one plus one equals two

simple math

My Notion

If you have a 1 and you have another 1. This makes 11. Therefore 1 plus 1 is 11.

My Proof

The definition of plus is as follows:

"with the addition of" [1]

'1 with the addition of 1' means that you must add a 1 onto a 1. Adding a 1 onto a 1 means that they must be combined to make one number [2]. Therefore, that one number is 11.

As you can see, the two 1,1s make 11 which is the answer to the problem that you claim to know the answer to.

When you add 1+1=2, it's not about adding digits, you maybe too stupid enough to think that 1+1=11 in which it isn't.

There may be something unclear here which I am just going to quickly clarify. The resolution never said whether we are physically adding numbers or whether we are adding the digits. I look at definitions when making my case and as stated previously the definition of plus is defined as a physical addition and therefore we can get the number 1 (physically) and get another one and join them together. This joining makes two 1s next to eachother which makes 11.

Note To Voters

I'll just like to make a few things clear. Voters should be voting without looking at this in a bias manner because it may seem obvious that 1 add 1 is 2 however judges must impartially judge debates without actually using your opinion when deciding the matter. With that said, you can use your opinion to determine the burdens but your overall analysis should not be based on what you believe. It should be about how arguments contribute to the burdens being met and whether or not they have been fulfilled.

Also I'd like to make note of poor conduct:

"you maybe too stupid enough to think that 1+1=11 in which it isn't."

It doesn't matter how obvious that you think that this notion is, the fact is that it offensive and rude and voters ought to presume Con on the conduct point at the very minimum.

My opponent has not fulfilled his portion of the BOP. Whilst I agree that the burdens lie heavily on Con (ie. me), they are not completely on me and since my opponent agrees with the notion that the resolution presents, my opponent is obliged to prove this notion to be true. My opponent's position may be a lot easier to affirm however without a valid response to the negative case and without a constructive case on their own, my opponent cannot affirm and win this debate.

All arguments are extended due to the fact that my opponent dropped all of them.

"1+1=2 simple math"

Where is your proof for this claim? This is under your burden to prove. Not mine. It bares little weight upon the resolution unless it is actually proven with sourcing or alternative means of evidence.

"it's not about adding digits"

Really? The definition of plus allows me to rationally come to the conclusion (and assume that) we are referring to the numbers as in their physical form and therefore my addition of physical digits is justified.

When you mean it 1+1=2 is simple math
for example "all the americans are dead"
we're not americans, we're all just people
it does not mean that we're all the same at all
it means no matter what society, religion, or culture you live or believe in
we're only different in skin color, gender, name, and chromosomes and DNA!
its not that different
not 11

Counter Rebuttals

My opponent's argument is highly irrelevant to the resolution and therefore it can be easily dismissed without a link to the resolution the argument makes no sense in regards to the resolution and voters (and I) am not obliged to infer what I wish from this argument.

On a side note, I agree that not all Americans are the same and that they shouldn't be classified separately by this. They should be classified by their beliefs ideologies, appearances personality, DNA etc.

1+1=11 because 1 and 1 are equal to eachother and in physical appearance are also the same. Thereby, we can use logic to determine that two of these added together would equate to 11 because two of the physical forms of 1 are added and 11 consists of 1+1.

My opponent has not been able to present ANY arguments at all to support the little burden that they have. Nor have they been able to provide me with any rebuttals apart from a strange comparison that makes little - no sense in regards to the resolution being discussed.

I have met my BOP due to the fact that I provided many arguments all of which have been dropped.

My opponent has simply presented me with extremely poor conduct to make up for the lack of arguments and rebuttals on their behalf.

My BOP is met. The resolution is negated. Vote Con!
Posted by whiteflame 9 months ago
>Reported vote: Jevinigh// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Clever con.

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD, just a statement about the voter's perception of Con. Arguments, conduct, S&G, and sources are unexplained.
Posted by whiteflame 9 months ago
>Reported vote: tajshar2k// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Con (Conduct, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Pro called Con stupid, and didn't do anything to refute Con's arguments.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter does have to do more to explain arguments. While a lack of refutation can certainly be part of the reason for a vote, the voter does have to explain how Con's arguments sufficiently negated the resolution, and not just assume that they did.
Posted by famousdebater 9 months ago
lol. Keep saying that when you lose the debate.
Posted by BryanMullins 9 months ago
this con is a dumb idiot that has little or no idea what he's talking about
Posted by famousdebater 9 months ago
I have a character limit. All will be explained next round.
Posted by geho89 9 months ago
Sorry Con, I lost you when you asserted that "1 with the addition of 1" is equivalent to the fact that I "must add 1 onto a 1" to make "11". Are you using the number "1" in terms of having a physical form in your example? What are the physical properties of "1"? What does it even mean to add [physical object] onto another [physical object]? Fusion like adding tin onto copper to make bronze? Wouldn't 1 onto 1 be just 1 assuming if the two physical 1s can share the same space in time? So many unanswered questions. :/
Posted by Bolas 9 months ago
What's the debate?
Vote Placed by geho89 8 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro makes no effort to define any of his terms and fails to create what I expect to see as a mathematical proof that 1+1=2 (See Principia Mathematica by Russell and Whitehead). Pro only asserted that 1+1=2 and uses circular and an irrelevant argument to do so. Con argued from a perspective of a physical "1" and was able to support his premise while Pro makes no effort to refute it.
Vote Placed by Hayd 9 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro makes no arguments of his own, simply asserts that 1+2=2. Con argues that "adding" 1 to 1, makes 11. Since you are adding one to the end of it. Con fails to refute this argument, merely persist to claim that 1+1=2 and go on some irrelevent tangent on society. Thus , as Pro had no arguments and failed to refute Con's. Con wins.