advidiun
ANSmith

obama should be president

ANSmith

advidiun

Con

obama. an unexperianced, inconsistent liar. Barrack Obama should not be the next president of the united states. he has no experiance to validate his candacy and wouldn't have ever even been a senator had he faced any real opponent.people vote for obama because he is change but what they dont realize is that there is no real need for change. though our economy went through some rough patches it went right back on track and is now rapidly improving unlike Obama John Mccain will continue this plan and bring wealth and prosperity to our country again. with John Mccain as president we can once again pee upon the canadian dollar.
ANSmith

Pro

"obama. an unexperianced, inconsistent liar."

-- Experience is not a valid argument against Obama. Ronald Reagan, 1 of the great American presidents of our time, was an actor b4 he ran 4 president. No experience; however, he has gone down in history as a great leader. So experience is irrelevant.

Liar? This coming from the mouth of someone who supports John McCain, who has consistently twisted the truth & spread lies throughout his campaign?

1. McCain said in an ad that Obama wasn't a family man because his half brother was living in a shack. Obama has never met his half brother. & his brother lives in a very nice shack...for someone who lives in AFRICA!
2. I'm sure u're aware of the lipstick controversy in which Obama, referring to McCain's economic policy stated, "you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig." Meaning that u can doll it up, but it's still what it is. McCain decides 2 run & say that Obama was referring 2 Sarah Palin as a pig. The lie is so huge, that even the REPUBLICANS r saying that this is ridiculous.
3. McCain accused Romney of telling an interviewer in April 2007 that he favored a secret timetable for withdrawal of troops from Iraq. In fact, Romney said the United States & the Iraqi president should discuss the possibility of private milestones & timetables for Iraq.
4. McCain accused Romney of changing his position on important issues; however, after the DNC, McCain has suddenly become the candidate of change" Hypocritical?

"and [he] wouldn't have ever even been a senator had he faced any real opponent."

--this is simply an opinion. Unless u can back this up, it's irrelevant.

"people vote for obama because he is change but what they dont realize is that there is no real need for change."

--no real need for change? The economy has not improved as you say it has. Health insurance is astronomically high, the job market is terrible, groceries are more expensive, & the rising gas prices.

pee upon the Canad
advidiun

Con

Thank you for accepting this debate i hope its a good one.

you make the point that ronald reagan had little experiance considering he was an actor before he became president
ronald reagan was an actor before he became president but ronald reagan had also served 2 terms as gov. of california before he ran for president. also reagan had been a well known spokesperson for republican candidates and had been involved in the political system for many years before his presidency.

-John Mccain is the liar
Though John Mccain does occasionally twist the truth you cannot say that Barrack obama has not done the same. When asked what he would consider middle class to tax less then upper class he stated he would not tax middleclass lees then upperclass. if he did have to choose he would say someone making less then 5 million a year. he then proceeded to say that the previous statement would be misqouted and used against him. and he was right. the statement that was obviously misunderstood has been twisted to support the democrats. And just to finish my point, wich of the 2 candidates has been guilty of plagerism?

-the economy is not improving
i would like to start by saying that my computers home page is fox news.com and almost every morning there is a statement involving the improving economy.

-the job market is terrible
Many people blame the high unemployment rate on a "bad job market" but in reality the blame belongs to the shrinking graduation rate. Why should the government spend its money and time on those who did not bother to spend any of their money and time on themselves. if they wont help themselves they dont deserve help. i dont want to hear any argument that they couldnt afford to graduate. todays public schools are free admission and cost so little in supplies a hobo could graduate.

-the oil prices are rising
The oil prices have been shrinking! prattvilles oil price is only high due to the recently closed refinery
ANSmith

Pro

plagiarism? I'm pretty sure I have no clue what you are talking about. However, McCain has now come out and said that Obama "doesn't get it". Maybe Obama should get a copyright on what he says, considering McCain is changing his entire platform, in order to turn the campaign into a "who should I believe" race.

also, I am well aware that Reagan served 2 terms as Gov. of California and was a well known spokesperson. And Obama has been in the political system for 11 years before running for his presidency. So experience still is irrelevant.

-- making less then 5 million a year

No matter how you slice it, dice it, or doll it up, making less than 5 million a year HARDLY covers the middle class. In fact, it isn't even close! No matter how the Democrats might "twist it" as you so fervently believe, the truth still remains that McCain made the statement. 5 million is not middle class, that's the truth. That doesn't require any twisting to realize.

Shrinking graduation rate is the cause of a bad job market.

-- my friend, this would be correct when speaking about big business companies and such that require their employees to have at least graduated high school. However restaurants, department stores, etc. do not require their employees to have graduated. However, they are rarely hiring. In fact, many companies over hire then have to fire those that they can't afford to pay. Also, since the economy is obviously better, then the 80,000+ jobs lost this year and unemployment reaching 5.1% (a 3-year high) isn't anything worth noting.

-- gas prices are rising.
When I said the gas prices are rising, I wasn't referring to the jump in gas prices in Alabama due to Hurricane Ike. That is understandable considering Houston shut down their refineries. Before Ike, gas was still an average of $3.68 a gallon. And in parts of the USA, it's an average of $4.00 or more. There was a period was gas was going down, but now it's back up. even before Ike.

But let's get on
advidiun

Con

If you dont know enough about your candidate to know what im talking about when i say plagerism how can you say any of points are valid. what im talking about when i say plagerism is the nationwide scandal when Barrack Obama stole a piece of pres.bill clintons speech. during his terms Pres. Bill Clinton gave a speech. Barrack Obama stole several lines of that speech and used them during the primaries. He gave no credit to clinton and claimed it as his own. How you could have missed out on that info i cant imagine. Maybe sum more research?

-5 million is not middle class

I did not in any way say 5 million is middle class. as senator mccain said himself he MISPOKE.
the democrats then proceeded to do just what he said they would, which is twist it and use it against him.

-shrinking graduation rate is not the cause of high unemployment rates

what u stated about this made no sense. what im saying is that the large amount of jobs needed to supply all of these non-graduates is an impossible feat. there are many higher ranking jobs but not enough educated people to fill them. if more people graduated they could take these higher ranking jobs and unemployment rates woul rapidly shrink.

-gas prices are rising.
youre right gas prices are ridiculously high right now but they were even higher previously. go to this website and look at the average of th u.s. over the past few weeks
eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_home_page.html

i thank you for debating.
for my final statement i tell you that my opponent is not knowledgable enough to be a valid source of information. she also continues to back up her arguments.
The choice is clear vote con
ANSmith

Pro

I knew he used parts of Clinton's speech, but I didn't think of it as plagiarism. It is a common practice 4 candidates 2 use past quotes from others. However, this in no way justifies how McCain is "plagiarizing" his entire campaign off Obama. He's suddenly the candidate of change and Obama suddenly doesn't get it. Parts of a speech or lying to the public 4 the vote? hmm. sounds like you're ignorant to your "innocent" McCain's guilt.

McCain has made the statement about 5 million middle class multiple times, not just once. So to say that he misquoted and the Democrats are using it against him is not a valid argument because he has said it on multiple occasions.

Shrinking graduation rate is not the cause of the job market in terms of lower end jobs. I understand with bigger companies; however, when extended to the lower end jobs, finding a job is still very difficult.

I thank you for debating.
for my final statement I will tell you that my opponent has in no way proven that Obama should or should not be president. Half the debate was spent on the economy. And the only mention in comparison of Obama and McCain he has made is the fact that Obama used part of Clinton's speech & therefore he should not receive the nomination. He has not made any mention of the policies of these two men, he failed to rebut some of my points, & he has failed to compare the two on the basis that one is better suited for the presidency.

As a debater, I have rebutted the points he made about the economy, gas etc., however he failed to adhere to the thesis of this debate 'obama should [not] be president'. I stated that he should get back on topic, however he continued to argue with the economy. So I rebutted the points made. Since the debate was only 2,000 characters, rebuttals allowed no room for a change in subject, such as why Obama is better suited for the presidency. Perhaps my opponent should have picked an economic-based debate, since he argued so fervently.

the cho
Posted by johnnyrockit 8 years ago
johnnyrockit
http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

There is an article there that states that Barrack Obama actually met his brother twice. One of those times was just 2 years ago. It also has many statements from his brother himself, read those and than determine whether he is living in a "nice shack for Africa," on about $1 a month by the way.

