on balance the rise of china is beneficial to the interests of the united states

Rise of China: China becoming a potential superpower country later on, rising economically, politically, and in military wise.
beneficial: favorable or resulting in a positive way.
interest: to excite or give attention to.

Contention1: Rise of China will lead to a war

Contention 2: The debt has increased between China and US

Contention 3: Rise of China can damage US military wise.

Let me begin my arguments. I believe the rise of China is beneficial to the interests of the United States.
In particular, I argue the topic from the economic and militaristic point of view.

Firstly, trade with China is beneficial for the U.S. Many U.S. big companies like G.M., Ford, and Motorola have been shifting their manufacturing facilities to China for many years. The country offers many low-waged workers.
Therfore, U.S. companies can make many kinds of standardized prodicts with low cost. They are exported to the U.S. market. ``Made in China``products are often less expensive than products manufactured elsewhere- allowing consumers in America access to less expensive goods.``(

Secondly, these days China is enjoying a rapid economic growth. As a result, the Middle Class is emerging rapidly.
They want to buy a high-quality and innovative products which U.S. companies make at american factories.
This contributes to decreasing the U.S. trade deficit with China.

Thirdly, with the growing of GDP of China, the country has accumulated a large amount of foreign exchange, which is dollar. However, Chinese government is interested in investing in U.S. Tresury bills which ``keep interest rates down in the face of massive federal borrowing, preventing U.S. private domestic investment from being crowded out.``(

I believe those three points are economically beneficial to the interests of the United States.

I continue on my arguments for Round 2.

phantom123 forfeited this round.

Unfortunately, Con forfeited Round 2. However, I continue on my arguments.
In this Round I focus my attention on military problems between the U.S. and China.
I believe keeping the military cooperation with China is beneficial to the United States. We must think about the reason why U.S.-China military relationship is important for both countries.

First, the U.S. strongly needs military cooperation with China. This is indispensable for the security of the country.
The decisive reason is that the U.S. needs a military information about North Korea. Once upon a time after World War Second China offered a economic, financial aid for the development of North Korea. Even today the two countries have a economic and diplomatic relations. For example, ``China isn`t expected to abandon its communist neighbor.``( China`s patience wearing thin as North Korea plans another nuclear test, February 11, 2013. And China has maintained flow of aid and investment with the country.(http://www.foxnews.... com/world/2013) Moreover, ``China is widely credted with keeping its neighbor afloat, providing an estimated half million tons of oil to North Korea a year, along with copious amounts of food aid.``( http://www.foxnews.... com/world/2013)

By building a military relationship with China the U.S. can get a information about military strategy and policy of North Korea. They influence on the military policy of Asian countries and the rest of the world.

Second, the United States is worried about the military power of North Korea which is threatening the country these days. However, China can play an important role as a buffer country. China is placed on the best position to make the relationship between the two countries turn about the harmonious relationship. China is the only country which is able to persuade North Korea not to attack the U.S.

In this closely connected global world, we must strive for preventing the military conflict using atomic bomb with the cooperation of all the countries of the world.

phantom123 forfeited this round.

Unfortunately, Oppornent forfeited once again.
I believe that from my arguments for Round 1 and 2`` on balance the rise of china is beneficial to the interests of the united states.``