joshua1998
Taylor.Gregory

obama

Taylor.Gregory

joshua1998

Con

Obama should be impeached. He should never have been elected in the first place.
he is a dumb*ss and is destroying this county.
Taylor.Gregory

Pro

While I don't agree with everything Obama has done during his time in office, he's not been the worst president of all time. With that said he hasn't been the best president of all time either.

While you didn't make the topic of debate entirely clear, your opening "argument" does indeed.

Please point out examples that puts Obama in a place to be impeached, why he should have never been elected in the first place, how he is a "dumbass," and how he is destroying the United States.
joshua1998

Con

To start off, I will agree on the best and worst, but under Obama the national debt has increased about 8.75 trillion dollars in 5yrs! Under Bush it was just alittle over 6 in 8yrs! Next under Bush we walked into two wars, and under Obama we ended two wars but is on the edge of WWIII. Civil rights will be my next topic with the majority of the votes came from the south or African American dominate areas when the voting should be based on "agenda " the pres did before, not racial features! The reas.onhe is a dumbass which actually hes bright because he went to Harvard its just how he went about his actions. Obamacare is truincy against life because part of it talks about going against morality and doing abortion which is murder on every level no acceptions! Next is its not affordable unless ur Morgan freeman and is 76 and makes millions anotherwards the upper class and high middle class. Now I have questions. 1. How would u create jobs if u were obama? 2. How would ur future actions counteract past ones such as passing obamacare and doubling the debt? I basically see impeachment becuz he overall has simply failed to do his job and hasn't tried to fix instead he legalizes drugs so he smoke in his office and be a bum that he is!
Taylor.Gregory

Pro

While the national debt is a valid point, Obama is not the soul person responsible for its increase. Constitutionally speaking, he has almost nothing to do with spending other than sign spending bills and the such as congress is in charge of drafting a national budget, borrowing money, and imposing taxes, not the president (United States Constitution, Article 1, Section 8). WIth that said, presidents have been known to push in a certain direction and influence legislation.

Bush thrust the United States into a faux war in Iraq in an effort to get oil contracts for US oil companies, it had nothing to do with WMDs nor Saddam Husain being a dictator as we gave Iraq chemical weapons under the table to use against Iran during the Iran/Iraq war, just like how we, the United States, gave military grade weapons to the Mujahideen to use against the Soviet Union, but then again, this debate isn't about how Operation Iraqi Freedom was a slipshod coverup for oil contracts.

Obama's removal of troops from both Iraq and Afghanistan have in no way but the world on edge of "World War III," simply removing troops after the mission is over does not lead to a global conflict. In Iraq, democratic elections had taken place, and Saddam had been tried and executed by the Iraqi people, even with the underlying quagmire that was the war, that still constituted mission success and the job is done. In Afghanistan, the mission was to "fight terror" (kill or capture Osama Bin Laden and other Al Qaida leaders). Under Obama, a group of navy seals stormed a compound in Pakistan and killed Bin Laden, mission complete, time to leave.

The election of 2004, similar to the election of 2008, was a mad house. The GOP contender was John McCain, a Vietnam war veteran, warmonger, and general moderate Republican. His Democratic contender was Barack Obama, a half black, half white, constitutional law graduate from Harvard. Following the tiniest sliver of information that Obama's father was Kenyan, the ultra right wing exploded into the who "Obama is a Kenyan Muslim," such grips can still be heard form the leader of the birther movement, Donald Trump, who now complains about school transcripts. Race played a role in the election yes, but policy did too, remember Joe the Plumber, and his issue with Obama's idea of a progressive income tax? Race played a role in the election just as age did, Obama being, for all intensive purposes, a black man running for one of, if not the most prestigious seat in the federal government, of course the minorities will support him, some simply because he's black (which in my eyes is the same as supporting a Republican candidate simply because he's affiliated with the GOP), but the Democratic platform, and Obama's ideals were more appealing to minorities as well a young voters. Obama won younger voters not only with his platform, but also his ability to use social media such as Facebook and Twitter, and that skill on behalf of Obama and his campaign staff allowed them to send out their policy ideas and fundraise in ways the GOP couldn't. Obama also ran a much better campaign that his opponents, not only did he beat McCain in the election, but he also beat Hillary Clinton during the primaries, and this shows how well his campaign was structured and carried out.

You're statement about Obama being a "dumbass" doesn't clear anything up (unless it's meant to be a joke about how he's a dumb Democrat, and the symbol for the Democratic party is a donkey).

