Samwizzle
TheMemeLord

Occupy Movement

Challenge Expired or Declined
TheMemeLord either declined this challenge, or never responded to it. If you are Samwizzle, login to see your options.
Started: 9/28/2017 Category: Economics
Updated: 8 months ago Status: Challenge Declined

Samwizzle

Pro

Hello TheMemeLord,

You recently voted against the Occupy Movement stating that the movement is essentially socialism in America. I would like to get a deeper understanding of your philosophy.

First, I think we should lay a foundation.

Do you believe the increasing disparities between the rich and poor will eventually lead to conflict?

If my understanding of history is in check, this trend is going nowhere unless A. The community comes together as a whole and regulates the financial system to prevent destructive wealth distribution i.e. Socialism or B. Eventual conflict arises with possible catastrophic results.

That being said, I do think there is a more fundamental issue here.

What is more beneficial to the well-being of intelligent life, liberal democracy or Laissez-faire capitalism?

Is democracy even possible without a Gaussian distribution of wealth?

Thank you for your time,
Sam