kimmi
Diirez

paddling in schools

kimmi
Started: 9/20/2013 Category: News

kimmi

Pro

I say yes that students should to get paddled in school because it is the best thing to do when a child does something bad so they should get punished for what they did wrong and 35% of people say that is the right thing to do and only 19 states still paddle their students
Diirez

Con

This debate is going to be extremely challenging since I am only allowed 1,000 characters, which is not nearly enough to make a substantial and good argument. I will be doing arguments in segments since I need enough room to cite and to post the argument:

According to the American Psychological Association (APA): "Many studies have shown that physical punishment-- including spanking, hitting and other means of causing pain-- can lead to increased aggression, antisocial behavior, physical injury and mental health problems for children." [1]

[1] http://www.apa.org...
kimmi

Pro

Diirez

Con

"it is the best thing to do when a child does something bad" - Pro

"There is little research evidence that physical punishment improves children's behavior in the long term. In contast, there is substantial research evidence that physical punishment puts children at risk for negative outcomes, including increased aggression, antisocial behavior, mental health problems and physical injury." [1]

[1] Gershoff, Elizabeth (2008) What Research Tells Us About Its Effects on Children, Page 25, Conclusion

kimmi

Pro

i have change my mind i do not agree with paddling
Diirez

Con

I rest my case.
Diirez

Con

Diirez forfeited this round.
Diirez

Con

Diirez forfeited this round.
Posted by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
Debating about paddling in schools... That's a paddalin'
Posted by kimmi 3 years ago
kimmi
I don't really agree but I am also not pro to con either I am really a middle person in this debate and to
honest should not paddle a student who has done nothing wrong and has not got and in trouble and if the student was to get a punishment it should be by the gender of the student like what happened in Texas with the male vase principle paddling a female students and leaving a bunch of whips and bruises AND THAT SORT OF THING
Posted by Projectid 3 years ago
Projectid
Really, paddling children in schools? The thought of someone disciplining my children with paddles or any physical contact for that matter would drive me to beat the disciplinarians with paddles! I can't believe that some people think that this is a good idea.
Posted by Corneliuss 3 years ago
Corneliuss
Tell him it's immoral.
Vote Placed by Sargon 3 years ago
Sargon
kimmiDiirezTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro dropped Con's arguments and never responded to them after, but Con forfeited twice.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
kimmiDiirezTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con should have won, but then he dropped out... Oh and pro changing his mind, does not invalidate his previous arguments and actually sticking around.