no rules debate

Sojourner

Ilona

Pro

I am bored an this is a no rules debate, so you can debate me on anything. This is a free debate. Please try to make it fun and interesting. And do not be inappropriate.
Sojourner

Con

OK, here goes. Men should not have to put down the toilet seat. If I go into the bathroom and the toilet seat is down, I have no problem lifting it up to do my buisness. Women should easily be able to put it down when they need to shake the dew of their lilly.
Ilona

Pro

Thank you for accepting :)

I must disagree with you. I think that is nasty what if you guys miss and your junk goes all over the seat? I think that it should be down and if ya miss you take care of it.
Sojourner

Con

I think Con is missing the mark (so to speak). The question is not one of accuracy. I agree if one is inaccurate, one must clean up after one's self. However, assuming that a guy lifts the seat before firing, and assuming that any errantly aimed "junk" is promptly cleaned up, I don't see why the seat has to be put back down. It is simply in inefficient waste of time and energy after using energy in generating waste.

Let us imagine for a moment a household of one man (M), one woman (W) and one bathroom. Let us assume that both parties frequent the toilet equally. I realize this is far from reality since women spend so much time in the bathroom, but it is for the sake of the argument. Since "going #1" is done at a greater rate than #2, let us also assume that both parties go #1 (P) six times a day and go #2 (S) two times a day (PM=6, SM=2, PW=6, SW=2). The total number of bathroom visits is 16. Now, if one leaves the seat in the position of last use, it will result in a higher number of instances that the seat is left down. The seat is left up only six times (PM) compared to the 10 instances where the seat is left down (SM+PW+SW). The seat is left down an overwhelming 62.5% of the time compared to a paltry 37.5 % when it is left up. Based on these statistics, one wonders why seat position has become such an emotionally charged issue with women.
Ilona

Pro

Ilona forfeited this round.
Sojourner

Con

Arguments extended.
Ilona

Pro

I still think its nasty
Sojourner

Con

It is a question of efficiency
Posted by Sojourner 3 years ago
Sojourner
Good call ESocial. I'll see what I can pull from Anthony Weiner's website.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
1. Well this is awkward... 2. CON should provide a source...
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
what a weird debate.
Posted by Technition 3 years ago
Technition
The only way junk would get all over the seat, is if it was down -__-
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
IlonaSojournerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con has effectively argued that men should not have to lower the seat through a mathematical formula. Points Con. Forfeit of one round - conduct to con.