This was a ridiculous debate if I can call it that, and although I do agree with conservative on this specific topic, I think it is pretty sad the way he voices his opinion. Someone with real conservative values wouldn't have to think twice. Choose your words more carefully Conservative.
Posted by aaronr8684 8 years ago
aaronr8684
I found it interesting that if you compare gas prices now to gas prices in the 10s and 20s, it's about the same (the dollar adjusted of course), but the price of a car has dropped about $10k in today's dollars. O did I meantion that cars only got in the teens for MPG? Just putting that out there.
Posted by scissorhands7 8 years ago
scissorhands7
To the Smith entity, and to the conservative entity,

I ask you both to stop childishly clogging up this site with your hatred and uttermost disrespect for each other. I do not care who started what or whose fault was whom, however I do request that each of you stop.

1. Making debates suggesting the other should be kicked off www.debate.org
2. Voting against a person simply based on
A. Their Beliefs
B. Your dislike of them.
C. Your prior views on the subject of the debate.

Instead I plead that both of these two groups disband, and vote based on who argued better, had a better argument, and who was more respectful in the debate.

Please do not tarnish the reputation of www.debate.org by acting as poorly as you have so far.

Thank You,
Edward Scissorhands
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 8 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
"- Experience is not a valid argument against Obama. Ronald Reagan, 1 of the great American presidents of our time, "

Ronald "Fed print us more money" Reagan? That socialist? :D
Posted by advidiun 8 years ago
advidiun
hey the_conservative
perhaps your not aware but ansmith is my brothers fiance so if you could not talk to her like that i would really appreciate it.
(not to be taken lightly) (>'o')> <-------8
Posted by Kleptin 8 years ago
Kleptin
This was a fair debate, I found the two sides to be pretty evenly matched. I actually found the new voting system to be very useful in this debate because the points do deserve to be split nearly in two.

Good job PRO and CON.
Posted by the_conservative 8 years ago
the_conservative
Oh i dont mind her opinion its just when she doesnt say things that accord to her debate. When did i say i was "intolerant" of her beliefs? You dont know me. This is America baby these ARE American Ideals. Wow you are gonna stalk me on a website? how lame are you. Whats putting a "scar" on this earth is people who are too soft and cry about everything
Posted by JTSmith 8 years ago
JTSmith
the_conservative
i cannot believe you have to guts to accuse ANsmith of bring this world "downhill" when she has done NOTHING but share her harmless opinion.
Let me tell you what takes good from this world. someone who repetedly harrasses another! Someone who is intolerant of others beliefs! Someone who is so blind that he cant except differences because he is so self diluted in his own fantasies. As a conservative I can only assume u pride urself in alleged "moral superiority". How about having some and showing respect to a lady!
Your harrasment and you negative comments have done NOTHING but bring this website down, and I am sure that most of the people here agree with me.
Your ego and your disrespect not only to ANSmith, but to everyone else on debate.org by spreading negative thoughts and slanderous words is a DISGRACE to American Ideals!!! as well as scar on the face of debate.org
Im gunna watching and if you continue to harass ANYONE on debate.org again I will do everything in my power to insure that you will be unable to, and trust...that IS NOT an empty threat.
Posted by the_conservative 8 years ago
the_conservative
again it's not just your debate. I can make comments if i want.

What are you the group "The Liberal Reporting Gestapos"? do you ally around your little JTSmith friend and report me just because you make stupid comments.? What do you expect when you don't say when Reagan was governor just an actor? Are you that mentally weak? This world is going downhill because of people like you, who cry about everything.
Posted by ANSmith 8 years ago
ANSmith
again, stay out of my debate. and don't make personal remarks to me either. I've already reported you and I know of several others who have as well.
Vote Placed by QoathangerQid 8 years ago
QoathangerQid
advidiunANSmithTied
Vote Placed by advidiun 8 years ago
advidiun
advidiunANSmithTied
Vote Placed by greengrl223 8 years ago
greengrl223
advidiunANSmithTied
Vote Placed by brittwaller 8 years ago
brittwaller
advidiunANSmithTied
Vote Placed by Labrat228 8 years ago
Labrat228
advidiunANSmithTied
Vote Placed by Ineffablesquirrel 8 years ago
Ineffablesquirrel
advidiunANSmithTied
Vote Placed by Phil 8 years ago
Phil
advidiunANSmithTied
Vote Placed by Kleptin 8 years ago
Kleptin
advidiunANSmithTied
Vote Placed by JTSmith 8 years ago
JTSmith
advidiunANSmithTied
Vote Placed by LandonWalsh 8 years ago
LandonWalsh
advidiunANSmithTied