InfiniteBears
kyudisease

number 8 is better than number 6

InfiniteBears
Started: 1/2/2014 Category: Funny

InfiniteBears

Pro

8 is better than 6 I'll prove.

round one is acceptance.
kyudisease

Con

I thank my opponent for the interesting topic and gladly accept.

Fair warning: You made an all inclusive statement and took the burden of proof upon yourself. I need only point out a single instance in which 6 is better, or greater, than 8 to win the debate.
InfiniteBears

Pro

Thanks for accepting.

8 is just not a number. It represents a lot of different symbols that I will explain in my main argument.

Main argument.
8 has an endless road of possibilities. You will never fall off track. You may find your self on a curvy path but you will always find that straight away to the center of your goal.

Sub arguments.
6 is the broken 8. You will either fall of into the void if no possibilities, or keep circling back to where you started.

In the next round for my conclusion I will explain more in depth that 8 is better than 6.
kyudisease

Con

I thank my opponent for a view of 8 and 6 in a metaphysical sense.

I have chosen to show the superiority of the number 6 in academia:

6 is the smallest positive integer which is neither a square number nor a prime number. Six is the smallest perfect number,
As a perfect number:
6 is related to the Mersenne prime 3, since 21(22 - 1) = 6. (The next perfect number is 28.)
6 is the only even perfect number that is not the sum of successive odd cubes.
As a perfect number, 6 is the root of the 6-aliquot tree, and is itself the aliquot sum of only one number; the square number, 25.
Six is the only number that is both the sum and the product of three consecutive positive numbers.
Unrelated to 6 being a perfect number, a Golomb ruler of length 6 is a "perfect ruler." Six is a congruent number.
Six is the first discrete biprime (2.3) and the first member of the (2.q) discrete biprime family.
Six is a unitary perfect number, a harmonic divisor number and a highly composite number. The next highly composite number is 12.
5 and 6 form a Ruth-Aaron pair under either definition.
The smallest non-abelian group is the symmetric group S3 which has 3! = 6 elements.
S6, with 720 elements, is the only finite symmetric group which has an outer automorphism. This automorphism allows us to construct a number of exceptional mathematical objects such as the S(5,6,12) Steiner system, the projective plane of order 4 and the Hoffman-Singleton graph. A closely related result is the following theorem: 6 is the only natural number n for which there is a construction of n isomorphic objects on an n-set A, invariant under all permutations of A, but not naturally in 1-1 correspondence with the elements of A. This can also be expressed category theoretically: consider the category whose objects are the n element sets and whose arrows are the bijections between the sets. This category has a non-trivial functor to itself only for n=6.
http://en.wikipedia.org...(number)

I believe that the above information constitutes a significant doubt as to the supposed superiority of the number 8 over the number 6. I have illustrated that, in at least some circumstances, 6 is superior to 8.
InfiniteBears

Pro

Another main argument.

8 in science.
-Element 8 (oxygen) We would not be taking apart in this debate if WE didn't have element 8 (oxygen) for us to breathe. Us humans can generally only survive two minutes without oxygen. Basically we rely on element 8 every day.

Sub arguments.
Lets take a look at the number 6 in religion.
-666 is the mark of the beast. It represents the impurities of man and their evildoing's and sinful ways. It invokes Satan and it's all around a bad number in religion.

I can also go into mathematics but I feel that math equations and formulas don't make numbers superior to each other, since every number has significance in mathematics. All digits work together. If a digit became extinct then all of the other digits wouldn't be able to work properly.

"6 is related to the Mersenne prime 3, since 21(22 - 1) = 6. (The next perfect number is 28.)"
-If the number 8 was not existing, then this statement wouldn't be true. Proving that all digits work together in mathematics

But I will go there in this aspect.
-Take the number 8 and flip it onto its side. What symbol do you get? the symbol is infinity. 8 has infinite possibilities and that is what I have shown.

http://www.webelements.com...
http://factsfactory.blogspot.com...
kyudisease

Con

I thank my opponent for being so speedy with his arguments and inviting me to participate.

I believe that I have achieved my argument, namely to show that there are situations in which 8 is Not better than six.

A quote from my opponent:
"I can also go into mathematics but I feel that math equations and formulas don't make numbers superior to each other, since every number has significance in mathematics. All digits work together. If a digit became extinct then all of the other digits wouldn't be able to work properly."

My opponent proposes here that there is No superiority among numbers relative to mathematics. He himself is stating that there is a circumstance in which 8 is Not better.

Thank you again for the debate.
Posted by Iamthejuan 3 years ago
Iamthejuan
When I first read the title, I thought pro was trying to trap con.

I would have said

1. "better" is a sub-definition of "greater"
2. "Numerically speaking, 8 is greater than 6.
.:/ The number 8 is better than the number 6.

But what do I know?
Posted by kyudisease 3 years ago
kyudisease
@InfiniteBears

I think black_squirrel summed it up pretty well...
Posted by kyudisease 3 years ago
kyudisease
@ black_squirrel

You need to participate in 3 debates and link a cell# to get a code in the form of a text which you use on the site to confirm your identity. I found this out when I tried to vote myself, it will redirect you to the requisites. Thanks for the comment.
Posted by black_squirrel 3 years ago
black_squirrel
nothing can be better than perfect.
6 is a perfect number.
So 8 cannot be better than 6.

QED

Ill vote for con once I get my voting rights.

How can I get voting rights?
I did not get a text message.
I send a message to Administrators - no response.
What the hell should I do?
Posted by InfiniteBears 3 years ago
InfiniteBears
" I need only point out a single instance in which 6 is better, or greater, than 8 to win the debate."
Your argument was only on mathematics. I successfully refuted that argument.
Posted by kyudisease 3 years ago
kyudisease
@ GarretKadeDupre

"8 is better than 6 I'll prove." My opponents own words first round. How is that statement anything but: Taking the burden of proof that "8 is better than 6"?

Not in the metaphysical sense, not on the periodic table, not in mathematics.... NO he didn't specify any area, by lack thereof, he is stating that 8 is better than 6 in ALL circumstances and saying he can prove it...

WHAT is everyone missing here?!?
Posted by kyudisease 3 years ago
kyudisease
The voter robbed me, I At Least had spelling and grammar.
Posted by kyudisease 3 years ago
kyudisease
You seem not to understand. For you to win this debate YOU have to prove that the number 8 is superior to the number 6 IN EVERY situation, Not just as good, but always better, all inclusive, That is the way you worded it. And you failed to do so.
Posted by InfiniteBears 3 years ago
InfiniteBears
The comments wont take the specific site for some reason
Posted by InfiniteBears 3 years ago
InfiniteBears
http://en.wikipedia.org...(number)

This link might work better
Vote Placed by Iamthejuan 3 years ago
Iamthejuan
InfiniteBearskyudiseaseTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was an interesting debate to read through, and a humorous one at that. Both of you did well in arguing your stances. In the end, con defeated pro by using his own statement against him. Pro used 2 more sources, but they were popular sources and Con's argument from mathematical principles seems much more relevant to the debate itself.
Vote Placed by GarretKadeDupre 3 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
InfiniteBearskyudiseaseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow, Pro blew my mind a couple times lol, what with how 6 is a broken 8, 8 is infinity, we need the 8th element to survive, and the crushing blow: 666 is the devil's number! LOL! Con's statement about the burden of proof in the first round was simply not true, and because of this he wasted the last round.
Vote Placed by kawaii_crazy 3 years ago
kawaii_crazy
InfiniteBearskyudiseaseTied
Reasons for voting decision: InfiniteBears had more convincing arguments. He gave a proper conclusion and explored all aspects of the number 8: philosophy, mathematics, and religion while kyudisease kept to basing his arguments on mathematics only. InfiniteBears also used sources other than Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not very reliable due to the fact that anyone can add any kind of information at anytime, anywhere.