Now for the topic of Obamacare, or as it's official called, The Affordable Healthcare Act. While I'm not a fan of using the market to solve a market issue, there are very positive things about the law like expanding Medicaid to those who can't afford insurance, making it so that one's insurer cannot deny coverage due to a preexist condition, nor cut insurance for hitting a "spending limit". The AHA prevents insurers from increasing the price of premiums on women simply because they have two "X" chromosomes, allows young adults to stay on their parents' insurance plan until they turn 26, makes insurance plans available across state lines from different vendors, and in the long run, will bring the overly inflated price of healthcare down. The concept of allowing heath care insurers to compete on a national scale creates a very common thing in a free market called competition, which is you are pro-free market, and/or pro-capitalism, you would be all for. I have my quarrels with Obamacare, but it's better than what is currently in place, though I would have still preferred to have seen a European style single payer system.

You mention that it is, "...going against morality and doing abortion...," while provisions are set up to make abortion attainable to those who desire it, the clauses regarding abortion do not mean that every woman is require to have an abortion. Statistically speaking, abortion has a mortality rate of .6 per 100,000 were as mortality for pregnancy carried to term was/is around 16 per 100,000, in a way, making abortion safer than childbirth. While this statement shows my personal views, abortion is to murder as a miscarriage is to involuntary manslaughter, and while you may not agree with abortion, it should still be available in a safe and legal fashion for those who desire the procedure. With that said, this debate is not about abortion, but Obama, though if you wish to have a debate on abortion , I'm up to the challenge.

Questions

1. Again, the president alone is not responsible for creating jobs, nor under the ideas of capitalism which so many people praise, is the government responsible for "creating" jobs. I suppose that if you want Obama to "create" jobs, the only way he could directly do such a thing would be to add additional departments similar to the DOJ, DOD, and akin to those, or increase government spending to create temporary boasts to the economy in ways such as repairing infrastructure.

2. I am not Obama, therefor I can't speak for him, and seeing as I'm somewhat approving of the Affordable Health Care Act, what counteraction should I demand?

An official can only be impeached for committing a crime, and as far as we know, there is no proof that Obama committed any crime worthy of impeachment, also, if the House of Representative were able to somehow draw up impeachment preceding, and the trial happened, Obama would not be booted from office as the Senate is controlled by Democrats. Simply put, just because you believe Obama hasn't, "done his job," is not a fair enough argument for impeachment.

Since when has Obama legalized drugs? If anything, he's been tougher on drug legalization than the Bush administration was as more DEA raids of marijuana dispensaries have occurred under the Obama administration than the preceding Bush administration in states were medicinal marijuana has been legalized on a state level.
joshua1998

Con

joshua1998 forfeited this round.
Taylor.Gregory

Pro

My arguments still stand as they were in round 2.

Obama isn't by any stretch of the imagination the best president to grace the oval office, nor is he the worse, if anything, he's average.
Posted by LaszloZapacik 3 years ago
LaszloZapacik
"under Obama the national debt has increased about 8.75 trillion dollars in 5yrs! Under Bush it was just alittle over 6 in 8yrs!"

That doesn't tell us an awful lot. In nominal terms we would expect the national debt to grow exponentially, because the economy grows exponentially. The real numbers on interest are the % of GDP, which are of concern (under Obama, the debt has gone from about 40% to about 75% of GDP), though this is largely because of the economic slump.

Though to suggest that this problem is best solved by cuts is false. After the Second World War, the US had a national debt approaching 110% of GDP. Britain had one as high as 250%. Both then embarked on large Keynesian investment projects, increases in welfare spending and more. And both saw the national debt gradually decrease until it became irrelevant.
Posted by JimmyRusltler 3 years ago
JimmyRusltler
Maybe the guy below me should be doing the debate, not the illiterate, uneducated 15 year old.
Posted by pontob 3 years ago
pontob
Honestly I think you go a bit far when you say he never should have been elected in the first place. Even after the cruddy stuff that Obama has done to the American people I still would never vote for John McCain, much less Mitt Romney the flip-flopping Mormon. However, I am with you all the way in the contention that Obama should be impeached( I am not saying he will, but he deserves to). American citizens have a constitutional right to liberty and justice. Yet, Obama has done the extremely illegal and unconstitutional act of wiretapping citizens who are not suspected of a crime and not even telling the American people about it. If he had just expanded Bushes policies and told the American people the truth of what he was doing I would have hated him for it, but I couldn't complain since as much as I disagree with that stance I can still respect it. The reason I believe he deserves to be impeached is that he didn't even tell his own people that he was doing it. and He has denied Americans the liberty of knowing the truth that their private conversations were being monitored for no just cause and has weaselled out of providing a fair and just system that he claimed he would provide knowing full well at the time that he would never supply it.
Posted by joshua1998 3 years ago
joshua1998
Obama is good
Posted by joshua1998 3 years ago
joshua1998
Obama is good
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
What is the pro side asserting?
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
What is the pro side asserting?
Vote Placed by Nyx999 3 years ago
Nyx999
joshua1998Taylor.GregoryTied
Reasons for voting decision: Joshua forfeited a round, which gives Taylor.Gregory better conduct, and Taylor Gregory just generally had better arguments.
Vote Placed by Magic8000 3 years ago
Magic8000
joshua1998Taylor.GregoryTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.