cpasshun
Oliark

oversea companies

Oliark

cpasshun

Pro

Oversea companies have recently been brought to my attention. The question i have been asked was about the prices and work wages that happen between different countries upon the United Staes. The question i was asked is as followed: " Companies like Nike make millions, maybe Trillions of dollars. They have companies overseas in places like China doing the hard work for less than $0.38 an hour making the shoes for less tan $2.00. They bring the shoes over to America which we then buy for close to $100.00 for a pair of shoes. Do you think this is right or should companies come back over to America?

In my opinion, whoever buys the shoes are not smart enough to realize the profit big comapanies like Nike our making from us. I, myself, also buy oversea shoes and now realize how i am being used but that will not stop me from not buying the shoe. Cpmanies who are overseas should not come back over to America because deflation would occur and it will be just like the great depression. Americans would make make products than that being sold and nothing would sell. Places like China, India and Iran would stop buying our products which means we won't make a profit. Overall, comapnies should stay doing what they are doing and continue making a profit!
Oliark

Con

I accept this debate. I will start exposing my arguments on R2 but I would appreciate if my opponent could clarify some of his claims :

"Companies who are overseas should not come back over to America because deflation would occur and it will be just like the great depression"

I will explain round 2 why this statement is false. But before that, I would like Pro to provide sources backing it.

"Americans would make make products than that being sold and nothing would sell. Places like China, India and Iran would stop buying our products which means we won't make a profit. Overall, companies should stay doing what they are doing and continue making a profit!"

Please explain me how exactly Nike's profit benefits you or me. There is no we ! The people and Multinationals corporation are different entities with divergent interests.

cpasshun

Pro

cpasshun forfeited this round.
Oliark

Con

My opponent forfeited.
His pseudoeconomic analysis about deflation occuring when companies returned to the US has not been backed by any source.

Deflation depends mainly on money supply. Where goods are produced makes little difference. Infact Offshoring actually has a small impact on inflation: it decreases inflation (deflation) by reducing money circulation.
(Corporate profit and costs abroad remove money from the real economy.)
The point is that if every single company in the industrial sector decided to practice offshore outsourcing, there will be millions of people left unemployed and unable to spend money on products.
So Unless others sectors can absorb these unemployed, this would harm the economy.

http://cs.stanford.edu...

Deflation during the great depression had nothing to do with production, the cause was the decrease in money supply (the exact dynamics are explained in the link below).

http://www.sjsu.edu...

cpasshun

Pro

cpasshun forfeited this round.
Oliark

Con

Please vote con....
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
You just jumped from millions to trillions of dollars. Do you have clue what big money is? And where do you get the wages from that you say they are being paid. Do you have a dart board and throw a dart and the number hit is what you use?

I personally do not have a problem with companies moving out of this country because of an overbearing and intrusive government. A man works hard to build a business. Then a democrat comes in and says" you did not build that", then proceeds to take 50% or more of his business so their voters ( the freeloaders) can stay at home watching Oprah and eating a hundred dollars worth of twinkies a week.

When you boil it down to nuts and bolts, that is exactly what is happening.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
cpasshunOliarkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture